FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Russell's 10th

CELTIC1CALEY3

One of ICT's greatest unsung heroes is Russell Duncan. He often takes dogs abuse when one or two passes go astray. People expect perfection from him.

If more people supported him he would be an outstanding player. He does not appear to seek praise but clearly has worked hard in adversity to cope with negative support.

Russell now appears to be on 8 goals for the club. When Denzil closed in on 100 goals we gave him great support - result happy player, 100 goals.

Now Russell might take another 3 years to get his 10th but for the rest of the season lets help him. If only he believed in himself he would score a lot more because he has great ability with his 'arrows' into the corners.

And by the way, I have not seen Russell's humour with the Heart's keeper yesterday but I suspect before the keeper was sent off Russell probably advised him 'his save in the last minute at Ibrox was pish!' Clever yellow you picked up Russell!!

I said elsewhere that Duncan's goal was a cracker from about 22 yards out....he's had a few shots from that range this season and he's been unfortunate that more of them haven't gone in.

One of the great things about ICT is that goals can come from anywhere.  Wyness, Cowie, Niculae, Wilson, Bayne, Black, Duncan, Rankin, McBain, Proctor and Tokely have all netted for us so far this season!!!

Was it not him that gave Scott Brown a little friendly slap near the end of our recent walkover. :crazy07:

Lower section B thought Scottie met his match  :015:

As posted on Pie and Bovril I fully believe he put himself so far out of position and deliberately went for the keeper for his sending off, we were 2-1 up at the time and it shouldve been enough to win the game, turned out to be, as Baynes drive was right at the stand in who couldnt react.

I've been harsh to Duncan in the past but he was top class yesterday, that move near the end topped the goal, which I'm taking the credit for  :001:  I clocked his run while the ball was still out n the left and stood with my arms up around the seated folk who mustve thought i was mental for a few seconds before the ball flew past the keeper.

I've celebrated goals a couple of touches too early in the past and theyve all gone in.

Strangely enough, in yesterdays Sun an article about the differences between the high paid psuedo stars and the rest listed Russell among the top few unsung hero's of the game. The guys who may only score a six in the ratings each week but who do so on a very regular and consistant basis. Russell can make mistakes but he is hard working and always in the face of opposition.

Breat at what he does, but.......his passing is mince. And he seems to have taken over the Blackie role of picking up stupid bookings this season. How come he doesn't get the same stick Blackie was getting?

Great player yes, infuriating at times though.

Have all his goals been screamers???

I mind one at Brechin a few years back, which was.

The one against Utd last season was.

Yesterdays was.

Was there one against Falkirk this year??

Can't mind his others....when were they?

Have all his goals been screamers???

I mind one at Brechin a few years back, which was.

The one against Utd last season was.

Yesterdays was.

Was there one against Falkirk this year??

Can't mind his others....when were they?

AFAIK all of Duncans goals have been scored from at least 20 yards out and were all screamers :crazy07:

The boy done good.

About two minutes before he scored his cracker he took a free kick about forty yards out and overhit it badly, much to the consternation of the away support, he then gets on the end of a great move and rifles a scorcher into the bottom corner, classic Russel Duncan.

He scored a belter on the run from 25 yards against Alloa.  we scored six that night and five were simply stunning, Hart scoring from about 43 yards with a thunderous free kick.