FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

GRETNA RESIGN FROM SFL

SMEE

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's some list of Creditors!!!!

Thought this entry was a bit of a hard neck.....

Brooks Mileson/Heartshape - Loan Acc ?1,871,427.82

In all honesty, after Inland Revenue and Customs and Excise have been paid (I believe they get first dibs and payment in full?) then it's unlikely anyone else will see a penny.

i am now officially bored with the Gretna situation....oh isnt t his the 3rd " deadline" they have set....

boo hoo. Thats what they get for relying on a single investor who bought them their SPL place.

My only concern is where will be get the 12 points next season from whan they go

I do feel kind of sorry for the fans!!

there going to lose their team!!

But look at caley and Falkirk 2 of the only teams which have managed to keep there finaces on track even though the moved to the spl!!

I heard somewhere we didn't receive as much money as St mirren and Gretna did when the moved into the spl!!

I agree with the fact that Brooks isn't getting stick about all of this. It was his money that took the club to the SPL, he agreed to pay for the players contracts and employ all the necessary staff to run the club. All these people have mortgages to pay and families to look after.

The responsibility for this is his. :018:

If the cash was not there to do it he should be hung out to dry. It appears he has got bored or is in financial difficulty himself, I hope (for the clubs sake) it is the latter or else he really is a complete ******.

If he was in financial difficulty himself he should have come right out and admitted that he could no longer keep the club going in the way he hoped. He doesn't seem to have given a single statement about the situation since the shyt started hitting the fan. Being ill doesn't excuse you of responsibilities (and knowing he wasn't in the best of health beforehand, he made NO contingency plans about even paying his players each week??!!) and after all the time which has passed, surely he could have spoken out via his son.

T*sser, I'm afraid.

Brooks Mileson/Heartshape - Loan Acc ?1,871,427.82

I think it isn't BM who's owed that money. Its a loan account in his / one of his companies name. A lender somewhere is owed the money though Mileson/Heartshape are responsible for the debt.

If he was in financial difficulty himself he should have come right out and admitted that he could no longer keep the club going in the way he hoped. He doesn't seem to have given a single statement about the situation since the shyt started hitting the fan. Being ill doesn't excuse you of responsibilities (and knowing he wasn't in the best of health beforehand, he made NO contingency plans about even paying his players each week??!!) and after all the time which has passed, surely he could have spoken out via his son.

T*sser, I'm afraid.

His son will be delighted at this news. His Dad was pissing away his future inheritance on Gretna. Good point about lack of contingency plan. Gretna players were paid weekly by cheques signed off by Brooks. With him falling unwell players livelihoods were jeopardised as no back up plan was in place for payment. The lack of criticism for the whole Gretna farce is staggering. Chick "Lets use every media clich? going" Young is one of a number of pundits who are still caught up in the Living The Dream rubbish which was falling apart as they limped across the finishing line last season.

Maybe Beattie Pidiatry could help by writing off the 20 pounds they are owed???

Seriously though this is not a unique situation, Hearts will be in the exact same situation when Romonov pulls out.  I have a bit of a soft spot for Hearts because I think Tynecastle is a great place to watch footie,  How steep are those stands!!

The difference is that Hearts are a substantial footballing entity with a lrge fan base. They will lose Tynecastle, in all probability when Romanov has had enough but will continue even if they have to ground share for a few seasons.

Gretna, on the other hand, have no substance behind them and face the real prospect of disappearing all together like Third Lnark.

The difference is that Hearts are a substantial footballing entity with a lrge fan base. They will lose Tynecastle, in all probability when Romanov has had enough but will continue even if they have to ground share for a few seasons.

The difference is also that Hearts are 40 MILLION in debt (and rising) compared to the 4 Million of Gretna ..... If Vlad ever gets too much grief, decides he cant be bothered any more, or has a crucial planning application go the wrong way and walks away in the huff then I cant see him being too charitable about his bank calling in the debt he has allowed HMFC to rack up ..... 

Agreed but the bank can only realise the assets which consist of Tynecastle alone and perhaps a few of the playing staff.

The existing PLC may disappear but at the end of the process there wllwill still be tens of thousands of fans ready to back an refinance a new company even if Romanov retains the right to the name Heart of Midlothian, Hearts in some shape or form will quickly rise from the ashes. They may not have any assets to start out with but they will be debt free and a viable entity. The same can not be said of Gretna.

Heart of Midlothian. Losing Tynecastle? Imagine that.

I worked with Tommy Walker Junior when I worked in Edinburgh for 6 years. Tommy almost certainly bacame a Bank Manager after we parted company. But Tommy Jnr will be retired by now so no use turning to him Vlad. :016:

I wonder what his dad is thinking about all this in his Tiny Castle" uppa kye."

:023:

It's often been said that Gretna are an embarrasment, shouldn't be in the SPL etc, but despite their problems and playing all their games away from home, they have actually competed far, far better than Derby have in the Premiership : 23 pts v 11.

The SFL are going to have to set a deadline before too long. Any team replacing them in the league are going to have to start gearing up for senior football sooner rather than later.

Any uncertaintly is going to have to be resolved by the end of the month in fairness to all concerned.

question can the club still be classed as in exsistance if they have no staff of any description, players or otherwise?????

how soon till an anti merger mob jumps on that idea?

Yes, Gretna still have membership of the SFL, and will be due a parachute payment for dropping down ( if they have not already recieved it)

Whether they can sort it out and guarantee they can provide a team is another story, the consortium trying to buy Gretna will maybe take their membership and change their name ( as Airdrie did with Clydebank), but it will be up to the creditors to accept the offer or not.

It's the parachute payments they would have received over the next two years which have been used to see them this far (plus some).

What I am unsure about is if Gretna were ever made "full" members of the SFL, as far as I can remember they were still associate members at the close of the league last year....if that is still the case then it could be what is preventing anyone from making a firm offer as associate SFL members can be booted at any time for no real reason.