FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

FA CUP GLORY

Dmacca

Could be a momentous day in the history of Bristol Rovers FC, Play Southampton at the Memorial Stadium Bristol 12.30 KO the prize a place in the Quarter Final of the FA Cup, not bad for a 1st Division club.

I will be there cheering on the Gas, if they manage to do it and ICT overcome Dundee UTD then a great day/night will be had.

Southampton arn't doing too well at the moment so I reckon an upset could be on the cards. Good luck and enjoy the day.

Cheers Gringo you too, will be keeping up to date with events in the Highlands by TXT today so as i said lets hope for two home wins today.  :021:

Yeah - Good luck Bristol Rovers...  :022:

I'm looking forward to the Big One... Man u vs Arsenal - should be back from TCS just in time for KO at 5.15pm...

Surprised the bookies have made Man U slight favourites for this one... after the way they played angainst Man City last week.... :024:

As a Bristol boy/middle aged boy, if you know what i mean, being a Bristol Rovers supporter today was absolutely amazing, mostly for my lad gives him something to remember for rest of his life as i have done since watching Rovers beat Southampton in 1978 in the 4th round of same competition, only difference was we were in the same league then.

Of note i will record here that last Tuesday Bristol Rovers played Oldham Athletic, my lad asked the question, dad i want to live in Inverness it would be great to watch ICT every week, my youngest daughter says the same all her school mates(8 years old) know of Ian Black & Zander Sutherland you would have to be there to believe it......

Any way great to get a draw today against DU and i think consolidate 6th place?

Football could not be any better at moment, here looking forward to Man utd at Old Trafford..

As a Bristol boy/middle aged boy, if you know what i mean, being a Bristol Rovers supporter today was absolutely amazing, mostly for my lad gives him something to remember for rest of his life as i have done since watching Rovers beat Southampton in 1978 in the 4th round of same competition, only difference was we were in the same league then.

Of note i will record here that last Tuesday Bristol Rovers played Oldham Athletic, my lad asked the question, dad i want to live in Inverness it would be great to watch ICT every week, my youngest daughter says the same all her school mates(8 years old) know of Ian Black & Zander Sutherland you would have to be there to believe it......

Any way great to get a draw today against DU and i think consolidate 6th place?

Football could not be any better at moment, here looking forward to Man utd at Old Trafford..

Thats what footballs ALL about , feck Man U,Chelsea,Barcelona etc, support yer local sherrif, have a great night Macca

I am Hellandee, still pinching myself, your dead right bout football though....take the good times cause theres plenty not so good before the next time, we got a great contingent of Man utd/Chelsea types down here cant be doing with that, though i do get a bit of stick myself bout ICT now, but thats life.

Yes, well done Bristol Rovers. Hard luck on Preston going down to an injury time winner after having a penalty saved.

Still 5 teams from outwith the top division going into the draw for the quarter finals. Assuming they avoid either of the big two then Wembley beckons.

When was the last time, if ever, as many " lower division" teams featured in the draw at this stage ?

Reckon them Baggies might put up a better fight than Southampton. At least you have a home tie. You have avoided the two remaining BIG teams so the semi's beckon. Very best of luck.

The 1/4 final draw:

Sheffield United or Middlesbrough v Cardiff City

Manchester United v Portsmouth

Bristol Rovers v West Brom

Barnsley v Chelsea

Typically of Tony Mowbry's teams, the Baggies seem to be blowing hot and cold just now. If Bristol Rovers catch them on a day they're blowing cold they could well be on their way to Wembley.

On the other hand if W.B.A. are blowing hot on the day; well just look at what happened to Coventry !

Reckon them Baggies might put up a better fight than Southampton. At least you have a home tie. You have avoided the two remaining BIG teams so the semi's beckon. Very best of luck.

The 1/4 final draw:

Sheffield United or Middlesbrough v Cardiff City

Manchester United v Portsmouth

Bristol Rovers v West Brom

Barnsley v Chelsea

Barnsley - Chelsea looks like being the tie of the round to me.

Watched Sheffield/Middlesbrough on Saturday night - cr@p game - wouldn't like to sit through the replay....

Cheers guys for all your best wishes and support to the Gas, shame the boys up there couldnt quite pull it off against DU, but pleased that they achieved a draw and stay in contention for the top six, the FA Cup draw today is great for the Rovers and you never know what might happen, you will certainly hear about it from me if they create history and make a wembly semi-final.

Dmacca, how do Bristol Rovers fans feel about the Robins astonishing success in he league this season?

Would they like to see City in the Premiership next season ? Surely it would do Rovers no harm and be good for football in the city as  whole. With Plymouth also challenging for a play off spot and Rovers doing so well in the FA Cup football in the West Country seems to be flourishing after too long in the doldrums.

Dmacca, how do Bristol Rovers fans feel about the Robins astonishing success in he league this season?

Would they like to see City in the Premiership next season ? Surely it would do Rovers no harm and be good for football in the city as  whole. With Plymouth also challenging for a play off spot and Rovers doing so well in the FA Cup football in the West Country seems to be flourishing after too long in the doldrums.

Interesting question that Kingsmills, I have not heard a lot of negative things from Rovers fans about the City success and chance of getting to the Premier league, but then again things have and are going well for the Rovers, personally i think its amazing for them and hope they do it. for most City fans I am delighted but there is huge rivalry down here and there are a few knobs who get on the local radio station sport chat show that i would hate to see get the gratification.

1 week to go before the big game Bristol Rovers v West Brom 6pm  KO next Sunday at the Memorial Stadium Bristol.

History in the making if the Gas can do it, first time in their history to get to semi-finals of FA Cup.

Guest pompeyjags

i fancy portsmouth to spring a surprise against man u this time round.... :crazy07:

i told you so!! lol :023:

What a great result for Pompey, that increases the chance of one of the lesser clubs getting to the final, I hope that Bristol Rovers can do the business tomorrow, getting pretty apprehensive about it now, I am wondering if this is one game to far, time will tell though.

Thanks again for the good luck wishes guys, some positive thoughts from up north might just tip the balance.