FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Don Cowie

RiG

Heard over the weekend from one of the County fans I play football with that Chipper is being sought by no less than 3 SPL clubs. Aberdeen and Hibs were two of them and it is well known that he wants to move on at some point to a higher level. I would certainly be expecting a couple of bids to come our way for Don but hopefully we would get a good return for him.

Another potentially worrying development.

like it or not thats football for you.

being offered lots more money at a bigger firm/company/organisation, i wonder what i would do  :024:

makes you wonder why so many of our players are on such short contracts, we only ever seem to hear of players getting 2 year deals so when a player has a good season, 6 months later teams can approach them on a pre-season contract.

certainly hope chipper stays, he has been a very good player for us since his arrival

makes you wonder why so many of our players are on such short contracts, we only ever seem to hear of players getting 2 year deals so when a player has a good season, 6 months later teams can approach them on a pre-season contract.

You are quite right. I can only recall Golly, Hastings & Rankin in recent times getting 3 year deals.

The club needs to sit down with Cowie, Fraser, Munro, Black and even Niculae and get them on long(er) deals. They are the backbone of the team and the fact they will all be out of contract at the end of next season is bound to attract the attention of a few clubs. We should be acting now rather than the farce of not starting negotiations till the end of January  :029:

I dont care who it is....if a player does not want to be at ICT, they can feck aff as far as I am concerned. Maybe Cowie suffers visions of grandeur.

Ian Black, Marius Niculae and Rory McAllister have all said they want to move onto bigger things at some point while at ICT. Cowie will be no different. I doubt he has said anything like "I think I can better right now" more that he will at some point want to move on and when he does he will be aiming to make sure it is a step up and progress. I don't see anything wrong with that. We are very much a stepping stone club for the majority of players that come to us.

He is a quality player and I think we will get another season from him before he moves on.

You are quite right. I can only recall Golly, Hastings & Rankin in recent times getting 3 year deals.

The club needs to sit down with Cowie, Fraser, Munro, Black and even Niculae and get them on long(er) deals. They are the backbone of the team and the fact they will all be out of contract at the end of next season is bound to attract the attention of a few clubs. We should be acting now rather than the farce of not starting negotiations till the end of January  :029:

absolutely! but will it happen? i'm highly doubtful.

Either contract discussions will be left til the last minute or the player will be told to prove he merits a new contract even if he is a key member of the squad! the way contracts have been dealt with this year have been incredible, first rankin then duncan then wyness. not to mention niculae or any of the players out of contract in the summer

Heard over the weekend from one of the County fans I play football with that Chipper is being sought by no less than 3 SPL clubs. Aberdeen and Hibs were two of them

I dont care who it is....if a player does not want to be at ICT, they can feck aff as far as I am concerned. Maybe Cowie suffers visions of grandeur.

A Ross County fan says that DC is being sought by 3 SPL clubs. If you believe the story then its the clubs looking at him not him wanting away. Give the guy a break !!! If we dip into the real world for a second, we all know that any player we have who performs to a good standard will always be looked at by other clubs who are either bigger than us or who have the ability to pay more to the player. It does not automatically make the player a bad guy, mean he will go, or even that he wants to go.

it is well known that he wants to move on at some point to a higher level. I would certainly be expecting a couple of bids to come our way for Don but hopefully we would get a good return for him.

Cant fault the guy for having ambition. If a player shows loyalty to ICT while he is with us and gives 100% on the park then I for one do not grudge them for moving on "at some point". Doesnt sound like he is knocking down the manager's door asking for a transfer, merely stating that he is an ambitious player who wants to perform at the highest level at some point in his career. We are always going to lose players in this type of scenario because despite ICT playing at the highest level in Scotland we are not the best team at that level. I am sure that fans of County, Clyde, or other teams where we take our players from make similar comments when one of their players moves to another level with ICT !!!!!

I think some of our fans are getting delusions of grandeur.  Of course we want to get better but we have to face it that, in terms of both size and what we have achieved, we're fighting to be on top of the Livi's, St J's, Falkirk's etc etc.  Once we're there, we can start talking about ourselves as attracting and keeping players at their peak.  Black, Cowie etc will probably move on to bigger things and I'll be proud of what they did at this club, hoping that the transfer fee allows to get some new promising stars of the future, so we can achieve as much as we can (whilst keeping our feet on the ground).

Guest gavisto

Young Don is as ambitious as any young player should be,I know that he is happy here  & is not going looking  for  a transfer

He was a good servant to County & will be at ICT until he moves on to better himself & family as any young professional would.

I love reading the nonsense on boards like AFC Chat...

I have it on good authority that Don Cowie and Ian Black are expected to sign for us this summer.

A colleague of mine's son used to play for Caley and keeps in touch with many of the players, including these two, and from what i've been told they will most likely be heading this way. Cowie is out of contract and Black will either be a small fee or allowed to leave given his differences with Brewster.

Aye good authority!? I have it on excellent authority that Cowie isn't out of contract this summer ya tube  :rotflmao:

Aye good authority!? I have it on excellent authority that Cowie isn't out of contract this summer ya tube  :rotflmao:

Please tell me you posted that?

In fairness, when you have Stuart Duff in your team you will believe anything in the vain hope that you can turf him and get someone else in.

Please tell me you posted that?

In fairness, when you have Stuart Duff in your team you will believe anything in the vain hope that you can turf him and get someone else in.

Apparently he was Aberdeen's star preformer yesterday.

:015: