FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tennis

Dmacca

Anyone watch the tennis tonight, not really a tennis fan but thought Murray did well, some superb shots made and a comprehensive win in the end against the 35 year old Santoro, Anyone think he's good enough to win this competition this year or in the future. Thought he did very well to come out on top in the first set.

He's got the game to beat anyone, its whether he can manage to be consistent enough to make the most of his game through a whole slam thats the real question.

I think he will win a slam, not this year though, and probably the US Open is his best shot  :003:

His serving yesterday was awful. He needs to work on that. I seem to recall the commentator saying it was around the 50% success level for his first serve.

That was referring to the 2nd and 3rd sets, his serve % for sets 1 and 4 was 64 and 65.

His serve has steadily improved, its his return that wins him the points!

What a match today!  :003:

............It's one thing to take Gasquet to a thrilling five set victory when you look down and out..............................but a whole different ball game to try and do the same to Nadal.  He was superb, hitting every corner and every baseline, deep returns and power packed shots giving Murray no option but to try big shots all the time..................only one result, an embarrassment for Murray...........or more directly to the media who hyped him up to the general public to even contemplate he could get near to the ultimate..................no chance, Nadal and Federer will battle this one out and may the best man win.

This time Nadal might just have enough power to ruffle Roger but he is the King of the grass court, difficult to call.

Forgot to add..................he will now be officially declared as Scottish or a Scot...............how frightfully scurrilous of him to think he could rise above his ranks and challenge the elite of world tennis...........................................tell them all to feck aff Andy, I for one am proud of your exploits.........come back next year, bigger and stronger and fitter and better and.......and .....and .......fekkin British, then you might win something.

Oh yea of little faith........................were you not ranked number nine............but Mantis complained??????????and he was docked a place for poor hand handwriting, but you cheated or sumpting.............Murray has triumphed before....Federer took a while to get to the top, and look at him now, it's a big business,

Let's face it, men only watch womens tennis to ogle*, so that final was not the most appealing. It was also quite unusual in that it was the final of a major sporting event and yet nobody really cared who won. Perhaps not even the players.

* Hence the reason I listened to the Girls' Final on the radio instead!

Clash of the titans on now.  Only Federer has the game to keep up with Nadal.  Great stuff so far with Nadal holding the early break..........just.

My money is on Federer to get the better of him eventually in a five setter.

One set up for Nadal, tough game.