FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

If you had the say which players..

MrsICTFC

At the moment - none of them - cos we feckin need them all !!

What we need is to bring SPL players in - we need fresh blood and have done fer three transfer windows now.

The big problem is that the two we need to hold on to Black and Cowie but they will hold out and I suspect both will be lubbly Xmas pressies - but not fer cash but on pre contracts - informal or formal !!

i think we have players that aren't SPL level but i think everyone deserves a chance so i wouldn't get rid of anyone at this moment in time if i was in the position to do so....end of the season if nothing changes for these players then yes but not now. the jury is out though on a few of our players.

If you had the say which players...contract would you terminate today and why??

One which has only played one game this season in a meaningless match, demotivates the first team squad, influences the matchday tactics, has in the past proved himself to be a mercenary, puts his own ego before the good of the club and commands a high salary.

Answers on a postcard. :rotflmao:

Paatelainen - as much as it was "nice" to give him 6 months to recover from injury when staring the operating losses we were then the club should have been more ruthless. Had he been something special then fair enough, but he isn't/wasn't.

Other than that we can't afford to be getting rid of anyone unless we can bring in better replacements, and even then I have to say that I agree with comments above about us not seeing the best of the squad available and that is in part down to how they are being managed.

Our start to this season has been better than last season, but I can't help feeling that we are capable of better than what we are seeing, and if Brewster views some of the performances as being great and us losing being down to bad luck then he's in denial.

The players we have are capable of much better than we've been seeing from them. The squad is a bit thin, but that's no excuse for the lack of initiative on the park. I don't want miracles and I don't expect to win every game, I'd just like to get the impression that we're actually trying something out there. I don't like seeing us constantly repeat the same mistakes the way we have been.

The players we have are capable of much better than we've been seeing from them.

I would point to the team rather than players, they're not going out on the grass all fired up like they should be. Brewster, if you can't motivate the team get someone in that can. What's Pele doing these days?

Pele's enjoying himself motivating disadvantaged young folk.

My point is there are no players I'd want to offload, Pataleinen will come into the fray again.

Whilst I was hoping the board would have been a bit more imaginative when CC resigned, of all our previous managers I would have taken Pele back in the blink of an eye. He's got more of a tactical brain than Brew, is more of a team builder/motivator, can see good potential signings and knows the way we were set up at the start.

There's nothing wrong with having a small club mentality if you have a small club's running costs, the next couple of seasons are probably going to be tight for most fans and I'd expect to see crowds dwindle further. Paterson/Shearer at the helm again would be better for the club, better for the squad and better for the fans.

IMHO

I think the bottom line - and I could add this to several threads open at the present time - is that Brew came back to us with a "history" - I believe that there were evidently players who did not welcome his return - it is one thing when you lose the dressing room - it is even worse when you never really had it.

In our first couple of seasons we only had a couple that peeple would describe as "SPL class standard" but the team ethos and spirit shone through. In many ways we had a team of journeymen and plodders. The "togetherness" aint there any more and IMHO hasnt been since the demise of Charlie Christie.