Supporters Trust Meeting

CaleyD

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless I was mistaken, the supporter's trust meeting with the board was tonight.

I had expected to sign on and see a thread with hundreds of pages.

The main moint in this post was to find out the issues discussed and the board's replies.

Was it constructive? Is there a glimmer of light at the end of the dark tunnel?

Bannerman on Radio Scotland now saying that they have given their full support to the team,there was a split on whether Brewster should stay or go,People raising the subject that the Club have become aloof and are not replying to E-mails and not giving answers to subjects raised

60 people at the meeting, sounds like nothing new has happened and looks like a damp squib when it comes to removing Brewster the Bulb from his position

Unless I was mistaken, the supporter's trust meeting with the board was tonight.

I had expected to sign on and see a thread with hundreds of pages.

The main moint in this post was to find out the issues discussed and the board's replies.

Was it constructive? Is there a glimmer of light at the end of the dark tunnel?

Just back, firstly it was not a meeting between the trust and the board of ICT, it was a meeting of the trust members and trust board to discuss our concerns about the running of the club as well as the team performances and management performance, a statement was constructed by the board (trust) to be given to ICT and will, be available online soon i think.

A mix of people wanted brew out, and others wanted more time given to him, what was agreed is that we and all ICT fans are fully behind the team.

Edited by caley100

The meeting was very useful - every speaker expressed concern at the club's position in the league, with many of those suggesting Brewster is the man who should be held to account, and his position at the club should be considered.

DJS has drafted a statement from the Trust to submit to the club requesting that they address the Trust members concerns within the next seven days...

That statement should be appearing on here shortly....

Also pleased to report that hot tea, coffee and even chocolate biscuits were served at half-time....

Edited by Johnboy

This meeting was never going to oust Brewster. What I would have hoped is that there would have been enough of a turnout and a unanimous outcome that would let the club board see that the fans mean business. Sounds like that isn't the case. Turnout of 60.........seen more than that in the Innes on matchday.......................mind you that was while waiting for a bus to Viccy Park

A turnout of 60. How many supporters have we in Inverness?. O.K. I am out of town but still a supporter, albeit it from a distance. The Board and Brewster must be thinking, it's a load of twaddle this protest.

Maybe..........just maybe..........tonight has shown that the consensus is very much split and that we should all be doing what is being asked from Sutherland (Tulloch) down to the players. That is we all pull together and get us out of the mess. The manager is well aware that he is very much in the spotlight and the DoF has publicly stated that improvements are a must. Players know they must improve if they want to profit.

I would have said, had I been at the meeting, "Lets all get behind the team. Lets get back to the support we once were. And lets all get fired up for win, win, win".

All hands on deck and we can save our season. And a top six is only a couple of wins away.

I was very pleased with the turn out and conduct of the meeting.

Many expressed very valid points which were noted by the Trust board and will be discussed in more detail when we next meet to see if there is anything we can follow up on.

Meantime a statement was prepared which was agreed by all in attendance and at the end of the day we are all ICT fans and ultimately want the team to do better. This statement will go to the football club board at our very earliest convenience and we will await their response.

The press were in attendance so there will be plenty of views reported on TV, Radio and in the papers.

Thanks to all who attended

"In view of the current position of the football club, reflected in our current league placing and recent poor performances, we urge the board of the football club to, as much as possible, make clear to supporters in the next week its strategy to ensure that Inverness Caledonian Thistle retains its place in the SPL.

In addition, we ask that the club urgently investigates how they can better communicate with the fans, retail merchanndise to the fans and generally make the matchday experience a more enjoyable one.

We remain fully behind the ICT team at this time and urge all fans to do the same".

Despite diverse opinions on some matters at the meeting, the above statement was agreed by the meeting and reflects the general concerns shown by the fans present.

Many expressed very valid points which were noted by the Trust board and will be discussed in more detail when we next meet to see if there is anything we can follow up on.

Meantime a statement was prepared which was agreed by all in attendance and at the end of the day we are all ICT fans and ultimately want the team to do better. This statement will go to the football club board at our very earliest convenience and we will await their response.

The press were in attendance so there will be plenty of views reported on TV, Radio and in the papers.

Yes, that's O.K. But it do'es not prevent us from be relegated

Edited by finmack

Yes, that's O.K. But it do'es not prevent us from be relegated

Maybe so finmack but what may just prevent relegation is everybody involved in the club, from you right up to the chairman, pulling on the same oars.

Thanks to all who came along and contributed. Certainly an interesting evening with as much concern voiced about what's happening off the park as what's happening on it. If anyone was looking for a unanimous "Brewster must go" outcome then that wasn't to be as there are considerable numbers of fans who feel that would not be appropriate.

However, I do think the statement above is a truthful reflection of the common concern felt by all ICT fans right now.

There may well be calls from the floor for Brewster's head, there may be calls for the resignation of others, that is in the hands of the members attending, but given that the Trust has a 10% voting right, and also owns more than 10,000 additional shares, and likely has proxies from many other shareholders, then the invitation to attend that was extended to shareholders also seems quite sensible because it would allow the Trust Board to gauge their opinions too and see whether there is any broad based appetite for shareholder action.

This action could be something as small as a further press release backed by many small shareholders asking the board to reconsider their current position and share their concerns or it could go to the other end of the scale and be a call for a vote of no confidence in the current board, or it could be something in the middle.

At the end of the day this meeting could go in any direction - its up to the fans attending to be open and honest and say what they believe and what they would like to happen. No vitriol, no sneakiness, no payback for grudges held, no ulterior motives ... just speak from the heart about what you believe is in the best interests of ICTFC.

think I called it !!!