FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gary Harkins ?

Scotty

Is Gary Harkins of Partick on CB's radar ???

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...or_brewster.php

He was one of the names on the SFL players-to-watchlist RiG posted in another thread

?100,000 seems a bit steep considering we sold Rankin for a similar amount

Still desperate times.

I'd be tempted to try and get Ryan Stevenson from Ayr as well. More of a gamble granted but he is a goal scoring left sided midfielder

He was one of the names on the SFL players-to-watchlist RiG posted in another thread

Gary Harkins: Partick Thistle

The 24-year-old midfielder has scored seven goals this season and started to attract the interest of top-flight clubs. Harkins, originally from Greenock, spent six years at Blackburn, rubbing shoulders with the likes of Barry Ferguson, Tugay and David Dunn. He was loaned out to a succession of clubs but failed to break into the first team.

After 12 months at Grimsby Town he finally pitched up at Firhill in the summer of 2007. A rigorous fitness regime has removed some bulk from his imposing frame and allowed him to go box-to-box.

Ian McCall, the Thistle manager, believes he can grace a higher stage. "He is one of four or five players here who are capable of going on to a higher level. He has the potential and he has been great for us this season," he said.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...nuary_sales.php

And what better way for him to put himself firmly in the shop window than by scoring a hat-trick on Saturday. Not that I want him to of course, but you know how these things have a habit of biting you on the erse.

Harkins on his day is as good as anyone in the first division and can beat a player with ease (just watch him against Rangers). He's one of the main reasons that watching Thistle is a joy again after a few years toil it's great to have someone with a bit of skill. With no disrespect if he were to leave I think he could do better, but if you want to give us 100k feel free (as long as it's after Saturday) :rotflmao:

Harkins v Rangers (about 30 seconds in)

while a reported ?50,000 bid by Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood was rubbished earlier this term by Thistle.
Said reported bid was a rumour created and magnificently passed off as gospel by a shipmate of mine using the pie and bovril site.