FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adrenaline Fears

As a connisseur of physiological effects I have some fears in regard to the sudden surge of adrenaline hitting the TCS. My concern is that in order to be utilised to its best effects adrenaline has to be harnessed and controlled. My main concerns reach out to the likes of Imrie, Duncan, Black and Tokely. Passion, drive and effort are necessary ingredients in our quest fer survival but so are restraint, patience and concentration.

Hope Butch puts a modicum of control into his dressing room address or they may be one or two back in it quicker than we would have wanted.

I agree, passion is one thing but keeping a cool head is going to be crucial in the weeks to come! We need to have players who can keep their heads and if necessary the team may have to defend in numbers to win points!! Its going to be a real adrenaline rush over the next few weeks for us all indeed!!

I disagree tbh.

We need to get stuck in, harrass and harry Celtic.. Don't give them any time on the ball.. Make a pentulant foul here and there in Midfield.. Get in tae them!

The more passion, drive and ambition we show against Celtic, the more unsettled they will get and remember - They are tired after that hugely long game in midweek against Dundee Utd. This is a perfect opportunity. Yes we need to keep to the basics, yes we need to mark their forwards with the whole of our team - but we do have a chance.

The whole stadium *needs* to get behind the team.

Guest Brentfordfan

I agree, I was knackered after 35 minutes yesterday. It was a combination of alcohol, adrenalin at 3 goals after being up tight for an important game so pacing yourself on the park and in the stands is important.

I disagree tbh.

We need to get stuck in, harrass and harry Celtic.. Don't give them any time on the ball.. Make a pentulant foul here and there in Midfield.. Get in tae them!

The more passion, drive and ambition we show against Celtic, the more unsettled they will get and remember - They are tired after that hugely long game in midweek against Dundee Utd. This is a perfect opportunity. Yes we need to keep to the basics, yes we need to mark their forwards with the whole of our team - but we do have a chance.

Good shout Matt :rotflmao: But it was harnessed - just look at Blackie :thumb04:

I disagree tbh.

Good shout Matt :rotflmao: But it was harnessed - just look at Blackie :thumb04:

While Blackie wasnt outstanding today he showed he will still fight for the cause, mind you a lot of us have known he would for weeks , I am just happy we have a manager that will stand up and pick the team he wants.

Black was lucky to stay on the park today , some shockingly late challenges .

Give it abreak - They were to let you know I am here and this is my midfield sort of challenges - He pulled himself together when he got booked - BLACK IS BACK.

No they weren't , they were cowardly late challenges from behind .

We could so easily have gone into this game "high" on the adrenaline, but I think TB showed his second "positive" (first being his handling of the press) by managing things and getting the dose about perfect. What he has to do now is keep on managing that week on week. It shouldn't be too bad next week as the players will carry over from todays performance and result and if we can carry through to the Rangers match then it gives another chance for a booster as the split comes upon us.

Professionally slightly late - just like Scott Brown, Barry Ferguson, Patrick Viera, Stevie Gerrard, Kevin Nolan - Every club needs the "fire" in their belly - Butcher may just know how to tame it.

To be fair at the start of the season black was playing his best ever football with Brewsters team, then things went pear shaped for whatever reason

Edited by stevico1

I don't understand DalneighCAPITALS undermining of Black. Don't be fooled by this guy, Black was superb. Aggression in midfield and some superb balls forward. What side are you on.

Guest Murdock

I don't understand DalneighCAPITALS undermining of Black. Don't be fooled by this guy, Black was superb. Aggression in midfield and some superb balls forward. What side are you on.

Here here

Scotty all I've done is express my opinion that Black was fortunate not to be sent off , as have quite a few since I originally voiced my opinion , for a moderator on here to have a cheap pop with his " undermining of Black " and " what side are you on " nonsense is in my opinion bang out of order .

For what it is worth, I agree with you in part that some of his tackles were rash, but that is Blackie. When his dander is up he can be reckless yet he can also be effective .... However, I disagree that they were "cowardly late challenges from behind". Another ref may have viewed it differently and booked him earlier or even sent him off for persistent fouling but CR didnt and he had a pretty good game in the end.

He does need to screw the nut at times, but the Black of this season is a far more mature player (in terms of discipline) than the Black of last season or beyond. He certainly proved one thing to many people and that is his appetite for the relegation dogfight before he moves on.