FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Foran And Proctor ?

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

It is frustrating when ya cant get to matches or watch Alba but - I note the differing views on Zadi who I feel is a potential weak link. Little appears to have been said about Foran and Proctor. I also felt that Proctor was on borrowed time and I really thought that Foran would have been played up front - what are these two performing like ?

It is frustrating when ya cant get to matches or watch Alba but - I note the differing views on Zadi who I feel is a potential weak link. Little appears to have been said about Foran and Proctor. I also felt that Proctor was on borrowed time and I really thought that Foran would have been played up front - what are these two performing like ?

I thought Proctor was excellent yesterday.... covered every blade of grass and looked comfortable on the ball. No lack of effort or commitment from him. Put in a few decent tackles.. another player who has enjoyed a transformation under Butcher.

Foran has shown a few decent touches, but is very patchy... looks short of match practice to me.

I thought Proctor was excellent yesterday.... covered every blade of grass and looked comfortable on the ball. No lack of effort or commitment from him. Put in a few decent tackles.. another player who has enjoyed a transformation under Butcher.

Foran has shown a few decent touches, but is very patchy... looks short of match practice to me.

Just think what he would have been like if he hadnt been thrown in consistently as a central defender - that was actually the strangest decision of any that Brew and the Muppets made. The transformation is as much due to the positional change.

Its bizzare seeing a striker and defender playing wide midfield but it's only cause we have no width atm.

Cowie left, Morais's injured and Vigurs dosen't seemed to be involved for some reason.TB's doing this because didn't have enough time to get some wide players in i reckon.

We need Morais back asap though because he is the only right winger we have. Not saying Proctor ain't doing a job but he really has no attacking ambition.

Edited by ajsict92

re zadi weak link see match report in todays scotland on sunday

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport...ss-1.4981961.jp

MAN OF THE MATCH

A few contenders in the Inverness ranks and Danny Swanson made a late bid for the accolade when he came on, but Lionel Djebi-Zadi was impressive at left back for the visitors and largely responsible for his side taking something from this match.

QUICK FACT

Inverness have the worst defensive record in the top flight but since Terry Butcher's arrival have not lost a game. They have still only taken two points from a possible 30.

TALKING POINT

The sending off. Whether Danny Swanson was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity when he would still have had to beat Ryan Esson is one for the visiting fans to debate.

The full article contains 1026 words and appears in Scotland On Sunday newspaper.

Its bizzare seeing a striker and defender playing wide midfield but it's only cause we have no width atm.

Cowie left, Morais's injured and Vigurs dosen't seemed to be involved for some reason.TB's doing this because didn't have enough time to get some wide players in i reckon.

We need Morais back asap though because he is the only right winger we have. Not saying Proctor ain't doing a job but he really has no attacking ambition.

While ideally we would have better wide players, i think Butcher's been quite deliberate in playing such a narrow midfield. When the opposition have the ball, they often have to break down a very solid midfield four before they get close to our box. This is why i think some of the flak Foran is getting is unfair. He's being asked to play a very disciplined role and he's giving everything to it. Imrie could never play such a role. He wanders off to look for the ball too often and leaves spaces for teams to attack through. Morais may be similar in that respect and i wouldn't expect him to walk back into the team if he doesn't fit into the system we're playing.

Butcher is utilising the resources we have in the most effective way. It's not all that pretty and it doesn't leave much scope for creativity in midfield, but we are difficult to beat again.

I have just seen the highlights on the BBC from yesterday's match and had it not been for Zebi Jadi's quickthinking lunge that robbed the DU player of the ball at the last minute, and got it over the goal line DU may well have scored.

If Imrie had hit the ball harder, when his hard work gave a gift of a chance ,then Odhiambo had to score but this foxes paws was mirrored by Wood's total blooter over the bar later on. I am on here on record as saying that I do find it somewhat daunting why professional players do this. Nerves obviously and anxious to connect as quickly as possible with the ball no doubt .However, if he had just kept a bit cooler and at least got the ball on target at a lower level, even if he had not scored, at least he would be not wasting opportunities. But he does try hard and is mobile for a big lad. Barrowman cannot get a place in this team I don't think because he is not determined and aggressive enough (Imrie is a bustler, Barroman is not IMHO) and ICT need that type of player to really make headway now.

Foran --relatively anonymous. If he is not fit he had better put in extra training.

Duncan DID get the ball and the DU player ran at least two steps further before he fell. It was, unfortunately, spectacular of course but a very harsh decision by the ref who otherwise was fair and not unkind to ICT. Regrettably it was a decision that probably lost ICT the match ....

I was impressed by the upbeat nature of ICT's work and generally cool defending. But Dundee United belie their position in the league by much of their play being unproductive and pedestrisan. They did score but it was a poor non-skillfull goal and as the commentator said..."what was Ryan Esson doing baubling the ball....?" They are not a slick silky team but work hard enough. ICT played some controlled football in attack and made a good few chances and can be a very good team again if they can only win a couple of games in the near future. :rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

if proctor was to get dropped,

who would you like to see?? i would say vigurs or morais.

not mcbain dont think he has what it takes now to be an SPL player but dont get me wrong he has had a few good games this season

re zadi weak link see match report in todays scotland on sunday

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport...ss-1.4981961.jp

MAN OF THE MATCH

A few contenders in the Inverness ranks and Danny Swanson made a late bid for the accolade when he came on, but Lionel Djebi-Zadi was impressive at left back for the visitors and largely responsible for his side taking something from this match.

QUICK FACT

Inverness have the worst defensive record in the top flight but since Terry Butcher's arrival have not lost a game. They have still only taken two points from a possible 30.

TALKING POINT

The sending off. Whether Danny Swanson was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity when he would still have had to beat Ryan Esson is one for the visiting fans to debate.

The full article contains 1026 words and appears in Scotland On Sunday newspaper.

Gawd - yet another person who doesnt read posts - I said that I though that he was "a potential weak link" and I stick to that.

Edited by themann4thejob
abuse removed