FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Terry To Stay

Guest Caleylass

Guest Caleylass

Heard on the radio this morning that Terry Butcher sticking by us even if we do go down.

Good on you TEL. If we do go down he will do what no other team has managed before to go right back up again.

I thought this might happen although a certain caley supporter (caleyrule :cute01:) was certain that he would leave. Certainly good news for us.

Guest Caleylass

Terry would bring us straight back up.

Has that ever happend before a team went straight back up to the SPL with keeping the same manager who took them down???

(Even though it wont be TB fault)

Form what I believe no team has ever gone down to 1st division and then gone straight back up again the next season !! and the same Manager would be so cool...... but we want to stay UP and Terry and the team are going to do it !!

Controversial I know....

But if he is unable to resolve the conflict that is keeping Esson and Mihadjuks - two of our best players - out of the side, I think he should consider his position as manager.

If he leaves these two out the side on Saturday once again it certainly won't enhance our chances of remaining in the SPL.

FFS Terry.... Sort it out before it's too late.

Edited by Johnboy

Controversial I know....

But if he is unable to resolve the conflict that is keeping Esson and Mihadjuks - two of our best players - out of the side, I think he should consider his position as manager.

If he leaves these two out the side on Saturday once again it certainly won't enhance our chances of remaining in the SPL.

... You have no idea WHY he has left them out of the side though.

He has thus far been a great manager; what a ridiculous thing to say without knowing the full story.

Has that ever happend before a team went straight back up to the SPL with keeping the same manager who took them down???

Yes Alex McLeish did it with Hibs.

I think it was Jim Duffy who got sacked and AM almost kept them up but 'twasn't to be and they strolled the 1st Division the next season. (then got into Europe in the SPL the following season I think)

Dont know about it being ridiculous thing to say, he has a point, Rossco is not a natural centre back and therefore is in a weaker position, and we have had a poor last three games defensively.

Proctor is an ok player but no way as good a right back as Rossco, so we have a weak right hand defence.

Majics is a better central defender than rossco, at least he can jump, so for such an important game we need the best players we have on the pitch in their strongest positions.

Yes Alex McLeish did it with Hibs.

I think it was Jim Duffy who got sacked and AM almost kept them up but 'twasn't to be and they strolled the 1st Division the next season. (then got into Europe in the SPL the following season I think)

Did McLeish know just do it with birmingham city??? They went down and now there on there way back up. Was big ECK the manager when they went down?? I cant remember lol. (i know its not the SPL but it can happen for some teams)

Proctor is an ok player but no way as good a right back as Rossco, so we have a weak right hand defence.

Proctor better at RM or RB??? I would say RM (RM - Right Mid / RB - Right Back)

Thats one thing we'll need to look itto next season is cover for rosscoe if he's out for a game

Controversial I know....

... You have no idea WHY he has left them out of the side though.

He has thus far been a great manager; what a ridiculous thing to say without knowing the full story.

aye and the same goes for you, i actually do know what and happened and i agree with johnboy on this one.

I know that; I don't know what's happened!

That's why I'm not calling for Terry's position as manager to be questioned as I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (Maybe if I did know what was going on I would be questioning TB).

Would be great if someone would let on what has happened to the rest of us!

That's why I'm not calling for Terry's position as manager to be questioned as I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (Maybe if I did know what was going on I would be questioning TB).

Wouldn't you have thought that any manager worth his salt might have explained to the supporters/press/media why he suddenly decided to drop two of his best players at such a crucial time in the season?

Good to hear hes staying, we did out class St Johnston's nearest rivals Partick in the cup,so we should be the first team to bounce back up in years if the worst happens.

But in the meantime we are still an SPL team and I would love to find out how far he can take the team in SPL next season.

Wouldn't you have thought that any manager worth his salt might have explained to the supporters/press/media why he suddenly decided to drop two of his best players at such a crucial time in the season?

He did explain why he had dropped Esson in a BBC interview, and that was because he had "a gut feeling on the day". I assumed that was the truth... but according to people on here it wasn't.

As for Mihadjuks; I thought he was just trying to get back into the team after injury... We did have quite a good run without him!!!

who said he had a conflict with pavels??

Maybe not.... but he's been our best CB since he arrived here. Seems crazy to me to have him sitting on the bench week in week out.

Wyness13

As for Mihadjuks; I thought he was just trying to get back into the team after injury... We did have quite a good run without him!!!

We won the game with Midden without him - thanks to a great performance from Rossco...

We've lost or drawn every other game since he was dropped.

If Pavels has being our best CB since he came into the squad. Why drop him??? I never heard anything about him being hurt???

He was very good at CB and he was injured before the split and has failed to get back into the squad.

Terry must just be satisfied with the way we are playing at the moment and the number of points we have been picking up.

I personally would rather have Pavels back in at CB but its TB's call!