FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What Can We Do?

CaleyD

If they did a raffle as previously suggested I'm sure some fans would be happy to donate some random prizes or maybe the club could even throw in two free season tickets. It doesn't cost the club much money and might get some more people to come along in years to come if they enjoyed what they saw. Thoughts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about some of you guys who are mates get together and make up new songs? Something to get the players on a high?

Offer players a chance to answer our questions and offer support, i.e. a player every 2nd week (Questions are asked by us, mods pick the best ones and ask the players) Also leaving messages of support so each player can see them? Or a section on here dedicated to SUPPORT messages not slander, mods pick someone each week, we leave messages and someone prints it off and sends it to club!?

We pick our player of the month? Money made from say the raffle idea could get a frame and certificate?

CaleyD is the annoncer and that means he is inside the club. Any chance he could give our ideas to the club?

Also

I think we should do things such as Kids under 7 go to the games for free. And if you buy an Adult Season ticket you get a childs Half price and if you buy two adult tickets you get the Childs for Free. Or you could have a Family Ticket of 4 or 5 people for ?40?

This would bring in a new generation of supporters and it would hoefully get more people coming to the games as it would be a fairly Cheap, family day out.

What about some of you guys who are mates get together and make up new songs? Something to get the players on a high?

Offer players a chance to answer our questions and offer support, i.e. a player every 2nd week (Questions are asked by us, mods pick the best ones and ask the players) Also leaving messages of support so each player can see them? Or a section on here dedicated to SUPPORT messages not slander, mods pick someone each week, we leave messages and someone prints it off and sends it to club!?

We pick our player of the month? Money made from say the raffle idea could get a frame and certificate?

That is a sh*t hot idea i think the mods should take that on board and do something along the lines of that

As tourism is such a big industry in Inverness, would it not be possible to get some kind of tie-in with an airline/tour operator/hotel chain, where people can get buy one get one free tickets (or money off or whatever)? The club can them give the partner company free tickets and hospitality, let's face it, there'll be space. I live in London, and I know so many people who fly up to Sneck for hols, who would also be up for going to a game, but they aren't nudged in the right direction when they're there.

I realise this is driven by the club, but would be another way of getting people in the stadium. The next trick is to get them spending cash in there!

As tourism is such a big industry in Inverness, would it not be possible to get some kind of tie-in with an airline/tour operator/hotel chain, where people can get buy one get one free tickets (or money off or whatever)? The club can them give the partner company free tickets and hospitality, let's face it, there'll be space. I live in London, and I know so many people who fly up to Sneck for hols, who would also be up for going to a game, but they aren't nudged in the right direction when they're there.

I realise this is driven by the club, but would be another way of getting people in the stadium. The next trick is to get them spending cash in there!

Yeah. The club should go to the like of thomson cook, Flybe (i wonder since the sponser us will the do anything like that?), Thomson etc....

It wouldnt Really matter if the Tickets were Free Tbh cause they will make that up in the food bought by the people who got the free tickets.

Do the club get the money for food thought it was the people who do it :wacko:

Couple of people have mentioned it already, but we need to get younger people into the ground, rather than them getting into the Old Firm (or Aberdeen, for feck sake). I live a long way away now, but whenever I'm back home, I'm never aware of any initiatives for getting people in. Not pointing fingers at all, but who does this at the club? Fans can only do so much (and have a limited amount of kids to raise as fans!)...

Some good ideas coming through, but I'm always conscious of the fact that there's people out there with good ideas but when it comes to the crunch you never see them in there getting their hands dirty.....so, thinking about the ideas we've already had, and any more people might come up with, can we also see some suggestions on what we as fans can do to help make them happen. After all, it's all fair and well asking the club to make things cheaper, but it takes a certain amount of money to run the club, so if they are to be able to give cheaper tickets and the like then they need to be subsidising the loss in one area with income in another.

Not sure I like the "being on the inside" label :D - I'm just a fan doing what I can to help my club and I also detest the idea that there's an inside and an outside....as far as I'm concerned we should all be in this together and I'm on a constant conquest to break down the barriers between the club and fans. Many of these barriers were, IMO, brought about when we got promoted to the SPL, and I think they might even play a part in things going wrong this season. Hopefully people learn from that and keep it in mind for when we get back to the SPL. It was the willingness and ability of everyone to work together that got us there the first time, and we need to maintain that next time we're promoted.

The club do read the forums, but you can be sure I will continue to champion the ideas and the suggestions of the fans as and when the opportunity presents itself....via my Stadium Announcer Role and as a Member of the Supporters Trust....all I ask is that when crunch time comes around you all do your bit by supporting the ideas and initiatives the best you can and not disappearing into the woodwork when the work needs done or a bit of cash needs spending.

Before I finish I have one idea to throw out there....Not sure what the club have in mind (if anything), but there's always a bit of maintenance needs doing at the club, be it giving the place a lick of paint or doing odd-jobs about the place. How about we, as fans, get together and offer to do something to spruce the place up for the new season.

FFs we're not Livi . This is so depressing .

No we're not Livi..........and the whole point of this is to make sure we never become Livi. reality is always depressing.

Don I think that is an excellent suggestion and I'd be up for it if it meant a wee p!ss-up afterwards.

I would say that the best way to help the club is to use the Hospitality more often. It requires no outlay by the club or extra efort. For example, if people had a way of pulling together money etc rather than just individuals it would be a lot cheaper. For example:

• Each month people submit their spouse/child's birthday month to a confidential e-mail (manned by a volunteer) and then are contacted to offer them to pay a percentage of the hospitality room, depending on how many people responded for that month. If they decline then fair enough, no harm done.
  • Anybody who is in a company try to get their workplace to have a funday at the stadium, in the name of teambuilding/bonding
  • Do a competition, where everyone puts in 5 or 10 quid for the chance to win a hospitality suite for the day (would need lots of work)
  • Charitable organisations or individuals hold an event there

I think that hospitality money will be vital now more than ever.

Don,

Firstly good thread and some great ideas.

As you know the Events team at the club are looking at a number of things at the moment and ideas is what we are looking for.

However the one thing we really need at the moment is people. One of our ventures is 'The Big One' the Car boot sale which is now on every Sunday and is due to run weekly till the end of August, however as we will probably play most our matches on a Saturday in the SFL, we would probably, like to run these weekly till the end of October.

The sales raise money for the club's youth set up and are growing quite large now, making a financial contribution to the club on a weekly basis.

We need volunteers who can maybe help out on the odd Sunday and become part of a team to help run the sales.

Why not see if we can arrange a meeting with Kenny and myself and look at the ideas that are being put forward and see if the events team can move them forward with the fans.

OK off to bed as up at 6 for tomorrows sale!!!

Les

Don,

Firstly good thread and some great ideas.

As you know the Events team at the club are looking at a number of things at the moment and ideas is what we are looking for.

However the one thing we really need at the moment is people. One of our ventures is 'The Big One' the Car boot sale which is now on every Sunday and is due to run weekly till the end of August, however as we will probably play most our matches on a Saturday in the SFL, we would probably, like to run these weekly till the end of October.

The sales raise money for the club's youth set up and are growing quite large now, making a financial contribution to the club on a weekly basis.

We need volunteers who can maybe help out on the odd Sunday and become part of a team to help run the sales.

Why not see if we can arrange a meeting with Kenny and myself and look at the ideas that are being put forward and see if the events team can move them forward with the fans.

OK off to bed as up at 6 for tomorrows sale!!!

Les

A whole thread about wanting to help and not 1 volunteer to help the events team with the car boot sales. They are a small team and have been manning the boot sales themselves, but with them going weekly they need to have a team in place. You wouldn't all have to do every week but I'm sure some of you could help out. They do make a lot of money for the football club.

Any volunteers?

And before you mention I work Saturday night shift so the times are not good for me, but I think I do my bit in many other ways.

get the community development team (TEAM ICT) to go into the schools and maybe take a player with them to encourage local children to come along to games.

more raffles throughout the year for fans. the money made from it would offset the cost of signed tops, tickets etc.

competitions or auctions for like train with the team days/weeks.

i still think a Fans XI Home team V Fans XI Away team where spaces on the teams are auctioned off would raise some money for the club. i mean say each team has starting 11 plus 4 subs where starting spaces go for say ?250 and subs about ?150(basing on Queen of the south ones) would be about 7k income minus a little less for cost of kits etc but if interest was higher then it could be a lot more.

either that or someone win the lottery/euro millions and take over the club

I'm still seeing a lot of "What the club can do for us" and not so much "What we can do for the club".

Surely there's more stuff out there that the fans can be doing themselves.

Evoking memories of JFK there.

"Ask not what your [club] can do you for you, but what you can do for your [club]."

I would love to get involved with stuff like this, but living in Glasgow makes it a bit harder. If there is anything that can be done remotely, via email etc... then I am more then happy.

I did mention in the topic regarding the programme about compiling a fortnightly recap of internet ongoings but never got any response to my query.

Edit:

Just as I was sitting here I thought that a great idea would be to get some fans leafletting in the city centre for a few hours early saturday / sunday. Help to shift tickets maybe. The guys who do it would maybe get a small token (a programme and a pie or something) in return.

Edited by EWS