FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Help

Oz647

Can anyone tell me why I can log in to the site on my laptop and get the normal site thats been here for ages but if I try to log into the site on my desk top I get some weird page with the heading IP.Board From invision power? It still has the forum but wont let me log in. Both computers have the same web address in the box at the top but different pages on screen?????

Please help

My first thought is cache settings ..... your desktop may be loading an old ancient page from when we were testing things as the IP.Board header is the default "out of the box" header.

I would methodically go through things and see what is different about your settings on each machine...... Here is a non-exhaustive list of what I would check first

Assuming you are using Internet Explorer, the first thing would be your browser cache. You browser cache reloads pages from a local stash on your pc and if you never refresh it you can get some very odd results indeed. Go to Tools > Internet Options in your browser and choose "General". The next bit can vary depending on the version of IE but choose to delete temporary internet files. This will delete the "stash" I was talking about and reload the current page from the web instead of the cache next time you visit. You can achieve the same thing quickly without deleting the cache by holding down the CTRL button and pressing F5.

However, I normally change another setting too and that avoids all the hassle above ... In the temporary internet files section described above there is an option to say when IE will update the cache. I ALWAYS set mine to read "every visit to the webpage" and then drop the diskspace down to a very low number..... this forces the browser to load a new page every visit effectively disabling local caching.

I would also check for security settings and make sure that you are allowing both javascript and cookies for this site. A lot of what you see on the screen is a result of javascript code and your preferences (and logins) are stored in cookies. Both must be enabled/allowed.

To add CTO to allowed sites in Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE):

1.Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options.

2.Click the Privacy tab.

3.Click the Sites... button and type caleythistleonline.com in the 'Address of Web site' section.

4.Click Allow.

5.Click OK.

Enabling Javascript

1.Click the Tools menu.

2.Select Internet Options.

3.Click the Security tab.

4.Click the Custom Level button.

5.Scroll down until you see the 'Scripting' section. Select the 'Enable' radio button for 'Active Scripting.'

6.Click the OK button.

7.Click the Yes button in the confirmation window.

If these dont work, then take your laptop to your desktop area and use tools > Internet Options on both machines to look for settings that may be different as its definitely something on your side causing the issue.

Cheers Scotty

I've done all the above and no joy. I can get the main site , it's just when I try to go into the forum page and log in. Oh well, looks like I'll just have to go on the laptop for this site. I'm sure it'll come right eventually.

Cheers for your help