FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Radio Broadcasts at SFL Games

BornCaley

not sure about the SFL, but in the SPL, home clubs are required to provide facilities for the away team's media people if requested. I think this is a crucial question to be asked near the very start ... perhaps just after the club say yea or nay to the idea in principle.

perhaps a solution to issues with away teams would be to do a broadcast similar to what Sky Sports did with the "fanzones", so you have a commentator/fan representing each team

only a thought

its definitely a good idea and I think it is safe to say - from my own selfish point of view - one that we will pursue with the club.

If the club were to be on board with this, the biggest caveat we might encounter would be that it would have to be completely self-financing which is totally understandable. However, given the number of low cost solutions available and the willingness of people to help with various aspects of it, from techniology to subscribing etc, it might just fly.

Leave this one with us and we will try to get it to the right people

Excellent idea !

Can you keep us updated on the progression of this project.

There may be a couple of teething problems but no one expects those involved to become experts overnight.

Any contacts from other clubs who could give advice.

perhaps a solution to issues with away teams would be to do a broadcast similar to what Sky Sports did with the "fanzones", so you have a commentator/fan representing each team.only a thought

Its a nice idea but doing it that way would expand the scope by a factor of 9 .... You would be talking about an SFL wide commentary team and discussions with all 10 teams as well as the SFL. I (personally) would favour a localised approach where we concentrate on us .... if others want to follow then so be it.

Can you keep us updated on the progression of this project. There may be a couple of teething problems but no one expects those involved to become experts overnight. Any contacts from other clubs who could give advice.

I have emailed a couple of people and hopefully there will be some response from the club in the near future. As for contacts from other clubs, I mentioned above that the benchmark as far as I am concerned is Hibs and I have the contact details of the guy who set that up somewhere.

• 2 months later...

Moray Firth Radio Sport - on 1107am (medium wave frequency), on Digital DAB radio and online at www.mfr.co.uk (choose to listen to moray firth radio as opposed to MFR) - will have a live reporter at ALL Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Ross county matches on a Saturday afternoon - all season - home and away - guaranteed. This show is a speech based programme... so no music.

The live reporters provide pre-match previews and team sheet information in the first hour, also typically hearing from the managers and selected players (this week Terry Butcher and Lee Cox).

There's regular updates from the games and you'll hear about all the goals and major incindents when they happen, half time and full time reports and post match interviews (where available). We also bring you live reports from selected Highland League games and give all the scores from all the other games across Scotland and the English Premier League as they happen.

Its been a few months since my post on SFL radio broacasts and there was a lot of positive reaction to this.

I just wondered if the Mods have got any further forward with this becoming a reality.

I think CaleyD is your best bet for updates on this but it has not fallen off the radar

Moray Firth Radio Sport - on 1107am (medium wave frequency), on Digital DAB radio and online at www.mfr.co.uk (choose to listen to moray firth radio as opposed to MFR) - will have a live reporter at ALL Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Ross county matches on a Saturday afternoon - all season - home and away - guaranteed. This show is a speech based programme... so no music.

The live reporters provide pre-match previews and team sheet information in the first hour, also typically hearing from the managers and selected players (this week Terry Butcher and Lee Cox).

There's regular updates from the games and you'll hear about all the goals and major incindents when they happen, half time and full time reports and post match interviews (where available). We also bring you live reports from selected Highland League games and give all the scores from all the other games across Scotland and the English Premier League as they happen.

Thanks Stepho, but this is not what i was intending. Im on about live commentary for our games. Glad to see its not off the radar

Can I just flag up Tuesday's Cup tie at Motherwell? All five ties that night will comprise an Open All Mics programme on Radio Scotland 810MW with Billy Dodds at Fir Park for the ICT game so you will get a blow by blow account. I hope this also includes the desperate diasporate but I'm not sure.

As far as live commentaries on ICT games are concerned, as far as I know the BBC has broadcasting rights if necessary for Division 1 games but, as a national broadcaster, the SPL takes precedence. However don't rule out the possibility, especially midweek or Sundays. The BBC has already done full live commentary this season on the Partick Thistle cup tie (plus extra time plus penalties!) and I would imagine that the Challenge Cup Final would also be a strong candidate for same which should again please Inverness or County fans (but not both!)

Edited by Charles Bannerman