FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pub for Dunfermline

L_G

Below is an e-mail I received from the East End Inn. Sounds good for parking (cars and buses)and the free food never goes wrong. I reckon it's got to be worth a shot for our first game in the SFL. Can you post on this thread nearer the time if you plan to use this facility. The pink fluffy one didn't have much good to say about the Elizabethan when she was up as it seems to have gone down hill quite a bit.

Hi Laura

Many thanks for taking time out to chat with me earlier.

As I mentioned we already have an excellent reputation with Away Supporters and have hosted many teams last year such as Q of South, Livingston, St Johnstone, and Clyde to name but a few. All feedback that they had a great time and enjoyed the hospitality food and would all be back!

As an overview, we are a family owned pub and pride ourselves in the standard we offer all our customers.

For our away supporters we have 2 bars.

The Lounge - has a 42 inch Plasma Flat Sreen TV with Sky Sports, a Pool Table and Quiz Machine. Families are welcome in the Lounge so its ideal for Dads and Lads or the Fanatical Family.

The Bar - has all the same facilities however it also has bandit machines, hence children are not allowed in this area, its strictly adults only.

Our pub manager Lorna will put on hospitality food, normally sandwiches, stovies, soup and rolls, for your supporters to enjoy before the short 10 min walk to the ground.

We can accommodate around 150 people in the 2 bars comfortably so if you do feel more than that are likely to turn up, please let Lorna know as she can also open up the Function room as an overflow area. Having an idea of how busy we might be will also ensure Lorna has enough staff behind the bar to serve customers. There is nothing worse than having to wait for a long time for a pint!

Lorna will proabably ring you a few days before to establish how many people you think may turn up on the day so she can ensure she prepares enough food and to find out what time you think people are likely to arrive.

East End Inn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below is an e-mail I received from the East End Inn. Sounds good for parking (cars and buses)and the free food never goes wrong. I reckon it's got to be worth a shot for our first game in the SFL. Can you post on this thread nearer the time if you plan to use this facility. The pink fluffy one didn't have much good to say about the Elizabethan when she was up as it seems to have gone down hill quite a bit.

Do they do Real Ale for our Old Ferts Gringo & PB? :lol: If not there might a riot breaking out aboard HMS Sneck! ;)

Really looking forward to it!

Mrs PB

Is this members of the Supporters Trust attending an away game? Whatever next!

Bit of a sweeping statement that. Do you ask all the away fans who are members of the Supporters Trust? I doubt it.

For your information I'll be there too.

So regardles of which (if any) organisations you are a member of, can you carry on posting here if you wish to join us at the East End Inn as I need to advise them of potential numbers for catering.

Like I said, Jolly Drover. :P

post-2081-1247787577.jpg

I was in the Elizabethan a month or so ago, and it's absolutely fine - good food and good selection of real ales...

It's always been the pub in Dunfermline for visiting supporters.

Haven't been in the East End Inn for a few years - it was known as Noddy's Neuk last time I was there... It was pretty basic then....

But I must say - architecturally, it's probably one of the finest buildings in Fife.

Is this members of the Supporters Trust attending an away game? Whatever next!

Bit of a sweeping statement that.

Pretty accurate though.

Dont think so. I go to as many away games as I do home ones. I meet many people at those games who are Trust members just like me. I think your statement is a bit uncalled for unless you have a list of every member of the Trust and you know all the faces.

LG, I'll be there. Not sure about Aileen though.

Do they do Real Ale for our Old Ferts Gringo & PB? :P If not there might a riot breaking out aboard HMS Sneck! :lol:

Mrs PB

Someone will walk the plank I can tell you. Buffys pub does real ale....she told me :rolleyes:

The Elizabethen was ok for the craic (didn't sell beer though) and why moan about a hat ban..you shouldn't wear hats indoors anyway, its bad manners :P