FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Andy Barrowman Thread

ictchris

Can Andy Barrowman contribute to the team this season more than last?

My two cents:

I think Barrowman could contribute goals this season. He was clearly out of his depth at times last season but equally he scored over 25 goals for County in the Second Division. I don't think you could score that number of goals and be incapable of making an impact one level up. Last time out Barrowman was part of a strike force of Adam Rooney, Garry Wood and Rory McAllister, with no experienced player to play alongside. Now he has an experienced targetman in Richie Foran and some players with real pace in Odhiambo and guile Sanchez, if he lives up to early promise, I think he has the potential to concentrate on bagging goals.

One aspect of his play is his confidence - he had the look of a player out of sorts and timid towards the end of last season. Hopefully he will be gee'd up and ready to prove his worth.

Thoughts?

If other folks stay fit then i don't see Andy getting in the team, let alone goals. If he were to play then i would hope he would chip in with a few. I think 1st division football could be a chance for him to prove himself.

In pre season he scored but they were gifted to his feet by foran and the likes, this however is the type of player strker he is. hes a goal mouth poacher... look at Ali M with rangers he just nipped in and poached, if that kinda thing with foran keeps going i see no reason why he cant turn his rep around and become the hero we pay him to be..... im done now, As you can see im in a positive mood for tmrw!!

Hes a bit of an enigma really, to score so many goals for county and so little for us, When I have seen him play at his best its usually as a target man to pass the ball on for another striker to take on the goalie.

Maybe a SPL club might be interested in buying him when it gets closer to the transfer window closing. I know that he impressed some people in the Aberdeen camp at the start of the last season.

He definetly needs confidence. I mean look at him when he played against clach. He was full of confidence and he got a hatrick. The fans need to just get behind him and he will be one of our best strikers. He is better than that player we call rooney. And he is one of the soundest guys you can talk to as i found out at the open evening.

My two cents:

I think Barrowman could contribute goals this season. He was clearly out of his depth at times last season but equally he scored over 25 goals for County in the Second Division. I don't think you could score that number of goals and be incapable of making an impact one level up. Last time out Barrowman was part of a strike force of Adam Rooney, Garry Wood and Rory McAllister, with no experienced player to play alongside. Now he has an experienced targetman in Richie Foran and some players with real pace in Odhiambo and guile Sanchez, if he lives up to early promise, I think he has the potential to concentrate on bagging goals.

One aspect of his play is his confidence - he had the look of a player out of sorts and timid towards the end of last season. Hopefully he will be gee'd up and ready to prove his worth.

Thoughts?

barroman is *****

Encouraging to hear a teenager trying to be fair to a generally maligned player whom I have also seen in action myself at Tulloch Stadium.

But I still think that Andy Barrowman must work very hard and in a very determined manner this season to make his mark.....or else. ICT at this critical stage in their development cannot afford to mess around with a player who cannot find a way to get over any issues of confidence or an inability to decide to run looking for the ball ;

He is a highly-paid professional player and therefore he must contribute. Or he must be transferred ,or re-assigned by way of loan to a more generous club perhaps.

I think he can, and i think he will.

He will surely be picked ahead of Rooney so dont see why he wont get a good few chances. Im sure him and Foran giving a partnership could turn out nice for us!

He will have to get himself off the injured list before he can do anything. I would say he deserves his chance at this level the same as the rest of them, even Brewster deserved his chance, but it does not always work out. If he fails again this season then it's over for him, if he succeeds then great.

Definitely a confidence issue with Andy. Having seen him playing a few times last season he looked as if he had no confidence at all. It's a pity his goal against the Dons didn't have a more positive effect on him. I am sure he will come good for us and with a good run in the team and a few goals he'll do fine for ICT.

At present he's right up there in our league table of biggest ever wastes of money, he owes us a few goals and he really ought to get quite a few this season. But with so many striking options, it still remains to be seen how often he'll get a start.

Guest WynessLegend

If Andy can sort out his attitude and work a hell of a lot harder there's no reason why he shouldn't turn out to be half decent.

Brewster played Barrowman completely wrong. It's bad enough having to adjust to a leap of 2 divisions but then to have no supply no wonder he lost his confidence. I know it can be annoying watching him but some of the abuse he suffered at some games was uncalled for. Had a group behind me at one game that were shouting at him constantly for not running for balls at the other end of the pitch!

So I hope when he's fit again we get behind him and he can start banging them in and show us why we bought him. I don't understand why so many people think Rooneys better, I've seen absolutely nothing from him in pre-season and the cup games to suggest he has any understanding of the game. Still I keep reminding myself of the last ginger striker we had that looked poor, suddenly he scored and never looked back, went on to be our best striker.

My two cents:

Thoughts?

Good post - he quite simply has not had a run in the team BUT I really dont think that he can play with Foran and I think that Foran is wasted on the left BUT maybe that is worth a try and play Barrowman up front.

Personally I think that is confidence is "shot" and the fans get on his back - fraid we will never see the potential at ICT.

Brewster played Barrowman completely wrong. It's bad enough having to adjust to a leap of 2 divisions but then to have no supply no wonder he lost his confidence. I know it can be annoying watching him but some of the abuse he suffered at some games was uncalled for. Had a group behind me at one game that were shouting at him constantly for not running for balls at the other end of the pitch!

So I hope when he's fit again we get behind him and he can start banging them in and show us why we bought him. I don't understand why so many people think Rooneys better, I've seen absolutely nothing from him in pre-season and the cup games to suggest he has any understanding of the game. Still I keep reminding myself of the last ginger striker we had that looked poor, suddenly he scored and never looked back, went on to be our best striker.

totally agree with your comments sneckfan i for one will be getting behind barrowman when he is fit to play again

On the flip side however......

I was watching him closely in one match . At this point on the right side of the park he was in a ruck of players with little room to move. The ball came to him and instead of muffing it he quickly got it under control. But what impressed me about Andy here was the look of determination on his face and the quick way in which he moved the ball forward.

So--he may have what it takes if he can regain his confidence. Realising that poncing around will get him nowhere fast maybe if he can finally note that he must create moves and follow up with determination--tackles etc. I mean he is not the smallest guy on the park is he, so why not?

To put it bluntly my question is simply this ..."does he have the grit and passion to ger intae it mun ?"

Who's that? Duncan Shearer? B)

• 1 month later...

What did folk think of Barrowman on Saturday? It seems that Butcher sees him as the player to drop off in search of the ball and given that this was his task i don't think he did badly. He`must be raging about being hooked.

Butcher says in today's Courier:

Andy Barrowman didn't do anything wrong really. It's just Danni Sanchez gives us that little bit more threat in terms of his movement and his pace

I agree with every word. So why the feck didn't Sanchez start?