FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Motherwell

Renegade

Even though some folk have put their teams for tonight up on the Partick thread, I'll start one for tonights game. If the Mods want to move some of the posts over from the other thread, then please do so.

I'd go with:

----------------------------------------Esson---------------------------------------------------

---Tokely------------Bulvitis--------------------------Munro-------------Golabek-----------

-------------Cox----------------------McBain--------------------Hayes-----------------------

------------Foran-------------------Barrowman-----------------Rooney----------------------

Subs - Proctor, Djebi-Zadi, Sanchez, Duncan, Eagle

I'd go with an attacking 4-3-3 for tonight. Bulvitis moves back in as I'd want to play 4 across the back to counter-act the attacking style of Motherwell. Eagle and Stratford are dropped, with McBain coming back in to the middle. I did consider Duncan but I reckon McBain is the slightly better of the two. Tokely should make his usual runs forward with Cox pinging the ball wide to him, and Hayes should make long runs down the left as he usually does. Golabek should also try to get forward at times as well. I'd go with three strikers in Foran, Barrowman and Rooney. From what I've seen Foran has the right idea but needs some one to feed off. He'd get this from Barrowman and Rooney, with this also be an opportunity for these two to prove themselves.

Edited by Renegade

Couldn't complain with that.. and no Lionel in the starting XI for once :tonguecheek: Starting to smell the coffee are we?

I would probably rather see Duncan put into the midfield to steady us up a bit, for either Barrowman or Rooney.

Whichever one on the bench though would come on within 15 mins of the 2nd half to give them a decent run out.

In a game where we will be under an awful lot of pressure, Duncan is needed in the middle of the park.

Absolutely.

i'd be inclined to give McBain a try as well.

i wouldnt mind seeing Renegades line-up but in a 4-4-2 with Foran left and Hayes right with Rooney and Barrowman up front

I will just say, I wouldnt be fielding any real key players with the leauge IMO being the most important thing, whats the chances of us winning this cup V's Winning the leauge.

The league is a priority for us however decent runs in the cups are very important for us as an added source of income. I think field our strongest team, i believe we have a strong first team capable of competing on more than on front

and play 270 mins of football in 8 days, and risk a knock... I dont think so IMO big yin, we should field a half strong field, Golly, Munro, Rossco, Mcbain, Duncan.. yes i said it duncan, and barrowloads yes yes yes, our back line can take a bang or two, and the older mids with barrowloads and the likes can be replaced if needed next weekend.

and play 270 mins of football in 8 days, and risk a knock... I dont think so IMO big yin, we should field a half strong field, Golly, Munro, Rossco, Mcbain, Duncan.. yes i said it duncan, and barrowloads yes yes yes, our back line can take a bang or two, and the older mids with barrowloads and the likes can be replaced if needed next weekend.

270 minutes of football in 8 days shouldnt be a problem for fit professional footballers, every game a footballer plays carries a risk of a knock so cant see that being an issue

i can see there being changes however i cant see Butcher dropping our best players

As you say i can see Barrowman and Duncan possibly coming in but other than that cant see many other changes

Some chances should be made to the team that started on saturday.

-------------------------------ESSON--------------------------------

TOKELY------------BULVITIS--------------MUNRO-------------GOLABEK

HAYES-------------DUNCAN---------------COX-----------------McBAIN

----------------FORAN--------------------ROONEY---------------------

BENCH: ALLISON, PROCTOR, ROSS, BARROWMAN, EAGLE

Esson

Tokely, Bulvitis, Munro, Golabek

Cox, Duncan, McBain, Hayes

Foran, Sanchez

Bench Allison, LDZ, Stratford, Shinnie, Barrowman

I'd go with that. No place for Proctor though thought he did ok on Saturday ?

Proctor will be in for Tokely

Is Rosscoe suspended for this tie?

No he is suspended for the County cup game. I believe he is carrying a bit of a knock, so not playing tonight. I hope it's just a precaution as I think we'll need him for Saturday

As long as Barrowman, Rooney, Duncan & McBain all get a full 90 I'd be happy

We're going to get beat, the way Motherwell are playing at the moment they are more than a match for any team in Scotland but it will be a good marker to see how far we have fallen.

Feck me Hairy - good job ya were'nt at Airdrie - I might have been called to do a Clinical Risk Assessment by now !!!

Foran will be dropped cos he looked totally fecked at the end on Saturday - nae 20 minutes from the end - and with Rosscoe rested it will probably be Proc at full back which may allow for Duncan and McBain to come in. Rooney should start as well.