Team for Queens

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I would go 4-3-3 with this team:

Esson

Tokely, Bulvitis, Munro, Golabek

Hayes, Cox, Ross,

Sanchez, Foran, Barrowman

Subs: Allison (GK), Proctor, Eagle, Sutherland and Rooney.

Lets hope Butch manages to change his formation at home for once but if it was a 4-4-2 and we won i wouldn't mind as i suppose the players are used to it.

I go with one that could string more than three passes together, one that can hold the ball in mid field and not go with the big punt, one that has pace down the wings and can whip balls into the box, one that can score goals, one that can defend and, above all, one that can win in the league at home.. :lol:

For me:

-------------------------------------Esson---------------------------------------------------

---------------------Tokely-------------------------Munro----------------------------------

---Cox------------------------------McBain-----------------------------Shinnie-----------

---Ross-----------------------------Sanchez----------------------------Hayes------------

-------------------Barrowman------------------------Foran--------------------------------

Subs - Allison, Rooney, Djebi-Zadi, Eagle, Golabek/Proctor

Whilst I quite like the oringal posters line-up (besides taking out Bulvitis and swapping round Ross and Hayes, due to neither of them being on their stronger side) I'd go with with this. Esson as always keeps his place, Tokely comes back in at centre half to replace the clumsy and accident prone Bulvitis. I'm no fan of Tokely in at centre-half at all, but he's the only one who could come in to replace Bulvitis and I feel, that even though it aint his strongest position, he would do better than what's there already. Munro as always stays where he is. Proctor is taken out and replaced by Cox at right wing back. Even though Cox has only really played at central midfield for ICT since his signing, but can also play right back (or right wing back in this case). Shinnie (who I have yet to see have a poor game) comes in for the mediocre Golly. McBain comes back in at centre midfield. Ross and Hayes forward to the wings with Barrowman and Foran up front with Sanchez sitting just behind them. This formation is essentially a 4-1-3-2, but with the full backs a little more attacking, though are able to move back should they need to. The thing with this sort of formation is it can change to fir the circumstances. It can be the original 4-1-3-2, a diamod shaped midfielded 4-4-2, it can move more defensively to 5-3-2, it can pack the midfield with 6 across the middle, and it can be used to attack, with a 4-1-5, or 2-3-5.

Edited by Renegade

For me:

-------------------------------------Esson---------------------------------------------------

---------------------Tokely-------------------------Munro----------------------------------

---Cox------------------------------McBain-----------------------------Shinnie-----------

---Ross-----------------------------Sanchez----------------------------Hayes------------

-------------------Barrowman------------------------Foran--------------------------------

Subs - Allison, Rooney, Djebi-Zadi, Eagle, Golabek/Proctor

Whilst I quite like the oringal posters line-up (besides taking out Bulvitis and swapping round Ross and Hayes, due to neither of them being on their stronger side) I'd go with with this. Esson as always keeps his place, Tokely comes back in at centre half to replace the clumsy and accident prone Bulvitis. I'm no fan of Tokely in at centre-half at all, but he's the only one who could come in to replace Bulvitis and I feel, that even though it aint his strongest position, he would do better than what's there already. Munro as always stays where he is. Proctor is taken out and replaced by Cox at right wing back. Even though Cox has only really played at central midfield for ICT since his signing, but can also play right back (or right wing back in this case). Shinnie (who I have yet to see have a poor game) comes in for the mediocre Golly. McBain comes back in at centre midfield. Ross and Hayes forward to the wings with Barrowman and Foran up front with Sanchez sitting just behind them. This formation is essentially a 4-1-3-2, but with the full backs a little more attacking, though are able to move back should they need to. The thing with this sort of formation is it can change to fir the circumstances. It can be the original 4-1-3-2, a diamod shaped midfielded 4-4-2, it can move more defensively to 5-3-2, it can pack the midfield with 6 across the middle, and it can be used to attack, with a 4-1-5, or 2-3-5.

Just to confirm, you've put cox at right wing back?

Aye, he was billed as a right back when he came in. In fact, the only time he actually played for Leicester City, was in a regional tournament (their version of the North of Scotland Cup I think) against Hichcliffe where he played right back. Also seem to recollect some of the posters on the Leicester forum saying he looked pretty solid when he played there.

Aye, he was billed as a right back when he came in. In fact, the only time he actually played for Leicester City, was in a regional tournament (their version of the North of Scotland Cup I think) against Hichcliffe where he played right back. Also seem to recollect some of the posters on the Leicester forum saying he looked pretty solid when he played there.

Is this why he's playing so poorly in midfield? Rosco at CB is always risky.......

Risky yes. I'm no fan of him there at all, but feel a centre-back Tokely, is still better than a centre-back Bulvitis.

----------Esson

------Bulvitis, Munro

Tokely,-------------,Golly

--------Hayes-Cox

Foran,--------------, Eagles

----Sanchez, Barrowloads

Subs: Allison (GK), Proctor, Ross, Sutherland, Rooney

--------------------Esson------------------------

--Tokely----Bulvitis----Munro----Golabek----

---Hayes----Cox------Duncan-----Eagle-----

------------Sanchez-----Foran---------------

to be honest, I'd rather McBain or Shinnie at left mid than Eagle but I don't think he'll get dropped.

When are Imrie and Odhiambo back? I saw that they are back in full training so could they be on the bench at the weekend? The idea of Imrie on the left and hayes on the right is exciting.

--------------------Esson------------------------

--Tokely----Bulvitis----Munro----Golabek----

---Hayes----Cox------Duncan-----Eagle-----

------------Sanchez-----Foran---------------

to be honest, I'd rather McBain or Shinnie at left mid than Eagle but I don't think he'll get dropped.

When are Imrie and Odhiambo back? I saw that they are back in full training so could they be on the bench at the weekend? The idea of Imrie on the left and hayes on the right is exciting.

Completely agree with ictchris, would also like to see McBain in there instead of Eagle but i too can't see it happening.

ESSON

PROCTOR TOKELY MUNRO GOLABEK

DUNCAN

HAYES COX MCBAIN

ROONEY FORAN

Duncan protects back four well.

Mcbain for his good ball retention and quality crosses.

Rooney is a good all round striker. Works hard and can finish if given a run/confidence. Against dunfermline he continously controlled the ball from kick-outs turned and ran at the defence all the time with a centre half tight to him. The best players in the world struggle to do this. Barrowman can play up top and foran in for hayes who may need a rest as he is often too quiet. Terry's new signings need to fight for their places rather than made first team regulars. The above team and many on the bench and stand have earned their places and won big SPL and SFL games in the past, and of course the first division.

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golabek

Proctor/Ross Cox Mcbain Hayes

Foran Barrowman/Rooney

Subs: Allison, Proctor/Ross, Duncan, Sanchez, Barrowman/Rooney

Esson

Tokely Munro Golabeck McBain

Ross Cox Duncan Hayes

Foran Sanchez

Subs... Allison, Rooney, Djebi-Zadi, Eagle, Proctor

Thats no bad... Need Munro to be in top form to keep Holmes in check plus we need someone speedy to match Weatherston, then there's always Wyness who will be clapped on to the park then booed( we really dont need him to score ) but is he another with a 'score' to settle?

Esson

Tokely Bulvatis Munro Golly

Duncan

Hayes Cox McBain Eagles

Foran

1 up front !!! That'll have the fans flocking back to TCS .

not like you to pick out one of my posts :lol:

Didn't see any Chelsea fans complaining when Mourinho was playing 3 in midfield, Drogba & 2 wingers... or Liverpool fans complaining when they have Torres as the only front man with Gerrard playing off him???

Infact the majority of games last season Man U played with Rooney on his own

And before you ask... yes Foran is a poor man's Drogba.... Cox is a poor man's Gerrard and Hayes is a poor man's Ronaldo!!!

Esson

Tokely Bulvatis Munro Golly

Duncan

Hayes Cox McBain Eagles

Foran

1 up front !!! That'll have the fans flocking back to TCS .

not like you to pick out one of my posts :lol:

Didn't see any Chelsea fans complaining when Mourinho was playing 3 in midfield, Drogba & 2 wingers... or Liverpool fans complaining when they have Torres as the only front man with Gerrard playing off him???

Infact the majority of games last season Man U played with Rooney on his own

And before you ask... yes Foran is a poor man's Drogba.... Cox is a poor man's Gerrard and Hayes is a poor man's Ronaldo!!!

That formation would be fine but we dont have the players to play it.