High Profile Friendlies That Never Happened

Renegade

Just wondering about this just now and I'd forgotten all about it, until recently when it came back to me. Did I just dream this, or was there rumours of ICT taking part in a couple of pre-season friendlies around about 1999/2000ish, against none other than Athletic Bilbao and Barcelona! I seem to remember reading it in one of the papers at the times, and then hearing people near me talking at game around about the same time an saying what nonsense it was. Did I just dream all this stuff or was it really rumoured at the time?

Another rumour (which I'm more sure of) was a couple of seasons ago, was that there was talk that ICT were going to go on a tour of Texas, with a friendly against Houston Dynamo in the pipeline. IIRC ICT went to Italy instead. Why was tour this scrapped?

Just wondering about this just now and I'd forgotten all about it, until recently when it came back to me. Did I just dream this, or was there rumours of ICT taking part in a couple of pre-season friendlies around about 1999/2000ish, against none other than Athletic Bilbao and Barcelona! I seem to remember reading it in one of the papers at the times, and then hearing people near me talking at game around about the same time an saying what nonsense it was. Did I just dream all this stuff or was it really rumoured at the time?

Another rumour (which I'm more sure of) was a couple of seasons ago, was that there was talk that ICT were going to go on a tour of Texas, with a friendly against Houston Dynamo in the pipeline. IIRC ICT went to Italy instead. Why was tour this scrapped?

I never heard anything about Bilbao but remember the disbelief when Barca were touted, they did actually have their pre-season over here though which is possibly where the rumours stemmed from.