FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee -V- ICT : cup final thread

Scotty

lets just be happy we are not Wigan fans !!! Spurs beat Wigan 9-1 today including 3 goals in the last 3 minutes of their game. Defoe got 5 of the Spurs goals !!!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't go today as I wasn't particularly worried whether we won this minor cup competition and I'm not exactly devastated that the Trophy is going to Dens Park rather than the Longman.

What does concern me is that we've handed Dundee a distinct psycological advantage in what's going to be a tight title race. Particularly worrying that we switched off in the minutes immediately following half time when we knew that Dundee were going to come racing out of the blocks.

That said, the first 45 minutes was as good an ICT performance as I've seen for years.

To sum it all up, that was a typical Caley Thistle performance, and some things never change. They bottled it........again! The first half, from what I could from my PC screen and listening to Radio Scotland, was that ICT started the game excellently. Hayes looked by far the best, running and running down the wing. The two goal lead was thoroughly deserved, but once again couldn't make a lead, a win.

It was obvious what Butcher told the team at half time. Defend, defend, defend. Did it work? Course not. Dundee went into attack mode, cutting out the danger man of Hayes in the process, a man reduced to anonymally in the second half. The rest of the squad were pretty average for most of the game, though Munro looked pretty solid throughout. Esson for me wasn't as good as normal and doesn't seem confident when coming for crosses, Bulvitis looked okay at times, but typically undid his goal with another, just for the other team. And once again there's Rooney. Besides his goal he does nowt. And why oh why was Imrie and Odhiambo not on when Dundee went ahead, with a strong attack line to try and equalise. The former essentially went over the top again, in the 90 seconds or so he was on. I doubt he got sent off for the tackle alone, that was probably a yellow, but his big headed back-chat was probably what did it. Bad tactics from Terry and a failure to capitalise on a healthy lead is what killed ICT today. I'm a bit disappointed, but not surprised.

Edited by Renegade

From viewing this on TV, I would say that this roller-coaster of a game actually serves as a good example of ICT and our season so far.

We were absolutey brilliant in the first half. The 4-2-3-1 formation was working well and we could and should have scored more. In the second half Dundee changed to 4-3-3 and we literally crumbled. Whereas it was Dundee who looked scared every time we went forward in the first half, in the second we looked bereft of ideas and a little more than jittery when Dundee were getting forward. I also question why we waited so long to make the substitutions although perhaps in Imrie's case we made his one a couple of minutes too early.

Disappointing but the first half at least serves as a reminder that we can compete wih anyone in this league.

Thank goodness I dont have to travel up the A9 tonight. First half was excellent. We were on top and Dundee had no answers. Second half started fine till Bully made a mistake and they scored. Heads went down and the rest is history. When are we going to start playing two halves?

Disappointing but the first half at least serves as a reminder that we can compete wih anyone in this league.....before capitualting and handing them the game on a plate

Fixed it for you Scotty! :wacko:

Imrie is an idiot and thoroughly deserved his red card . I thought it was a decent game that Dundee just about deserved to win .

Eh? we dominated the first half and took Dundee to the cleaners. I would say the second half was 60-40 in dundees favour. Right about Ba Heid Imrie tho!

We were great in the 1st half and should have been further ahead.

Once Dundee got 1 back you knew it was going to be a different game, and when they got their 2nd you knew it was all over.

You can't say we set out to defend in the 2nd half because we kept the same line up and formation and had a chance to go 3 up before they scored. We did however tire massively as the game went on and that should have been addrfesses before the 90th minute, Terry. Hayes had nothing left after a brilliant first 45.

Dissapointing that we didnt win the game in the end after a brilliant first half performance.

There is one thing i fot was funny about the game and i dont no if anyone else noticed but everyone that was playing for dundee today had a mustache like Jocky Scott.

I know they only had 20 miles to travel but Dundee are to be commended for taking three times as many fans as us.

You've got to bear in mind that it's at least 15 years since they won anything at all (B&C Cup?) and this was a big game for them.

Dissapointing that we didnt win the game in the end after a brilliant first half performance.

There is one thing i fot was funny about the game and i dont no if anyone else noticed but everyone that was playing for dundee today had a mustache like Jocky Scott.

mentioned elsewhere - its because of the "MOVEMBER" fund raising. Half the folk in our office look the same too !

The Moustache thing is for charity , i think its to do with John Hartson ( so i heard )

You can't say we set out to defend in the 2nd half because we kept the same line up and formation and had a chance to go 3 up before they scored.

Yes you can. I get the impression Butcher told them to try and contain Dundee in the second, doesn't matter if the line up wasn't changed at that point. After the first chance in the second half, it was defending after that, A - because that is probably what they were told to do, and B - cause Dundee made changes on the field and in playing style and were starting to run ICT ragged.

just back after bombing it in the car back home to Edinburgh.

What a game...fantastic spectacle for the neutral, although i was a bag of nerves..should have won it in the first 45, with 3 match point opportunites. I knew the half time break would kill it for us and it did. Tacticaly TB got it spot on in the 1st, but fair play to Dundee, they must have got a rollicking from Scott.

Noticed the Dundee fans throwing something at our players after the 2nd goal. Shame they had to resort to that

I think we witnessed a championship winning team in the 1st half...2nd half we witnessed the usual ICT

Noticed the Dundee fans throwing something at our players after the 2nd goal. Shame they had to resort to that

I think we witnessed a championship winning team in the 1st half...2nd half we witnessed the usual ICT

Don't worry, it was only pie.

Shame? Some of our disgraceful fans did worse than that at the county game!

It was a biscuit , they mentioned it on the tele