Airdrie Utd -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what it all means is that County go into second place on their own with 35 points but 9 behind Dundee, but three games in hand................league on.

Edited by themann4thejob
I can't count

Some very big games next week with Dundee and Ross County on a six pointer. Partick will be tough.

indeed, top 6 in action against each other and realistically with the right combination of results it could keep the race open .....

Saturday, 30 January 2010

1st V 2nd: Dundee v Ross County

6th V 3rd: Dunfermline v Queen of South

5th V 4th: Inverness CT v Partick Thistle

Very important 3 points today and another clean sheet is nice. Just had a look at the league fixtures and they are as follows:

30 Jan - Partick (H)

13 Feb - Raith (A)

20 Feb - QOS (H)

27 Feb - Ayr (H)

All very winnable and could set us up for a showdown at Dens on 6th March. We also have Morton (a) and County (h0 to reschedule. The league isn't over by a long shot.

Going by a couple of Airdrie posters on P&B we hit the woodwork twice and missed an open goal. The Airdrie keeper made some good saves and they missed a glorious chance near the end to equalise as we were not so good in the second half.

Good 3 points today in what was always going to be a tricky fixture and a bonus in being two points closer to Dundee as well. Sounds like we had numerous chances but just couldn't turn them into goals.

Couldn't listen to the games today but caught the Radio Scotland football summary later - got a little bit over excited about hearing Rooney had got four only to find out it was the small rotund one they were referring to in their headlines.... :D

Hit the woodwork 3 times or was it 4. Foran had a goal chalked off from a free kick just after the penalty. The foul was for foot-up which is indirect IIRC. Winning 1-0 with a spot kick flatters Airdrie. Very young team who seldom threatened. Might easily have ended 5-0 - the only worry was Airdrie might have got a deflection or an o.g. near the end. Don't think Ryan had a serious save to make.

Ross had a very quiet 500th B)

Cox got booked first half for a shocker of a challenge. Lionel was being targeted by Airdrie. They tried it down our left every time (which wasn't that often). Lionel's booking was a bit strange. Imrie went to waste time near the corner flag and won a shy. Left it for Lionel who was coming up from halfway and the ref booked him for timewasting.

Edit: forgot to mention Rooney's shocker of a miss second half when he rounded the keeper then blazed it over.

FWIW one guy on the Airdire forum says we're the best side to visit their place this season (or did he mean this year :004: ).

Edited by The Mantis

I was at the game today, we should have scored 4 in the first half before the penalty. Foran was fantastic in the air during the first half & caused Airdrie a few problems.

Rooney played ok, Sanchez was poor IMO and Tokely won't be happy with his performance on his 500th appearance.

I heard a few digs at Imrie today from some elder gentleman which i thought was out of order, ok he may be arrogant but he ran up and down the right side all day causing Airdrie problems & getting into good areas, he was my man of the match today.

Small away crowd today which is expected but Airdrie's home support was tiny, i think the attendance was around 800-850, those other 3 stands haven't been open in years which is a shame as i think it's a tidy ground.

Not a great game but happy to get the 3 points :004:

great end of day for me, started pants, had a kiddys party that i couldnt get away from or take my radio in with me, so imagen how chuffed i was to see we'd 3 points in the bag, dundee and Queens draw oh its a very important 2 points to gain!!!