FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Imrie gone

dam17

Decent player when he could be bothered. Didn't look like he could be bothered in the 1st Division and looked like he thought he was better than it. A total non shock when he played well against Motherwell as he was desperate to impress against SPL opposition. Only surprise is that it wasn't St Mirren he went to as we seen Gus Macpherson and Andy Millen heading out after that game.

I believe that dougie could well become a saint in the future, anyone who can come back from the dead as he did and score the goal of the day must be in the running. Having said that it might be a good tactic to have play dead so nobody sees you as a threat then Bobs your uncle you are in alternately you could have an opponents shirt on under youe own and your in.

His free kick at Tynecastle was fantastic, probably the best ICT goal I've seen, just a shame that by the time I'd started watching the game again Hearts had scored the winner.

Edited by BA

link to P&J article referred to above: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1589055

"Midfielder Dougie Imrie felt he had no option but to leave Caley Thistle after falling out of favour with manager Terry Butcher. A strained relationship existed between manager and player and the 26-year-old was often a frustrated spectator on the substitutes? bench this season.

He said: ?It was difficult as I started off well early in the season and then I was out for nine weeks through injury. I got back into the team and then got sent off in the Challenge Cup final against Dundee. I did not see any action after that for the next two months which was disappointing. I had a great relationship with the manager when he first came in after Craig Brewster ? we were unfortunate not to stay in the league. As a manager you have to make decisions and stand by them. I want to play every week, I wasn?t getting that at Caley Thistle and in the end I thought it was best to move on."

not to reopen other chats, but for me it was his smug way he swaggered off after the Red card that burn his bridges with me, i was going of him before that (as a person) then he wasted time, and smirked off the pitch. however as i said on this subject, Terry blew loads of smoke up his bum with the "you'll be an awsome striker, stick with me kid I'll show you the way" then nothing from TB, does smart a wee bit for me with TB's whole PR stunts.. Rossco too, TB's, If i had a team of Rosscos, then nothing really. I think the Hipe wore off.

not to reopen other chats, but for me it was his smug way he swaggered off after the Red card that burn his bridges with me, i was going of him before that (as a person) then he wasted time, and smirked off the pitch. however as i said on this subject, Terry blew loads of smoke up his bum with the "you'll be an awsome striker, stick with me kid I'll show you the way" then nothing from TB, does smart a wee bit for me with TB's whole PR stunts.. Rossco too, TB's, If i had a team of Rosscos, then nothing really. I think the Hipe wore off.

might TB have been 'ticked off' with the 'swagger' also and thought similarly to you? This could have been done to teach a lesson or try to bring a player down a peg or two if he felt he was getting too big for his boots ... its the old carrot and stick principle.

Where Rosscoe is concerned, I think TB's hands are tied ... He hasnt done anything to show he has lost faith in Rosscoe, he put him straight back in the team after injury and not slagged him off for anything. As far as contracts are concerned, he isnt able to do anything, its the board's remit.

Scotty,

Thats how i took it after I had a right good think about it, and to be fair if thats what he did.. I.E Down a peg then i think TB was right to have done that, Look at how he treats those that dont put in the effort.

He wanted to go, so let him.

I was spectacularly unimpressed by his challenge cup final appearance, and the last time I saw him play - QoS in Dec - he was trapping the ball further than I can pass it. If his first touch had been anything like, then he would have been some player - bags of skill. He clearly thinks that he's worthy of better than us, and gave the impression that he's rather be anywhere else.