FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kilmarnock -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you Munro and Hayes.

Proctor doesn't know what he is - a perfect example of a "jack of all trades, but master of none".

Foran has regularly been head and shoulders above the rest of the team at the start of the season, but when did he last have a good game? We constantly punt the ball to him and it's all a little predictable. I'd also like to see this 20 goal promise that he made materialising.

Rooney would be satisfactory if he would take the chances he's given. How many one-on-one's has he had this season and how many of those has he scored? Given the chances that he's had this season, a decent striker would be well into the 20's so far.

according to Chick (who is no fan of ours), ICT were in control for the first half hour, in fact the first goal was somewhat against the run of play. He has also commented that we came out in the second half and looked better.

Our problems in this game seem to have been two-fold.

1. We cannot take chances when we get them. Our finishing in terms of how many chances we need to score a goal are woeful.

2. Cammy Bell has had a stormer. Twice or 3 times now Chick has commented on the keeper making unbelievable saves

We ARE a good team, Killie are an SPL team or did you forget that Jay_7. This place is full of negative **** all the time

We're not even close to being a good team. We defend woefully, we're impotent up front and our midfield can't control a game.

Esson aside, which part of our team would you even describe as satisfactory?

Jay 7 you are correct we are not a good team in comparison to the likes of Man Utd, Barcelona, Ajax, Hertha Berlin, Santos, PSV Eindoven, Celtic , Rangers or Nottingham Forset or even Cardiff City....... However correct me if I am wrong but Im sure we don't play in any of the Leagues the aforementioned teams play in. We play in the SFL Division 1 and compared to the other teams in our league we are a GOOD team. I would say we are one off the best teams in this league if not the best. I've seen one better team this season in OUR league and Im hoping the wheels are not only going to fall off their caravans but off their season. When we BEAT C@unty in the rearranged game we will go on and win the League. It may not be pretty but when you compare with whats around us - we are a GOOD team.

Where's the BELIEF??

Jay 7 you are correct we are not a good team in comparison to the likes of Man Utd, Barcelona, Ajax, Hertha Berlin, Santos, PSV Eindoven, Celtic , Rangers or Nottingham Forset or even Cardiff City....... However correct me if I am wrong but Im sure we don't play in any of the Leagues the aforementioned teams play in. We play in the SFL Division 1 and compared to the other teams in our league we are a GOOD team. I would say we are one off the best teams in this league if not the best. I've seen one better team this season in OUR league and Im hoping the wheels are not only going to fall off their caravans but off their season. When we BEAT C@unty in the rearranged game we will go on and win the League. It may not be pretty but when you compare with whats around us - we are a GOOD team.

Where's the BELIEF??

The belief's here all right. I believe you need to be locked up before you hurt yourself if you think we are one of the best teams in the First Division.

Dundee, Ross County and Queen of the South are all better than us. Although we beat Partick Thistle recently, had their first choice starting eleven been available for selection, they would have absolutely horsed us.

I will reiterate my earlier point, we are not even close to being a good team. For that to change, we need the money required to bring in a centre back, a left back, two central midfielders, another winger and a striker that can take the chances that he's given.

Does a team that needs all that sound like a good one to you?

Edited by Jay_7

Where's the BELIEF??

The belief's here all right. I believe you need to be locked up before you hurt yourself if you think we are one of the best teams in the First Division.

Dundee, Ross County and Queen of the South are all better than us. Although we beat Partick Thistle recently, had their first choice starting eleven been available for selection, they would have absolutely horsed us.

I will reiterate my earlier point, we are not even close to being a good team. For that to change, we need the money required to bring in a centre back, a left back, two central midfielders, another winger and a striker that can take the chances that he's given.

Does a team that needs all that sound like a good one to you?

So what you are saying is you think we are the 5th best team in the league. So with there been 10 teams in the league we must be better than the 5 other teams. Therefore we are a GOOD team compared to those teams.

I would disagree with you about Dundee and QofS i dont think they are better than us and we will definitely finish above them.

Why all the negativity?

So what you are saying is you think we are the 5th best team in the league. So with there been 10 teams in the league we must be better than the 5 other teams. Therefore we are a GOOD team compared to those teams.

I would disagree with you about Dundee and QofS i dont think they are better than us and we will definitely finish above them.

Why all the negativity?

If you want to play with semantics I suggest you don't do it with me. IMO we are not a good team. If we were a good team, I wouldn't find it a chore enduring the cold to watch unentertaining "sport". This season, all that has kept me going back is the craic with my mates.

You can disagree all you like about whether teams are better than us or not. The fact is, we can't defend well, we can't attack well and we can't control a game. All the signs of a team that really isn't very good.

Proctor doesn't know what he is - a perfect example of a "jack of all trades, but master of none".

Foran has regularly been head and shoulders above the rest of the team at the start of the season, but when did he last have a good game? We constantly punt the ball to him and it's all a little predictable. I'd also like to see this 20 goal promise that he made materialising.

Rooney would be satisfactory if he would take the chances he's given. How many one-on-one's has he had this season and how many of those has he scored? Given the chances that he's had this season, a decent striker would be well into the 20's so far.

I give you division one top scorers...........

Griffiths Dundee 11

Harkins Dundee 10

Rooney Inverness CT 10

Holmes Queen of South 9

Weatherson Morton 9

Buchanan Partick Thistle 8

Rooney as you see is the 2nd top goalscorer in the league just one of the top. So to me, when you compare him to whats around him he is one of the best strikers in the league!!!! And of course he plays for one of the best teams in the league!!!

Guest Mahonio

LIONEL NEEDS DROPPED OR TRANSFERRED ASAP :rolleyes: !

I/we are sick of his bloody mistakes and to be honest i don't understand why former DEFENDERS Butch and Mo don't notice this.

On the other hand we must have created some chances or Cameron Bell wouldn't have been in such great form and the league is our priority but what annoys me is that THEY got further than us but only due to easy draws (typical) and they will be boasting about getting further without realising they had far easier draws than us.

Edited by Mahonio

Griffiths Dundee 11

Harkins Dundee 10

Rooney Inverness CT 10

Holmes Queen of South 9

Weatherson Morton 9

Rooney as you see is the 2nd top goalscorer in the league just one of the top. So to me, when you compare him to whats around him he is one of the best strikers in the league!!!! And of course he plays for one of the best teams in the league!!!

four of those have been penalties

I'm not a hater of lionel but after today he has got to go. our defence wasnt great but he was definately the week link. jonny has some great runs and was unlucky not to see more of the ball. rooney ran his heart out and was very close to a deserved goal. overall they probably deserved it but we had some great chances and it was only for their gollie being on great form that we didnt score. have to say though that the boys up the back did caley proud. dont think i will get "jimmys says aye to a killie pie" out my head for quite a while :rolleyes:

County win 9-0 and we lose 3-0. Sounds really bad.

But looking up the match stats on the beeb it seems we were unlucky and county just had one of those days.

We had 51% of posession and more attempts on goal. Reports suggest that 3-0 very much flattered Killie.

County and Stirling had 7 corners each and County only had 12 attempts on goal. Scoring 9 times from 12 attempts is pretty phenomenal and suggests the Albion keeper probably wasn't MOTM.

It seems that the County strikers feel they have to prove themselves now that Barrowman is back and challenging for a place - or do they feel they can relax as a starting place is now guaranteed!

A non stop Jimmy says aye to a Killie Pie chant for 35-40 minutes of the second half of the game right up until Full Time was the best atmosphere i've been to when we've been beaten by 3 goals. Totally took the edge off the lose.

Well done to everyone for keeping it up.

Griffiths Dundee 11

Harkins Dundee 10

Rooney Inverness CT 10

Holmes Queen of South 9

Weatherson Morton 9

You're deluded. Rooney is a poor striker, no better or worse than Andy Barrowman. Give us the table of stats on the divisions attempts to goals ratio. I'm sure that will tell a very different story.

Rooney is a poor striker playing for what is at the moment, a very poor team indeed.

Griffiths Dundee 11

Harkins Dundee 10

Rooney Inverness CT 10

Holmes Queen of South 9

Weatherson Morton 9

You're deluded. Rooney is a poor striker, no better or worse than Andy Barrowman. Give us the table of stats on the divisions attempts to goals ratio. I'm sure that will tell a very different story.

Rooney is a poor striker playing for what is at the moment, a very poor team indeed.

I'm not sure how you work that out. I tend to judge my strikers on goals and since Rooney has scored more for us than Barrowman then in my book he's better.

I'm not sure how you work that out. I tend to judge my strikers on goals and since Rooney has scored more for us than Barrowman then in my book he's better.

To be fair to Barrowman, he was hardly ever played. When he was played, he was either played out of position or didn't receive the service he needs.

Rooney appears to be Butchers favoured striker - but why? I'd be embarrassed of his strike ratio.

I can remember when we used to be a good team. Or at the very least - difficult to play against. Sadly this is a distant memory and the way things are going, the only way is down. We will not improve until we get investment. No one will invest in us because Sutherland owns the stadium and the land.

Agreed, look at Charlie's Christie's team, Robertson's team when ICT were promoted, Brewster's first team along with the final team Paterson had. They were far far superior to what ICT have now become. I would even go as far as saying that this is one of the sorriest versions of ICT I have ever seen.

Jay 7 you are correct we are not a good team in comparison to the likes of Man Utd, Barcelona, Ajax, Hertha Berlin, Santos, PSV Eindoven, Celtic , Rangers or Nottingham Forset or even Cardiff City....... However correct me if I am wrong but Im sure we don't play in any of the Leagues the aforementioned teams play in. We play in the SFL Division 1 and compared to the other teams in our league we are a GOOD team.

Oh please, have some perspective here. I could look at a Highland side and say "Yeah, they're a good team." It doesn't matter if they'd gubbed by AC Milan. What does a "good team" have? IMO it's things like confidence, competence, self belief, a good and effective football style. From I and many others can see, ICT have none of these.

I would say we are one off the best teams in this league if not the best. I've seen one better team this season in OUR league and Im hoping the wheels are not only going to fall off their caravans but off their season. When we BEAT C@unty in the rearranged game we will go on and win the League.

:rolleyes:

Where's the BELIEF??

It's dead and buried.

To be fair to Barrowman, he was hardly ever played. When he was played, he was either played out of position or didn't receive the service he needs.

Rooney appears to be Butchers favoured striker - but why? I'd be embarrassed of his strike ratio.

Rooney contributes a lot to the team apart from his goal scoring. He works really hard, pressures defenders, holds the ball well and lays balls off well. He does all of that better than Barrowman.

As for strike rate, from the stats in the last programme I bought (the Motherwell game) Rooney had scored 17 from 63 appearences 39 of which had been as sub. Barrowman scored 3 in 41 appearences of which 24 were as sub. Not only is Rooneys strike rate about 4 times better than Barrowman's, a slightly greater proportion of Rooney's starts have been from the bench.

Barrowman's strike rate of 3 in 41 games is only half that of Bulvitis and far worse than Foran and Sanchez. Unfortunately, the facts are that he was a disaster as far as ICT are concerned.

The one thing I will agree with you on is that when he played he was out of position - he was on the park when he should have been off it.

Because he's big I reckon. Butcher has had one constant at every team he's been at - long high balls towards a target man. A boring and mostly ineffective style of play. No wonder almost all of his teams fail.