FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wayne Bridge

Harry Chibber

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is he right to pull out of England squad?

• Yes
    • No

I find the whole thing quite comical tbh but I am actually feeling sorry for Wayne Bridge. The BBC headline yesterday said it all "Bridge turns back on England team" followed by the unofficial/official blog from Phil McNulty (whoever he is) slating Bridge for being a deserter.

He hasn't turned his back on his country... he just can't imagine playing in the same 11 as the former "friend" that slept with the mother of his child!! I'd find it difficult to be on the same planet as someone if they slept with my mrs never mind, being instructed by him on what to do when it came to sorting out the line for offside or positions on defending corners. This is an example of everything I hate about the English media when they start getting caught up with World cup expectations...

The game this Saturday should be interesting none the less.. Chelsea vs Man City... I'd love to see Bridge stick a 2 footed challenge in on Terry.

So what do you think if it was the same scenario for someone who played for Scotland??? (sort of links in with the other thread with Malpas' opinions)

Very different scenario to Boyd, Weir etc. Bridge comes out with a lot of dignity, whilst Terry looks more and more shameful. I actually think Bridge would be more missed than Terry. With Cole injured, who will be LB? Baines? Warnock? Not a great choice. But there are a few decent English centre-backs around.

Could you please add a "Couldn't give a toss" option to the poll, thanks. :)

Could you please add a "Couldn't give a toss" option to the poll, thanks. :)

I am with you on that one Yngwie.

You had that option but instead you chose to press reply :)

dam ive fallen foul of it aswel! ;)

added a dont care option (and voted for it) ;)

removed the "dont care" option as the original poster/pollster seemed a little upset that his poll had this option added ........ still dont care though !

Why is everyone getting at JT? Every coaching manual tells you that if the full back leaves a hole unattended, the centre back should fill it.

Don't care though.

Spot on! :rolleyes:

I voted no. Simply because whilst I fully understand the guys reasonings, why should he let his dreams be ruined by the actions of some tosspot? It would probably show a more "up yours JT" to let it come across like it's not getting to him.

It's a very tough choice to have made. And will probably reduce the risk of any divisions in the squad which was included in his reasoning.

I dont really care. But hey, if it hinders the England team.... all the better eh!

I am in very much Team Bridge, hope he blanks that cockney *** Terry at the pre-match handshake.

He did....it showed ya on Football Focus. John Terry held out his hand......Wayne bridge ignored him and shook hands with the next person! Was quality!!!

I don't se what the big deal is, and think Bridge is being a bit childish regarding it.

After all, Wayne Bridge was not actually with the girl at the time, the pair of them had parted !

I've swung this way as well. He's coming out looking the worst now. It was his ex. Sure JT can be accused of bad ettiquette. But his worst acting cheating on his wife. Thats his real crime. Wayne Bridge is crying that his alleged, apparent slag of an ex(Gudjohson, and a couple of other chealsea stars linked to her) has slept with a former colleauge of his.

Would I pull out of possibly my only chance at being 1st choice left back at the World Cup because some *** has hit a taboo. No way!

He needs to man up, get back on his horse and just deal with it.

So guys you are telling me if one of your mates went off with your ex with who you hadn't long split up with (also who you have a kid with) you would be happy? Yeah they had split up but there are unspoken rules about this sort of thing!

They are former work colleagues and Im sure they got on and Terry has crossed a line (which his ex did too, allegedly more than once.)

Im sure he feels a bit let down and humiliated.

But to answer your question, whilst i might give it a bit to take the raw edge off(ie pull out of friendly but not altogether), I wouldn't let some mug who did the dirty on me take away an opportunity of a life time.

I'd like to think I'd be the bigger man and get on with it. None of the playing to the cameras by refusing to shake hands nonsense.