FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread : ICT -V- Hamilton

Scotty

We didn't really deserve anything from that. Imrie's goal was an absolute stunner, utterly unstoppable. There's nothing you can do about hits like that, to be honest, we should've been thankful that we had 90 minutes to claw it back. Accies were committed and every time we had the ball in the middle of the park or up front they crowded us out, putting pressure on us in twos and threes. Hayes in particular was singled out, or rather doubled out. Effective stuff from Hamilton and they could've extended their lead a couple of times - Esson saved from that Jedward guy and Hassailbank was through a couple of times. We didn't offer anything in the first half.

In the second half we improved but didn't really get any clear cut chances. Nick Ross (our best player I thought) created space a few times and on one occasion should have had a pop but tried to square it. There were a few scrambles but not much else. We looked best when we sent Tokely up front!

Regarding Imrie, he's obviously a bit of a p***k but if you are going to shout 'Paedo' at someone for 90 minutes they probably will have a go back. Was pretty funny Tokely giving him the w****r sign though

It concerns me that we haven't built on last weeks result - this is how we got relegated last time out. The season we went down we beat Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers away but lost too many games against the other 'bottom six' teams. There's no point in beating Dundee Utd easily then losing to Hamilton at home - we need consistency. In terms of tactics, I was again disappointed with our central midfield pairing, they were crowded out of the game meaning that we couldn't get any decent passing going and rarely got the ball into our danger players in good areas. Duncan and Cox need to be bit more dynamic in the middle, they just seem to sit there sometimes and the match happens arond them. Cox is capable of more I think, I'd like to see him taking more control in there.

You Probably have made the most accurate post on the game so far. Cox was terrible and thats been kind, Munro was beaten in the air 60% of the time which is bad for a defender. Tokely made an improvement in defence and attack later in the game and probably should have got man of the match. Nick Ross had a good game and I can't believe some posters saying he was the wors't player in the team. He was unfortunate to be subbed as Terry could have taken of 5 or more players of who were having a bad day. After all the cr#p in the papers this week about how good we are perhaps its time to shut up and produce it on the park instead :irritated:

That was one of the worst games I've ever had to sit through. I should've done what the woman next to me did....left at half time!! We could still be playing now and not scored. If the whole crowd can see in the first 10 minutes that Rooney isnt going to win a thing in the air against Mensing, why can't the players see it too? There didn't seem to be any attempt to play a plan b.

Not sure why anyone thinks Hayes had a decent game, that was easily the worst I've ever seen him play. And as for Cox...he was awful too. In fact, other than Gillet and Ross, the whole team was mince.

I guess 3 points from 3 games isn't too bad, but these games against those we expect to be around us come the end of the season are really the ones we need to be picking up points from. Especially at home.

• Agree 1

Just watched the Imrie goal on the BBC website and like I thought yesterday McCann could have stopped him before he shot and Esson was slow to react

Was just about to post the exact same thing. Thought Esson was so slow to move his feet, think he could have done better, not like him at all.

Also thought that some of Proctors attempted tackling was powderpuff at best. On a segment of the highlights he tried to make a tackel but then fell over, chased back and then fell over again. Ridiculous.

Gutless perfomance. It was Cox giving the ball away that gave Imrie the chance. After that Cox made cox-up after cox-up. Zero confidence game, and that may have been the largest part of the problem. Esson was still tying his shoe laces, so is less to blame. Hayes, and Rooney were marked out for most of the game, leaving Eric a bit of space, and I would have had him or Tokes, strong anywhere, as MOM. Duncan also back to his most lacadaisical, and Proctor needs to get stuck in.

The high balls were not working and that was going to be the tactic for the 2nd half. Meat and drink to the bog bald lad, he could have done that all day. We have no plan B without Foran, and that will be ultimately what determines our success ths season.

Imrie is a wee sh!te, yes, and he will get his comeuppance. We have what it takes to do Hamilton and others this season, but need to get the ship on a steady keel, especially at home. It was only one goal.

Saw it coming a mile off. It happened when we beat Aberdeen, everyone expected us to carry on and Hamilton ground us the next week.

Great goal but we practically told Dougie Imrie to shoot. Cox takes too many touches to control the ball and everyone runs away from Dougie.

Pathetic in the 1st half and i'm guessing if the half time music had been turned off we would have heard Butcher tear into them.

We did improve 2nd half and perhaps could've sneaked an equaliser but it wouldn't have been deserved.

The only thing that left me reeling was the fact that when Rooney tryed to lob Cerny he was crunched by him, stone waller!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8953493.stm

There wasnt a single highlight of us with the ball in the first half wonder why?

We should have taken a point from that game, you see weak penalties given but that was a stonewaller, are refs too scared to give penalties against Hamilton now in case its deemed a conspiracy. Sutherland this time

Edited by 12th Man

couldnt make the game as i was returning from holiday but from what i saw of the highlights it looked to have taken caley a long while to get going the first chance on the highlights ross should have gone for goal and i think rooney should have had a pen after being chopped by the keeper and i think sutherland was unfortunate not to get something for a barge but we lost and it is disappointing but we are missing a few but lets keep positive i just hope that our home form will not deteriorate now we are back in the spl

couldnt make the game as i was returning from holiday but from what i saw of the highlights it looked to have taken caley a long while to get going the first chance on the highlights ross should have gone for goal and i think rooney should have had a pen after being chopped by the keeper and i think sutherland was unfortunate not to get something for a barge but we lost and it is disappointing but we are missing a few but lets keep positive i just hope that our home form will not deteriorate now we are back in the spl

Full stop.

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/8953493.stm

There wasnt a single highlight of us with the ball in the first half wonder why?

We should have taken a point from that game, you see weak penalties given but that was a stonewaller, are refs too scared to give penalties against Hamilton now in case its deemed a conspiracy. Sutherland this time

Good God you sound like a paranoid Celtc fan . Stonewaller ? Not a chance , hardly an appeal from any of the players , never a penalty . We lost to the better , hungrier team , it happens get over it .

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Good God you sound like a paranoid Celtc fan . Stonewaller ? Not a chance , hardly an appeal from any of the players , never a penalty . We lost to the better , hungrier team , it happens get over it .

You must be blind you idiot . Watch the replay again and you will see quite clealy the defender blatantly pushes shane when he got in front off him. I can assure you i am not a paranoid celtic fan.

You must be blind you idiot . Watch the replay again and you will see quite clealy the defender blatantly pushes shane when he got in front off him. I can assure you i am not a paranoid celtic fan.

Please accept my apologies if you think I was calling you a paranoid Celtc fan when you are of course an ar$ehole .

• Disagree 2

I was enjoying that . Did anyone else notice that every throw in that went to Obi was short lived but one, and I agree mccann needed to come off he stood n watched the goal n seemed to be out gunned n the weak link before 'getting injured.'