FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

lack of home atmosphere

gingerjaggy

Went back to the main stand 2nd half got a seat close to my own seat..and fell out with 2 Elgin fans..better crack!!

They really were quite an annoying bunch on Saturday, quite smug about being a crap team. The best thing about the main stand is no one makes you stand up to display your hatred for something.

I am a season ticket holder in the North stand. At the Elgin game I decided to sit in the main stand. Never again, old codgers complaining about everything from the weather to the price of petrol. They constantly companied with little or no attention to the game. I know that going to a match and watching is supporting the team and often especially recently we have not had a lot in the games to cheer about, but a few chants to get behind the players is surely not too much to ask. It astonished me how even a few away fans can create more noise than the home support. What's the solution, Don't know, What's part of the problem, old Codgers that tut and look in disgust at those who make an effort to make some noise. I spent the second half in the North stand.

Have to say I agree. I am also a season ticket holder in the North and decided to sit in the Main for game V Elgin. Every comment was so negative. Even when we eventually scored there were still some comments about how we should have won by more etc.

• Agree 1

its not about arguing which stand criticizes the team it is about making some noise that will inspire the boys to win at home. They are proffesionals so i dont think criticise is the cause for our poor home record but i think we can do more to generate more of an atmosphere at home that will make it a fortress and we can win more games

• Agree 1

Went back to the main stand 2nd half got a seat close to my own seat..and fell out with 2 Elgin fans..better crack!!

They really were quite an annoying bunch on Saturday, quite smug about being a crap team. The best thing about the main stand is no one makes you stand up to display your hatred for something.

no one makes you stand up in section g you sit/stand there by choice knowing you are going there to get behind your team :ponder:

maybe if the main stand were a bit more enthusiastic the atmosphere would be a bit better

• Agree 1

i Know this wont happen for a while but the best way to get the atmosphere up is to build a stand along the west side, doesnt have to be big but then any noise may then be held within the ground as we have 4 stands and pop the singers next to the away fans in this new stand like at other grounds for instance st mirren park ibrox, celtic park where the hardcore singing fans sit close to the away fans but anyway that wont happen so all we can do is get more fans singing. the whole reason about home advantage is that the home team have more fans it is not worth playing at home if the away team with less numbers can make more noise than 2 or 3000 home supporters