FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Shirt on ebay.

Alex MacLeod

I vaguely recall that strip. I mind one time wearing it when we played Raith at Starks Park. We lost 2 - 0 thanks to goals from Paul Tosh and Alec Burns I think. Could have been the same season that Livi went and bought most of the first division (they got three players from Raith for about ?100k IIRC) so that would put it around 1999/2000 maybe?

I seem to recollect ICT wearing that kit in an away tie in Dingwall in September 2001. IIRC ICT got beat 2-1, Nicky Walker was stuck in America due to biscuits and terrorists and Bobby Mann got sent off.

Official away shirt from Season 2000/2001 & Season 2001/02. Sponsored by Scotrail in 2000/01 and by Sharp in 01/02. : http://caleythistleonline.com/shirts.html

If it has no sponsor on it I would be a bit skeptical if it is an actual squad shirt though .... I would suspect it just has #9 transfer on the back but I could be wrong !!!!

Not sure who would have had #9 in 2000/01 but I know that Paul Ritchie frequently wore than number in 01/02. But it could be many players as there were no squad numbers.

I have this shirt and mine has the sponser Scotrail on it. I managed to get it signed by the players at a Livingston match when we were in the first division and i still have it today. I remember us wearing it against teams like Falkirk and Raith. I'm sure the number 9 would have been someone like Martin Glancy maybe?

The lack of a sponsor on the first one is what red flags it for me ..... Actual team shirts, certainly those worn in matches at that time, were never without a sponsor name. We had the away shirt for two seasons and in one of them it was Scotrail, the next it was Sharp and a blank one seems a little strange. It may well be an official shirt, and it may be one that was supplied blank to the club during the changeover in sponsors, but if it was used in a match it would at the very least have had a sponsor transfer added to it.

The only exception that I know of - and I have two of these shirts as a sponsor of two players at the time - are the shirts worn for the Hearts -V- ICT cup game at Tynecastle. We didnt wear our 'real' shirts for this game as our striped red/blue home shirt was deemed to clash with the maroon of Hearts when viewed on TV so we resurrected the same strips that were worn at Celtic Park in 2000 and a SHARP logo was ironed on over the top of the Scotrail printing on them. These are prized possessions of mine given that the shirts, and myself were present at both of these historic victories.

I wonder if the seller has gotten hold of shirts the club had as a kind of back up kit where, if a new shirt was needed, they could just stick a sponsor on and use it. Either that or it could be a U19/Reserve kit as I know they sometimes where ICT shirts that go without sponsors. Kind of reminds me as well of a friendly against Clach a few years ago where one reserve (who's name I haven't a clue) came on with the Flybe Swish top as a substitute wearing a sponsor-less kit. A U19 or trial game is probably the best bet for when the kit was used.

Eh.. its the same seller..... n he sells loads of different tops so my guess is... he regularly sells this kind of thing so its roughly the same advert to save him time.