FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

aldershot v inverness ct

sotonict

Made it to the game yesterday. Was a thoroughly mediocre performance. Defence looks like it needs to play a bit more together, just to get used to playing with each other. That being said, Proctor had a nightmare. I think he missed a tackle in the run-up to their goal and was skinned numerous times in the rest of the game. Won't be too harsh on him seeing as its just the one game and he's usually reasonably solid, but if he continues in that form, he'll need to be punted.

Attacking-wise, we had some good moments and nice link-up play, but it was largely ineffective, and the final-ball wasn't there at all. Our goal was pretty lucky to be honest. A lump up the field which fell right to Nick Ross who, in fairness, took it really well.

Hayes looked a bit out of sorts, Foran didn't do much, Doran didn't get going.

Tansey's passing looked pretty decent, Stevenson did feck all.

Gillet has a few trademark wild tackles, Aldred and Tokely, as said above, look like they need to play more together but did nothing overtly wrong. Esson was good, apart from one dodgy moment.

Shinnie looks good on the ball, but doesn't seem to take notice of where he's actually going and runs into trouble a lot. Other subs were decent.

Here's my view on the game. First half was dreadful. Proctor was at fault for the goal i'm afraid. We were looking disjointed and neve looked like scoring. Hayes ran a lot but never got much of the ball. Doran looked uninterested. Not much running from him and a very under par performance. Second half was better. Got the ball passing a bit more and I think we deserved the equaliser. We could have won it at the end if it wasn't for a double save from the keeper. Stand out performances were from Tom 'The Tank' Aldred, Morrison, and Tansey. Aldred looks solid at the back and Tanseys passing is excellent. (Same at Bristol game as well). There was a grand total of 11 ICT fans at the game. :ictscarf:

About 20ish at Bristol.

After the game, for some reason the players didn't do a cool down (unless they stretched in the dressing room?!) I thought this was very odd. Aldershot made 8 substitutions to our 3 and they played a lot of trialists. At our stage of pre season compared to Shots, we really should have beaten them.

The supporters of Aldershot were some of the friendliest i've met. The amount of fans that approached us / shake hands etc was fantastic. The bar at the stadium was very good and again the fans were very welcoming. Myself, IHE and Dewsbury did manage to go into the wrong bar on the Friday night where I unwittingly made 'friends' with members of their hooligan element, but luckily didn't see them again. They weren't too keen on my accent apparantly! A pub caled the Red Lion owned by an Aldershot legend was where we based ourself most of the time and what a buzz at about midnight on Saturday night having about 30 locals singing O2B with us whilst dancing on tables and chairs and then falling off tables and chairs. Of course we sang one of their songs as well.

Terry was telling us after the game about 2 trialists this week and also echoing Forans comments in the press that we have to be patient. IMO Some of the signings are great and will do well for the club. They are all quite skilfull and it looks like he's trying to create on the deck passing / flowing footbal. IMO Aldred is just as good as Munro as a centre half, but possibly more skill full. They are no where near their potential yet and when they do click / mature I think we are going to see a team that will play wonderfull football. They need to click soon though as the performances are not up to standard. i'm really encouraged by these new signings and if we are patient (and we have to be) we will have one hell of a team. :clapping:

Oh and Novo didn't get a touch of the ball. :tongueincheek:

Edited by CapitalCaley

It was a big ugly git? Then again it could have been Paul deery

It was that big ugly git. but it wasn't Terry that said it. Although how IHE, Capital Caley, Mrs Dude and yerself remember anything that was said yesterday, is beyond me :wink: !

It was a big ugly git? Then again it could have been Paul deery

It was that big ugly git. but it wasn't Terry that said it. Although how IHE, Capital Caley, Mrs Dude and yerself remember anything that was said yesterday, is beyond me :wink: !

It wasn't Terry? Oh well i take that back! Another rumour then lol

Here's my view on the game. First half was dreadful. Proctor was at fault for the goal i'm afraid. We were looking disjointed and neve looked like scoring. Hayes ran a lot but never got much of the ball. Doran looked uninterested. Not much running from him and a very under par performance. Second half was better. Got the ball passing a bit more and I think we deserved the equaliser. We could have won it at the end if it wasn't for a double save from the keeper. Stand out performances were from Tom 'The Tank' Aldred, Morrison, and Tansey. Aldred looks solid at the back and Tanseys passing is excellent. (Same at Bristol game as well). There was a grand total of 11 ICT fans at the game. :ictscarf:

About 20ish at Bristol.

After the game, for some reason the players didn't do a cool down (unless they stretched in the dressing room?!) I thought this was very odd. Aldershot made 8 substitutions to our 3 and they played a lot of trialists. At our stage of pre season compared to Shots, we really should have beaten them.

The supporters of Aldershot were some of the friendliest i've met. The amount of fans that approached us / shake hands etc was fantastic. The bar at the stadium was very good and again the fans were very welcoming. Myself, IHE and Dewsbury did manage to go into the wrong bar on the Friday night where I unwittingly made 'friends' with members of their hooligan element, but luckily didn't see them again. They weren't too keen on my accent apparantly! A pub caled the Red Lion owned by an Aldershot legend was where we based ourself most of the time and what a buzz at about midnight on Saturday night having about 30 locals singing O2B with us whilst dancing on tables and chairs and then falling off tables and chairs. Of course we sang one of their songs as well.

Terry was telling us after the game about 2 trialists this week and also echoing Forans comments in the press that we have to be patient. IMO Some of the signings are great and will do well for the club. They are all quite skilfull and it looks like he's trying to create on the deck passing / flowing footbal. IMO Aldred is just as good as Munro as a centre half, but possibly more skill full. They are no where near their potential yet and when they do click / mature I think we are going to see a team that will play wonderfull football. They need to click soon though as the performances are not up to standard. i'm really encouraged by these new signings and if we are patient (and we have to be) we will have one hell of a team. :clapping:

Oh and Novo didn't get a touch of the ball. :tongueincheek:

Still struggling today CC? The red lion was the cricket pub on friday. the Golden Lion was Joe :notworthy: the Legends' pub. Totally agree about the welcome we got. (except La Fontaine on friday)

The rest of your assesment pretty much sums the day up!. Aldreds' mother also seemed to appreciate the songs we were singing for him. And he qualifies for Scotland :wink:

Nick Ross with a goal straight out of Crimewatch

Thank you! A wonderful turn of phrase which I may well take the liberty of plagiarising in a report at some time during the season! (Although I'm sure someone else has got there first liong since.)

It would be especially suitable for Open All Mics!!!

You'll need to credit the author and pay him Charles.

Straight from the Johann Hari school of journalism.