16 Golobart

19 Shinnie

02 Piermayr

07 Hayes

17 Morrison

09 Foran

18 Sutherland

23 Doran

did we play 5 at the back tonite or another change of back four personel.

have we started with the same back 4 for concecutive games this season.?????

these 5 are back four players why play one out of position when we have our strongest squad ever, with all positions covered.

sorry except goalscorer of which we dont even have a first choice in that department

According to TB's media interviews - he seems to spend every game shouting at the players at half-time and/or full-time.

Judging by results, perhaps screaming at the players isn't getting them motivated?

If we go behind against Killie on Saturday, I wonder whether we might begin to hear one or two boos from the stands...

Is butcher untouchable? If we go down this season will he be here next year?

He is highly thought of by our board so I think the job is his for how long he wants to be here.

Also, this is now his team, so he must be given time to try to sort out the problems. We can't afford to sack one manager, hire another and then give him the funds to bring in his own players, and it would be unfair and probably pointless to bring someone else in (leaving aside the perennial question 'Who is there that could do better?')and expect them to build a successful team with this squad if Butcher can't do it. The only justifications I could see for getting rid of Terry Butcher in the next few months would either be if it became clear that he had completely lost the dressing room, or if results were so appalling that the supporters simply stopped attending.

Just to play devils advocate for a second... The whole "Has he lost the dressing room" thing is entirely plausible if the Inverness rumour mill is to be believed.

Well some of the existing dressing room from last season anyway...

Edited by Jay_7

Just to play devils advocate for a second... The whole "Has he lost the dressing room" thing is entirely plausible if the Inverness rumour mill is to be believed.

Well some of the existing dressing room from last season anyway...

Being down here, I never hear any rumours around the club until they appear on here. I'd just assumed that he would have more or less all the players fully on side, and that part of the motivation for not offering Munro and Duncan contracts was to reduce the possibility of dissenting or competing voices from senior players.

Not sure how he can fix this with the limited resources currently available to choose from....the only option is to plug away with the same SPL formation and see if things improve until other players come available. The first ten or eleven games of the season may not make pleasant viewing....

Being down here, I never hear any rumours around the club until they appear on here. I'd just assumed that he would have more or less all the players fully on side, and that part of the motivation for not offering Munro and Duncan contracts was to reduce the possibility of dissenting or competing voices from senior players.

I trust we're talking about the same "ultimatum" here? I think it's possible that this ultimatum might have created waves with other members of the old guard, who in turn could start grumbling himself and creating unrest.

Like I said, just playing devils advocate, I don't know if that's what is or isn't happening.

totally agree with maryhill on this one. football is a fickle industry that revolves around success and when success is not forthcoming then i feel supporters are far to quick to get onto the sack the manager bang wagon. Look at the issue with arsenal, wenger has been a brilliant manager for them but people are starting to call for a change absurd. In this situation Butcher has been here some 2 to 3 years and has been successful in everything he has done here. The relegation wasnt his fault and he almost kept us up so this is the first period where Butcher is under a bit of pressure and i think he should be allowed to sort it out and that sacking him is going to make things worse. I wasnt there tonight but from the games i have attended i feel our forward play has been quite good but as been stated we havent finished anything off because we have no natural goalscorer so get a loan in and then i can see us scoring for fun as we are creating, luck has deserted us and the injuries is just awful but that is football. We will get better and i do feel our team are better than some in the SPL so i feel we just need to rid this out but please lets not over react by calling for terry's head so early especially when everyone some 12 months ago had not a bad word to say about him

• Agree 2

All this moaning about people calling for Terry's head and I've not seen a single post saying he should be shown the door!!!

Let's not blow something that's not happening/not a problem out of proportion.

No, I don't think I've seen any on here either, but a couple of people referred to posters or groups on Facebook saying something to that effect - I think that's what sparked the discussion.

From what I read of tonight we had numerous chances in the second half but just couldn't score. That say that things are almost right but just not quite. We need a goal scorer and hopefully we'll find one. As for theories about losing dressing room etc. I think not. There's only Tokely and Proc left of the so-called old guard and I doubt either of them are against the manager.