FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Malt Whisky

The Mantis

Like a lot of other things, whisky is personal.

I cant stomach the island stuff. TCP undertones and all that aftertaste makes me sick - really! a mate called Robert Miller was the prduction manager at Glenfarclas, my missus took a mate from engerlund and meself to see Rob at the distillery, after a tour about we were taken to the VIP lounge leather couches roaring fire, views down the glen etc so out comes a tray with various bottles a ages from 12,15,25 and 30 year old glenfarclas, the next hour and a half was spent sampling the various ages of malt, what a sensible way to spend an afternoon!

Oh and what a sleep home.

• 1 month later...

Yeah... I got lucky with a bottle of 12 year old Glen Ord, from just up the road in Muir of Ord.... It's feffing brilliant stuff - I was hoping to save some for tonight but it's all gone.... :019:  comes in a really nice bottle too....

I'm coming to the conclusion though that the best malt going is usually the one you happen to be drinking at that moment.....  :005:  :005:

My farther dropped of a bottle of Glen Grant 31year old bottle no.5. It was not a bad dram, but as usual the bottle is never big enough. Just opened a bottle of islay 12 year old for tonight. Well thats me of to enjoy my malt & visitors. Cheers Cotter

I've been rationing a bottle of 25 yo Caol Ila from last year but it's got 1 dram left in it, well till tonight at the latest.

I got a bottle of cask strength Benrinnes from Santa but there's a bottle of cask Clynelish in the queue first.

Well you would spend the same amount on petrol getting here to Mantis Towers, Mantopolis.

But I know for a fact that caley100 got a nice prezzy on the 25th and he lives not far from you  :023:

Aye, but apparently it was all drunk by a tall visiting stranger from the Lothians.

Was talking to someone about Caol Ila over the holidays.  He described it as "going down like a torchlight procession".  I liked the description!  :005:

Well, i have sampled a couple of nice malts recently, however after returning to the Innes after the game, and waiting for me better half to find the car keys for a lift home we ( Calum,Jill,Uncle Albert and Guzz) were honoured to view Colins Malt whisky - the bottles you dont see behind the bar.

A wooden case of Macallan (8) of various years starting at 1938 !!  other malts which i canna recall the name, and  produced in a glass case a very rare Bowmore black! which was no 67 of only 240 ever bottled, cant remember the year of this one but maybe the others will post, think it was 1964?

No we didnt get a taste. :006:

Craigdarroch Lodge at Contin New Years day. For entertainment there was a whisky quiz, part of which involved a tasting session. Embarrassed to say. I got them all wrong, even the rotgut Laphroig. We were in teams of four. Me, my missus and an English couple. None of them willing to taste so I had to do it all. Didnt care about not winning though :014: