FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Roman staying in the Gloamin

tm4tj

Young Spaniard Roman Golobart has decided to stay at Inverness until the end of the season.

See Inverness Courier Link:- http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Golobart-extends-stay-at-ICT.htm

Good decision by all concerned. Golobart has been outstanding in the last few games since his early season errors and has come on in leaps and bounds. Davis and Chipper still to commit.

• Agree 1

Delighted to hear he's staying. And yet just a few weeks ago I wouldn't have been bothered.

I'd like to think Owngolobart has benefited from good coaching from a couple of top class defenders to help cut out the cavalier stuff from his game.

• Agree 1

AM, I'm sure there was an article kicking around where Butcher said if he could keep the loan signings that would be our lot as there is little or no cash to splash.

I like Roman. Offers a goal threat, pretty quick, tall, strong. Yes he will make some bloopers, but that is his youth coming through, he is learning all the time and at only 19 will become stronger every week.

So is it a case of the "Doran" where we get a player who needs more game time, get him on a short loan then probably get him on a free transfer cuz the player is surplus to requirement at his B. Premier League club??

Could Roman be the new Rossco?

Delighted to hear he's staying. And yet just a few weeks ago I wouldn't have been bothered.

Yup, that about sums it up for me too .... almost posted about a month ago that he should GTF !!! But his performances since then would have seen me getting served up a huge portion of humble pie, alongside many other fans !

Perhaps its a case of settling in and getting used to the SPL, perhaps its the coaching, perhaps its a combination, but the last few weeks have certainly seen a good turnaround from RG !

the guy has come along way, he's got the passion but just needed some game time and i'm sure having rossco, terry & mo around you can certainly do nothing but help the young CB.

he's shown flashes of talent in early games but was inexperienced at even an SPL level......he's not got the exp and is finding form and has held up the back line with kenny & shinnie, having TP and rossco coming back into the back 4 will only help lift some pressure off the guy.

Delighted, we lack in defence in terms of numbers and quality just now but there is no doubt that Roman has been our best defender over the last month and deserves the chance to continue developing here. I hope Davis remains as well for the same reasons.

I really dont see the sense in keeping Chippendale though. We have Hayes, Doran, The Shinnies, Ross and if a must Tade who can all play on the wing. If its true that he is been retained because Hayes may leave then i still dont see the logic behind it. Id rather lose Hayes for nothing at the end of the season knowing we are safe than risk going down because we cashed in our best player.

I agree that we need another striker though, i also think another center half is a must as Tokely and Golobart are all we have just now.

With a thread title like that you could give Uncle Bill a run for his money!!!!

Only just got around to reading the article and I'm glad to see he is staying.

I was worried that he'd blown his chances early on when a couple of needless errors had ended up costing us, but was glad to see him getting another chance which he has grabbed with both hands.

I'm sure I read in the Sun yesterday a short article about Wolves wanting to take Davis back in January as there is interest from various Championship sides that would result in better experience for him, in their opinion, and also means that he is closer to them should they want to recall him.

Glad Roman is staying on until the end of the season, along with the fact he has come on leaps and bounds it also means we don't need to go out and look for someone else who we would have to intergrate into the team and squad as well, it always takes a bit of time for someone to settle in and with a January signing generally that time isn't there and they need to hit the ground running.

• Agree 1

Quite glad Roman is staying. He has vastly improved from what I saw when he played against Aberdeen and no longer has me on the edge of my seat whenever receives the ball. Good keep for us!