FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The bottom line

Stevie

Granted, ICT didn't play very well today. Don't worry Motherwell ain't any

better than us, we beat them heavily @ Fir Park a couple of months ago.

A fair bit of moaning going on, on this board about C.C. and certain players

though............UNBELIEVABLE !

We're sitting 7th in the Scottish top division, personally I think it would be great

if Inverness were at the top but if you stand back and take everything into

account, 7th is great.

We've got the lowest average attendance in the SPL, like it or lump it that generally means

you're the bottom of the league.

Inverness might, one day, grow into one of the bigger SPL clubs, I don't know, but meantime

I am thourghly enjoying their well earned high status.

I obviously hope that in the future the pessimists don't have to look back and say "hey

those days were great, wish we'd have appreciated them more"

I obviously hope that in the future the pessimists don't have to look back and say "hey

those days were great, wish we'd have appreciated them more"

Totally agree with your last paragraph...

I must admit looking back that I probably didn't go to watch Jags in the early 90's, when they were pretty poor at that time, as much as I should have. How I wish I could go back in time just to go and watch Jags at Jags Park again....however they played...!!!....amazing how much you miss something when it's gone!

What I'm trying to say is we shouldn't take ICT in the SPL for granted....if we were ever to go back down to the 1st Division we'd be only to glad to watch us playing 7th in the SPL !!!

Good point Stevie.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

The bottom line??? the bottom feckin line???  is that we were absolute erses today and truth be told our strikers couldn't score in a Hookers Happy Hour.

No feckin wonder you are both wishing you had been back in the nineties watching an Inverness Thistle game after watching that cack today, first up it would have cost you a fiver entry and 50p fer yer pie and tea instead of the £30.00 I spent today to watch the worst football in Europe, did I say football??

And the real 'bottom line' is, it's all very well saying that sitting at 7th in the SPL 'is great' but hey we're only 3 POINTS ahead of the 11th placed team and 8 points ahead of Dunfermline, how 'great' is that, wakey wakey time!! lets get back to winning before using the word great.

Jayzus, what a relief to hear something a wee bit optimistic from someone else who is enjoying being up in the top league. Every time I make my way down to the Longman, I feel like a wee loon waiting for Santa. I can’t quite believe it’s true that a Highland team are now holding their own in the SPL and I’m going down there to watch them take on Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen etc on a weekly basis. It’s been a privilege to be around during this golden era of highland football and I get right royally peed off with persistant pessimism of some of the threads on this board. OK it sounded like a poor game yesterday, but we only lost 1-0 to a penalty in the 90th minute, same against Aberdeen the other week, it took a 90th minute equaliser to deny a win. We’re holding our own in a league that’s as tight as a gnats chuff and I for one am enjoying the ride, thank feck I’m not alone.

If every aspect of going to the games caused me as much distress as it obviously does to some, I wouldn’t bother going, I wouldn’t put myself through the suffering, I would stay at home. In one short post, there’s complaints about the football, the admission fee, the league position, even the cost of a cup of tea. Give me strength.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Take it you weren't at the game Beach? appreciate your comments.

I as most of you know am the first to congratulate the team on a good performance and that includes losing, if I see they play well and lose by the odd goal I will stand by them, but I will not applaud dross just because I am a fan, that gets us nowhere.

I have been to the last three games and probably most home games this season, thanks to a less hectic work schedule, and sad to say that at most games I have witnessed a less than good performance so I shouldn't have been surprised by yesterday but I was as the opposition was the poorest I have seen this season and if we had played at half our capability we should have walked it, that is how bad we were!

Optimism?holding our own? look, this is our third season in the SPL, there's no novelty any longer and we aren't a HL team having a good cup run, be realistic and admit that we on our day are as good as any other team in the SPL but right now we are sheit, so lets shove this making hay while the sun shines, we deserve to be in the SPL and we the fans deserve better footballing performances so don't go telling the team they are doing alright when they clearly are not. Credit where credit is due and the 'bottom line' is our credit is seriously overdrawn.

And when you get to the sports pages in the Post/Mail/SoS this morning have another look at the SPL table, thats right, we are 3 POINTS above the 11th placed team and that my friend really is the bottom line.

Working unfortunately, so couldn’t make the match yesterday, luckily then, I don’t have feelings of frustration acquired only by being at such games.

I was at the Hearts game last week though, and saw the same 11 guys easily match the Pressley enhanced Jambos and with a wee rub of the green we could’ve taken all three points. I thought it was as entertaining as a 0-0 could be.

By all accounts Well were keech yesterday too, so from where I’m sitting, for us to play so badly and only lose by a 90th min. penalty seems very unlucky. Would there have been so much spleen venting if we’d come away with another 0-0 draw ?

To expect to walk any game in this league is unrealistic unless you’re a Tim. It’s as tight as a fishes erse and there will be good and bad days for all the teams.

There may not be any SPL novelty left for you, but there most definitely is for me and I’m still enjoying it, ‘if I didn’t I wouldn’t be in here’ as the man almost said.

agree we were pretty awfull yesterday but to say weve been poor the last three to four home games nah  we played some good football against hearts and should ve beaten them but for craig gordon and elvis we would have we have no devine right to beat any team in the spl we may only be 8 points ahead of dumpfermilne but we are also only 8 points from 2nd place for those who believe in their team and i still believe in my team!!!!!!!

Sandy, I can appreciate what you're saying but to continue the debate further,

the odds in my opinion are stacked against Inverness, many neutrals had ICT

as their banker to go down. Why ?

Basically because:-

1)As i've already said, we've got the lowest average gate, you may not read

much into that but it generally spells doom and gloom, hence the one with the least money

will invariably depart the scene.

2)It's obviously connected to the first part but if you look back to the Inverness team of 2002/03,

they were unable to get out of the 1st division. If you take Dodds as a straight swap for Mann

We've added Dargo but lost the very effective Barry Robson. Very little change otherwise.

Now personally I feel the team unity, (a group of players which unusually for nowadays have stuck together) is the reason this team has surpassed itself and the reason ICT are in the position that they are.

The teams we are competing against are able to go out and sign up guys like Burchill, BARRY ROBSON,

Allan Johnston, Steve Lovell etc etc. Inverness meanwhile can do very little in this department.

The group of guys that ICT have, have performed miricles for the club, personally I find it hard to criticise

them.

Criticising the club remids me of a story about a rep, who worked for a firm who liked to think of themselves as progressive. The poor guy doubled his turnover in his first year, added a further 25% in his second, in the 3rd year he was barely able to make any increase in the previous, and the company put the poor guy under so much pressure he resigned. The bloke had done all he could but it wasn't enough.

The bottom line??? the bottom feckin line???  is that we were absolute erses today and truth be told our strikers couldn't score in a Hookers Happy Hour.

No feckin wonder you are both wishing you had been back in the nineties watching an Inverness Thistle game after watching that cack today, first up it would have cost you a fiver entry and 50p fer yer pie and tea instead of the £30.00 I spent today to watch the worst football in Europe, did I say football??

And the real 'bottom line' is, it's all very well saying that sitting at 7th in the SPL 'is great' but hey we're only 3 POINTS ahead of the 11th placed team and 8 points ahead of Dunfermline, how 'great' is that, wakey wakey time!! lets get back to winning before using the word great.

And the one point you missed Sandy...........We're only 8 points of second place.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Fair comment Alex and I was aware of the eight points off second place, and now that you mention it you must think we have a realistic chance of getting the second spot?  given that we haven't won in our last six games and not scored in four I would say that the chances of that happening are as good as the Pope applying for The Moderator of the Church of Scotland's job.

I really care for the team, if I wasn't I wouldn't be on here slamming them for yesterday, we must let them know how we feel when they play badly as I do not believe ignoring what is happening does anyone any good, and all this low pay/ punching above our weight/wee team keech we get all the time from management and fans when we lose drives me up the wall, christ Falkirk,St Mirren and Killie don't get much more gate than us and you don't hear them on about being the poor relations in the SPL, can't see John Hughes being that negative can you? We have experienced SPL players in Dargo, Brown,Wyness and Dods and we are paying good money.All this negativity surrounding the club is awful and it's as if we are being prepared for the drop.

Sandy, I know where your coming from but I believe things will get back on track. We're going through a goal drought at the minute. Why? God knows. The same backbone players played yesterday as have been playing since the split last season so whats gone wrong recently.

As for gates and with reference to the teams you mentioned. yes their gates may be about equivalent to ours but they are all central belt based. An area with a far greater proportion of industry and commerce where companies will pay way over what we can command for sponsorship and advertising rights.

Sandy, I know where your coming from but I believe things will get back on track. We're going through a goal drought at the minute. Why? God knows. The same backbone players played yesterday as have been playing since the split last season so whats gone wrong recently.

As for gates and with reference to the teams you mentioned. yes their gates may be about equivalent to ours but they are all central belt based. An area with a far greater proportion of industry and commerce where companies will pay way over what we can command for sponsorship and advertising rights.

Sandy mate you're needing a hand here!!!

I agree generally with what you say and think the important thing is that the club needs to progress and to do this we need to get rid of all the deadwood in the midfield. Strangely enough having watched the game on Sat I am optimistic now about the future because I think this game will create a turning point as a few home truths will hopefully have been spotted by Management and coaching staff.

Onwards and upwards coming soon at a ground near you!   

:015: :015: :015: Great post Sandy......first time I've laughed out loud on here for a while. Cheers mate!! :021:

No feckin wonder you are both wishing you had been back in the nineties watching an Inverness Thistle game after watching that cack today, first up it would have cost you a fiver entry

Maybe I'm a pedantic *******, correction I am a pedantic *******, or maybe we're just speaking two feckin different languages all this time  :023: