FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tokely Offski - to Countski

Libero

I would imagine the real reason Butcher wants to get rid of Tokely is that he's being paid too much. We have a tiny budget and Tokely has been here for what seems like forever and is probably one of the highest wage earners at the club. With Tokely approaching (sadly) the end of his career I presume he wants to put Tokelys wages elsewhere, maybe to Jonny Hayes or some other new signings. He's the manager and has to take tough descisions wether we think they are right, wrong or yet another ludicrous conspiracy theory.

Make no mistake Tokely is an absolute legend and always will be, but we have to let him go sometime soon unfortunatly and probably cant justify the wages he's probably been used too ......... on the conspiracy angle, if he wanted rid of him so much, then why has he offered him new contracts before and another one this time? Seems a bit silly to me that he would be desprately plotting this elaborate sequence of events to get rid of him.

"More of your "everythings just dandy" stuff. I'll express my view of things how I like. If you don't like that, I don't care."

More of your conspiracy theories more like, Renegade. You'll soon have more conspiracy theories than Neil Lennon!!

I wouldn't class it as a conspiracy theory. In my view, it's more like a quite probable plan by Butcher to save his skin. He is the master of PR and spin after all.

I think it was obvious why he got rid of Duncan. He'd lost his place, didn't do anything special when he got time on the park, went to a lesser division, couldn't get a game for them, dropped down more divisions.

Couldn't afford: Mihadjuks, Black, Morais, Rooney

Morais was offered a new deal after relegation but turned it down to sign for St Johnstone. Black was already gone (he didn't like Brewster when he signed the pre-contract remember) and Mihadjuks was on loan.

On Duncan, from what I have heard it's not a case of Duncan losing his place, it's more a simple case of Butcher not rating him. And If you look back to when Butcher came in, Duncan was gone straight away with a number of replacements (Kerr, Stratford and others) brought in to fill that role. That's why he was not offered a new deal.

Edited by Renegade

Personally I think Toks should be offered a dual role, Player and part time coach. Im sure he could motivate others, as ICT is Ross Tokely, so to coin a phrase, we are all Ross Tokely.

If he were to leave to get game time, Rossco will be back home sometime.

Edited by bauhaus

Give it a rest. It's well documented that spl clubs are making budget cuts. How do you know butcher didn't offer Tokely a perfectly acceptable contract? How do you know that butcher has wanted him out for ages? It's the same garbage you've moaned about all season.

One thing about supporting a wee club like ICT is, if you go to enough games, you end up having a pint or two with people like the parents of the players..... :whistle:

• Agree 3

Give it a rest. It's well documented that spl clubs are making budget cuts. How do you know butcher didn't offer Tokely a perfectly acceptable contract? How do you know that butcher has wanted him out for ages? It's the same garbage you've moaned about all season.

One thing about supporting a wee club like ICT is, if you go to enough games, you end up having a pint or two with people like the parents of the players..... :whistle:

And since when have offspring always been completely honest with their parents when things are not going so well at work? And since when have parents not defended their offspring against any criticism and then painted a far rosier picture of the reality of the situation. Hearing something from the mouths of parents is similar in reliability to reading it in the Sun in my book.

i think 2 years ago when tokely signed his last contract butcher seen him as indispensible so he offered him a fairly good pay package by our standards. now i think butcher sees him abit like mcbain, or gola in their later days. hes great to have around and will still do a job when called upon but wont be started week in week out if there are younger possibly better options around at the club, so doesnt feel the tokely is worth the same pay package as he was last time around. this could be the cause of tokelys disapointment.

right now i think butcher feels we need tokely as we need someone we can rely on, but hes turning his attention to trying to find a replacment. for when we wont be able to call upon tokely.

And since when have offspring always been completely honest with their parents when things are not going so well at work? And since when have parents not defended their offspring against any criticism and then painted a far rosier picture of the reality of the situation. Hearing something from the mouths of parents is similar in reliability to reading it in the Sun in my book.

The Sun! Where's the 'spit' smiley gone !

Aye fair do's, I had a nagging unease that if I posted that, somebody would respond as you did. You'd think with 30+ years in the classroom I would know better!

All the same if you hear the same pattern of anecdote from different parents you do start to wonder.... Put it this way, I don't think our Tel subscribes to the 'democratic' school of management..... Not a criticism, just an observation.

While I want Rossco to stay, we have to put budgets in place, I have no idea of his salary, his offer or where that sits in the club overall. Sadly he isnt getting any younger and while he is experienced and leads us - if we cant agree a deal within the structure in place he will have to leave. If that money pays for 2 younger players and covers other openings in the squad so be it and we will have to rely on other more senior players to step up and show more passion & leadership.

Sad time and state of affairs but this is Scottish football and how it may be in the future. Look at Hearts who cant keep Black - he has been their best player all season, this is a team who won a cup has a bigger fan base and qualified for European football - cant make a contract offer to a decent Scottish player (not even international level), D Utd are another example of a club where players are leaving year on year. Nobody in Scottish football has money :(

One of the most sensible posts I've read on this site in a very long time.

• Agree 1

The Sun! Where's the 'spit' smiley gone !

Aye fair do's, I had a nagging unease that if I posted that, somebody would respond as you did. You'd think with 30+ years in the classroom I would know better!

All the same if you hear the same pattern of anecdote from different parents you do start to wonder.... Put it this way, I don't think our Tel subscribes to the 'democratic' school of management..... Not a criticism, just an observation.

I think you may well be right. I've heard similar from another parent. What you were told may well be just as it is but it's not the sort of evidence that will hold up in a court of law.

Well there's a first time for everything! :lol:

I think the first time Munro and Tokely "linked up" was as our centre back pairing in the relegation season...that went well.

Other players past and present have parents as well. IHE could get a job at the Sun putting 2 and 2 together like that and getting anything but 4

I would never get a job fer the Sun as I only post seriously when I am well informed and always do in the strictest of confidence - even when it is direct from the horses mouth. It doesnt always take too much intelligence to work out when I am on the wind up or not !!

Quote from Lindsay Tokely on Facebook:-So after hearing numerous untrue reports I'd just like to confirm as of 48 hours ago, after 16 years of service Ross confirmed he will not be playing for caley thistle next season.

That's the last of the old brigade!

Quote from Lindsay Tokely on Facebook:-So after hearing numerous untrue reports I'd just like to confirm as of 48 hours ago, after 16 years of service Ross confirmed he will not be playing for caley thistle next season.

That's the last of the old brigade!

Was just about to post the same. A sad day :(

Oh dear that is bad news. :sad: Sadly, sounds like my previous posts about Butcher's plan to knock the final one off his hitlist is very likely indeed.

Hate to say I told you so...

It'll be even worse next season if the current trend keeps up. Make of this what you will, but I have been very reliably informed that Butcher's hit-list ain't over yet. He got rid of Duncan, he got rid of Munro, there's one more left.

Edited by Renegade

very disappointing news ... thats about all I can say just now !!!!

With Tokely, Tansey, Tade, Tuffey, Piermayr, Proctor, & Hayes all gone or going and Gillet & Tudur-Jones still mulling over their offers there are going to be some very big shoes to fill next season, none moreso than Rossco a true legend of ICT and as noted, our sole link back to the early days.

Rossco was player #41 signed by ICT and if he is not coming back (and Proctor #96 is also gone) then our longest serving player will now be Ryan Esson (#135) followed closely by Richie Foran (#143) !

• Agree 1