ICT Entry vote into the SPL- Who's voted what

BornCaley

Someone mentioned to me today that ICT went through a similar situation as Rangers at Hampden in season 03/04 when the SPL clubs voted for or against our entry.

Can anyone advise on what teams stood where on the 2 votes. I do know that we required 8 yes there were initially 7 votes for yes, 3 for no & 2 abstentions. Hearts & Hibs then asked for a 2nd vote with Dundee Utd revering their decision.

any help appreciated

If I remember rightly (after a re-vote) only 2 teams voted no.

Partick Thistle (were getting relegated) and

Dundee.

This shouldn't and won't be taken into account if we have to vote Dundee in to the SPL imho. I'd support a yes to Dundee vote, it's about doing the right thing.

Got to move on though.....do we want to be perceived as being like Rangers fans who are keen to punish people who have voted against them?

My lift into Wick/ICT games is a Dundee supporter.and he doesn't think that Dee is ready for the SPL......but would take it anyway...particularly if newco was going to be parachuted into SFL1 next season which could mean another #2 spot at best for them.

Six of one or half a dozen of the other, imo, Personally, but I'd never say this to the Dee supporting mate who chauffeurs me, but kinda of the opinion, that if Rangers hadn't taken the proverbial, and engineered everything so that the problems they knew were coming, didn't hit the fan until the new season had started and the criteria as to punishment (such as it was) changed, then they cheated every other team in the league, including Dunfermline.....and Dunfermline should have another chance in a League without Rangers.

The majority of honest Rangers fans are keen for this whole episode to be over and to get the chance to see their team get back to the top by fair means. We should not forget that it wasn;t Rangers who cheated. It wasn't Rangers fans who cheated. It wasn't Rangers players who cheated. It was the people running the team.

These are the people who screwed up the history. They done it for personal gain and personal recognition. They cared not for sporting integrity. They cared only for themselves. We have all based our arguement on the integrity of the sport and, rightly so, the result is positive. We must, however, do what we can, not only to see our own team survive this, but see Scottish football survive this. What a new Rangers will look like nobody knows, and it may well struggle to get near the top flight, but we must all hope that we have voiced our opinions for the benefit of the game.

• Agree 1