FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Clach v ICT

RossP

I'll guess that the positions will be...

GK - Esson

RB - Cooper

LB - G.Shinnie

CB - Warren

CB - Meekings

CM - Draper

CM - Foran

LM - Sutherland

RM - Doran

CF - McKay

CF - A.Shinnie

Cooper and Warren really impressed me at Buckie. Hopefully they continue their fine form tonight!

It probably is. But remember Mr Novo had no more affiliation to Rangers than he has to any other club he had the luck to be involved with. Nacho is just another of the many Spanish footballers not good enough for their own countries top flight who ply their trade in the lower echelons of British football. As far as I know he is still contracted to Legia Warsaw. That aside has anyone got a report on tonights game.

Surprisingly decent game. Only Highland League opposition but that's the most attractive passing game I've seen us play in a long time, Esson passed the ball out to the back four every time he had it and there were no hoofing it up the park at all. Warren went off injured within 10 minutes so Morrison came on and Foran played centre half for the rest of the match. Doran and A Shinnie looked lively from the start. MacKay scored a very well taken goal that came from a defensive mistake under pressure from our midfield but would have had a hat trick with more composure. Big Draper looks like he could be a good acquisition and full back Cooper was very impressive. Still not convinced that Shane is a winger but finished well after a good move. Sub Oswell looked good in the short time he was on and nice to see Morrison again (moved from midfield to right back in second half when Meekings went off and Cooper took over as centre half) and Polworth showed some nice touches. Only concern was that we looked very dodgy defending corners but hopefully a few matches together and that'll be sorted out.

• Agree 1

A wins a win but we are still in need of more players, especially in defence. Warren hobbled off after about 10 minutes and Foran spent the entire match at centre back...though he gave a great shift.

Thought Doran, A Shinnie and Sutherland looked superb in attack tonight, some lovely passing moves were exchanged one which led to a goal from Shane., especially Doran. Gave the full back a very hard time on the ball and was unlucky not to score.

McKay took his goal well but passed up several opportunities to add to his tally but his movement was good and he may come back a better player from a proper pre season under his belt.

Out of the new arrivals...well Warren hobbled off as i said. Draper looks a bit cumbersome but he got stuck in. Oswell held the ball up well and scored with his first touch, looks a decent prospect.

We're moving slowly but surely in the right direction but there is still much work to be done if this team is to stand a chance of cracking on in the SPL.

Edited by ajsict92

cooper was very assured, not the most attacking of full backs but got the job done and did it well.

meekings much the same assured not troubled at all.

foran great captains performance always talking.

warren disapointed he went off but when he was on he did very well played the ball on the deck and led the defense.

g.shinnie the usual solid but deadly performance from him

draper what he lacks in finese he makes up for in presence can get really stuck in and i thought he alowed the likes of dorran, a.shinnie, and shane sutherland to play.

doran was different class really outclassed everyone else for me

a.shinnie played well between the lines set up alot of the attacks very composed

shane, probably not a winger but would make a decent inside forward, he does the defensive stuff well down the wing but struggles to provide the final ball. good goal none the less and very nearly got a second with a great strike off the post.

billy a sharp performance squandered a few decent chances but thats to be expected at this level and point of pre season.

subs

pepper, looks quick could be dangerous, has youth on his side

morrison passed the ball well a good performance all round

polworth got in decent positions got into the game played well

oswell got a goal didnt look quite as sharp as billy but could be a better finisher

ross didnt get into the game really but was out of position got a run out at least

motm for me was doran he was different class.

• Agree 1

Warren off injured in 8 minutes and Foran at the back from then. Meekings didn't look too comfortable in the middle either. A better side than Clach would have ripped them apart. Tonight showed how thin on the ground our squad is especially at the back. I agree we need more players especially a couple of reliable defenders, a right winger and at least one striker.

I also think Sutherland and McKay are going to struggle in the SPL again. Shane gives the ball away too often and Billy missed about six easier chances than the one he scored, which he took well.

Pluses were Cooper, Draper and Polworth and Oswell when they came on. Andrew Shinnie and Doran started off well then faded. They just need to get fitter.

Is Owain Tudor Jones injured?

Not a bad game at all with bits and pieces of brilliance - especially our second goal.

i thought that Cooper, Doran and Andrew Shinnie were all excellent. foran looks like the fittest player out the lot. thought draper was a man of two halves. thought he was really poor first half but grew into the game and had some real grit about him in the second. Morrison looked very good and oswell and Mckay (despite missing a few chances) both looked sharp. Conor Pepper is still to convince me but i thought polworth was good. we are still a few new faces short yet but i am happy enough. hopefully butcher may get on the phone to clach about their number 9 sam urquhart who is a real talent.

• Agree 1