FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Well Done Bradford

Laurence

Amazing result

Congratulations on a first in the modern game with a Wembley final for a 4th tier team

( Rochdale v Blackburn was a final played home and away) - might be wrong from memory not research

Incredible run for them, beating 3 Premier League sides on the way.

Incidentally, Steve Williams hasn't kicked a ball for Bradford due to getting injured after returning from his loan with us last season, but he is recently back in training.

Amazing Amazing win for my wee team, i have lived down here for a number of years and had season tickets for City, this result has got the whole city buzzing, great stuff for a team who cost a whopping £7500, and that was for James Hanson, who a couple of years ago was working in the Co-op and playing part time. Its real Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Who could have dreamed City and ICT could be in a cup final ever, never mind in the same season.

Steve Williams i will be amazed if he ever kicks a ball for Bradford again to be honest, the have far better Centre backs than him ( Andrew Davies ) to come back from injury, he is most certainly surpluss to requirements.

Hmm.  Hats off to Bradford who have done brilliantly to get to the final.  The Villa are my English side and whilst this is all really a bit embarrassing one really must focus on the positives here.

1. By getting to the semi-final Villa have received a welcome boost to their finances.
  2. By telling the players not to convert chances and not to defend set pieces Lambert has avoided other clubs coming in for their best players during the transfer window.
  3. By letting Bradford win, Villa can now turn their attention to the more important business of avoiding the drop.
  4. Letting Bradford win also means Villa won't have to play Chelsea in London again

So, all things considered it was a pretty good result for the Villa. :whistle:

Shocking dive from the ballboy.

As RiG pointed out on Twitter, it's refreshing to see English fans and media talking up a Swansea Bradford final, wait until you hear the cries of 'Armageddon' if it's a Caley St Mirren league cup final up here.

To be fair that was a comment from Andrew Southwick who runs The Away End but he is absolutely spot on.

Good attitude down south with the "romance" apparently coming back into a cup competition or whatever. regardless fo what it may be they are right and they are bigging this one up big time. As Chris says, if it ended up being ICT v St. Mirren in the final it would be down to nothing more than Scottish football (apparently) being a laughing stock and the red tops would criticise everything about the game.

Can't condone what Hazard did in the slightest....however when I was a lad if I'd acted like that ball boy did then I would have been expecting a wee bit of a tussle and then when I got back inside I would have been expecting a clout around the lug for being a wee idiot and then a boot up the erse from my old man when I got home for showing myself up on the tv.

Maybe after all that someone would have taken Hazard aside and point out how naive and stupid he was to get involved in a situation like that....but I certainly wouldn't expect him to have the book thrown at him.  He got his red card and the suspension that goes with it...maybe increase that a bit to make a statement, but no need to hang him out to dry.