FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Liam Keogh

RiG

They were both in the paper saying that if they didn't get regular games they may have to leave

tis true... although you can't really have a go at them for wanting to play for the first team

Fair comment Harry.

Surely the same then applies to Dargo in that you can't really have a go at him for wanting a play a full 90 mins of first team football?

No Dargo was getting first team football but openly criticised Chrisite's decision to take him towards the end of games... completely different.  Hart and Duncan were basically stating that if they are surplus to requirments then they will try and get first team football somewhere else. 

think this is a bit of **** business, Liam has been unlucky with injury in the last 2 seasons but still has the potential at 23 to be a very good midfielder. Thought we could have let him go on loan rather than just let him go. That said great bit of business by Heid.

think this is a bit of **** business, Liam has been unlucky with injury in the last 2 seasons but still has the potential at 23 to be a very good midfielder. Thought we could have let him go on loan rather than just let him go. That said great bit of business by Heid.

... agree would have preferred to see Golly go than Keogh, but we don'yt know who Initiated  the move

Sorry to see him go. I agree that he is a player with bags of potential but injuries have blighted him and with a tight squad, we cannot afford to carry passengers no matter how good they might be if they got free from these seemingly regularly occurring injuries.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward and maybe Peterhead and Paterson is just what Liam needs. Good luck to him, and to Peterhead who seem to be regrouping for a serious challenge based on skill, effort and ability rather than the Gretna/Livingston model of money, money, money.

Guest Peterhead_Dave

So what is his other trade?? Is he a student at all? Paper round??

I'd imagine his wages as a part time player would match those he'll get when he goes full-time in the summer. Even if they don't, I'm sure he'd be able to cope on reduced wages until June ;)

Guest Peterhead_Dave

Which he can then spend on a nice handbag  :015:

Ace, I'm gonna befriend him tomorrow! :D

Edit: I can't believe I've signed up for a messageboard and by my second post appear to be a raging pooove....

My favourite memories of Keogh are of him arriving as a striker from Celtic, then taking a year to score his first goal. But despite all of that, he had a great rapport with the away support. Who could forget the raucous renditions of the Banana Boat Song in the Scumerset days when we had about thirty behind the goal and wee Liam would give us a wave. Ah... the good old days.....