FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Liam Keogh

RiG

8 Games last season due to injury and only 10 this season -  As much as I like the guy and think he has what it takes to play at SPL level, we simply can't afford to have players with recurring injury problems on the books long term.

Which is probably why we manage to land him (Dargo).

Comes a time when you have to cut your losses, I don't want to see him moving on, but in the grand scheme of things it's probably a sensible move for the Club.

And who knows, if he does ok on his loan spell,  remains injury free and finds old form, then we may offer him a position back here again.

I think Keogh is a good player but looking at the facts he has been injured for the last two years and was only really a key member of the team for six months in 2003/04.  I can only remember him being a stand-out in one SPL game (v Rangers at Pittodrie).  Hopefully a stint on loan will do him good and he can make an impact but I think he's going to be one of these players who will move to get a fresh start.

He was excellent in our promotion season, and might even have got one of the player of the season awards. But since then we've seen little to suggest he is good enough for the first team.

(Just struck me - exactly the same could be said about Caff!)

never seen anything from liam to suggest he has any potential at spl level

Keogh is a great squad player but I don't think he is as good as any of our current first team squad, he has the skill, physique, pace but think he lacks the intelligence needed for this level.  Everytime I have seen him get a chance in the SPL games (although a lack of chances) he has been very direct but didn't keep possesion well.  Still think he should be playing at a far higher level than the second division though.. I'm sure if he turns out to be one of Peterheads best players for the second half of the season Christie will make sure he comes back to the club.

I think we have seen the last of Golly though

Here's hoping Golly & Keogh do a great job for Peterhead.

I think Keogh is more than able to hold his own in our first team but he's had a bad run of injuries.

Still I think both him and Golly should be praised in there desire to play first team football even at the expense of dropping a couple of divisons. Perhaps Mr Hart and Mr Duncan should take note. Rather than go moaning to the press that they'll leave unless they get picked these 2 have been prepared to bite the bullet and actually looked for a chance to play regular football  :025:

Here's hoping Golly & Keogh do a great job for Peterhead.

I think Keogh is more than able to hold his own in our first team but he's had a bad run of injuries.

Still I think both him and Golly should be praised in there desire to play first team football even at the expense of dropping a couple of divisons. Perhaps Mr Hart and Mr Duncan should take note. Rather than go moaning to the press that they'll leave unless they get picked these 2 have been prepared to bite the bullet and actually looked for a chance to play regular football  :025:

I dont recall either Mr Hart or Mr Duncan going to the press about anything.

No Dargo was getting first team football but openly criticised Chrisite's decision to take him towards the end of games... completely different.  Hart and Duncan were basically stating that if they are surplus to requirments then they will try and get first team football somewhere else. 

Guest Suspicious Mind

They were both in the paper saying that if they didn't get regular games they may have to leave

tis true... although you can't really have a go at them for wanting to play for the first team

Fair comment Harry.

Surely the same then applies to Dargo in that you can't really have a go at him for wanting a play a full 90 mins of first team football?