FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

CTO app

dunco

IPB has/had an official mobile app which was available for a cost (think it was $1.99). I have it on my phone and its pretty limited to be honest. They have also announced that it is no longer supported so thats the end of that. The other major alternative is 'tapatalk' but we have not enabled this on the site at this time for a couple of reasons. I think that is what P&B use but they look to have paid for the version branded with their own name rather than tapatalk (cost for this is $99 setup fee then $39 per month to support both iOS and Android).

Personally, I find the mobile skin works 'ok' but does have a few limitations (polls for one).

I mentioned on another thread that we are using latest IPB version, but V4.0 is just around the corner. The blogs from the developers state that there will be a lot of focus on mobile browsing in the new version and have more or less said the design would be 'responsive' (automatically adjusts to the size of screen it is being viewed on), and that there would be better support for mobile devices out-of-the-box. When the new version comes out, we will definitely look very closely at that capability and see how it looks and functions. Given the stats I posted last week that showed 40% of views came from tablets or smartphones, it would be stupid not to ....... if it does well, then we wont need an app ... if it (still) has limitations, we might consider an app like tapatalk .....