FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

League Cup Semi Final CJT statement

davie

Fair play for getting the costs reduced but let's be honest here there was no hope in hell of getting the time of the game or the venue changed

We are in the big league now and due to Inverness's location there will always be situations arising like this

We should remember that we are in a very small country and when you put our journey into perspective with the likes of say Newcastle/Sunderland who have to regularly travel to London we don't have that much to complain about

The reduced costs should mean more will travel though so hats off to caleyjagsforever for once

Dougal

Seems I was a bit hasty offering my congrats here to Caleyjagsforever when the real heros were the Scottish Sun

Dougal

Still not enough action by the SPFL to get me to go. Our fans will be hugely outnumbered and with a Sunday lunchtime kick off when we generally can't win, I fear the worst. I will be watching from (behind) my sofa. 

I was discussing ticket prices with folk around me today too. Many of them are pensioners and are not at all happy to have to pay £20 to sit in the stands at Fester Road. 

Still not enough action by the SPFL to get me to go. Our fans will be hugely outnumbered and with a Sunday lunchtime kick off when we generally can't win, I fear the worst. I will be watching from (behind) my sofa.

I was discussing ticket prices with folk around me today too. Many of them are pensioners and are not at all happy to have to pay £20 to sit in the stands at Fester Road.

Your choice of course but I happen to think our players deserve better!

I also happen to think travel and a ticket for £30 to a national semi final is good value even for pensioners.

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 4

I'm not happy with the cheeky 25% ticket price increase, venue or time either. Although everyone's circumstances are different most pensioners I meet seem to have more disposable income than many other people. As OCG says, £30 to hopefully see us make our first major final isn't that bad. The players have once again done well to reach this stage and by not attending as some kind of 'up ye SPFL' stance they are the one's who are let down the most.

• Agree 4

Fair play for getting the costs reduced but let's be honest here there was no hope in hell of getting the time of the game or the venue changed

We are in the big league now and due to Inverness's location there will always be situations arising like this

We should remember that we are in a very small country and when you put our journey into perspective with the likes of say Newcastle/Sunderland who have to regularly travel to London we don't have that much to complain about

The reduced costs should mean more will travel though so hats off to caleyjagsforever for once

Dougal

Seems I was a bit hasty offering my congrats here to Caleyjagsforever when the real heros were the Scottish Sun

Dougal

You're right of course as The Scottish Sun make a habit of ringing round supporters groups randomly offering 4 figure sums out of the goodness of their heart.

Can't believe I bit.

£20 for the League Cup Semi Final is not too bad.  SPFL Premiership games are more expensive.  It's one of the cheapest prices i'll pay all season to get into a game.  All SPFL away games this season have been > £20.  I'll be travelling from Glasgow but as others have said, if travelling from Inverness, £30 for travel and ticket is a great deal for the most important game of our season so far!

• Agree 3

Dougal

Dougal

You're right of course as The Scottish Sun make a habit of ringing round supporters groups randomly offering 4 figure sums out of the goodness of their heart.

Can't believe I bit.

It's good PR from the Sun

The SPFL did nothing so the meeting was a waste of diesel, a phone call straight to the tabloids bypassing the beaks is the way to go in the future

Dougal

Dougal

Dougal

Can't believe I bit.

It's good PR from the Sun

The SPFL did nothing so the meeting was a waste of diesel, a phone call straight to the tabloids bypassing the beaks is the way to go in the future

Dougal

There is no way that we would have got this help from the Sun if the spfl hadnt put cjt in touch.

• Agree 1

Please stop biting. Dougal, if you have a problem with this please PM me. I'm happy to meet and discuss any concerns that you might have about the cup semi final or the general direction of CJT.

I will not, however, indulge in petty point scoring on this forum with an un-named individual who has no knowledge of the talks that took place or the points that were made to the SPFL.

Dougal, the chairman and secretary of CJT took annual leave to attend the meeting in Glasgow.  They fought our case but unfortunately TV contracts etc talk and we got a raw deal.  As it would have been difficult for the SPFL to give us money, they spoke to some of their sponsors and managed to get some hope from the Scottish Sun, which has now come to fruition.  Yes this is good marketing for the Sun, but be under no illusion this would not have happened if Davie and Jen didn't take the time to attend the meeting on our behalf.

Hi davie you confirmed our booking by email way back on December 16th do cjt want buses paid in advance rather than on the day is there an account set up to pay in advance would be quite happy to do this if that's the case. At least you would have money in advance and save any worries about people not turning up etc

Cheers

Hi davie you confirmed our booking by email way back on December 16th do cjt want buses paid in advance rather than on the day is there an account set up to pay in advance would be quite happy to do this if that's the case. At least you would have money in advance and save any worries about people not turning up etc

Cheers

If your booking was confirmed (presumably by John the bus genius) that's ok, simply pay on the day. I would really hope that those who have booked will go, we really need them to.

• Agree 2

Please stop biting. Dougal, if you have a problem with this please PM me. I'm happy to meet and discuss any concerns that you might have about the cup semi final or the general direction of CJT.

I will not, however, indulge in petty point scoring on this forum with an un-named individual who has no knowledge of the talks that took place or the points that were made to the SPFL.

Fair enough Davie, I appreciate the effort you and your entourage made on your pilgrimage to Hampden but in all honesty I could have told you the outcome long before you even made the journey

The Scottish Sun saved the day and if that was a knock on effect from your meeting then fair play

Dougal

Fair enough Davie, I appreciate the effort you and your entourage made on your pilgrimage to Hampden but in all honesty I could have told you the outcome long before you even made the journey

The Scottish Sun saved the day and if that was a knock on effect from your meeting then fair play

Dougal

Cheers Dougal - appreciated.

• Agree 3

Dougal

Don't forget to book your bus Dougal, or are you getting a hotel on Saturday night in Edinburgh on your way back from the County game in Killie?   :wink:

• Agree 2

I would encourage anyone who is still swithering to go and book. Its a great deal especially for youngsters.

I look back with fond memories to our Scottish cup giant killing days, the camaraderie, the togetherness of our fans en masse and the belief that our team can take on anyone and win.

Be part of the ICT bus convoy and be part of a good day out.

• Agree 6

Just looked at the forecast for next Sunday on BBC website, overnight it could get as low as -7 (is that considered warm for this time of the year up your way?), with a max daytime temp possibly of 7degs, slight wind and no snow or rain. I hope it stays that way for you guys and girls making the trip