FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Replacement Striker?

us2

Not a striker, but I see the young Aberdeen midfielder Craig Storrie is out of contract at the end of the season.  I remember seeing him for the Scotland in the Victory Shield at the Caley Stadium a couple of years back and he looked really good.  I think he'd be worth a punt actually, still only 19.

Would it be worth getting shane back and actually playing him as a striker

He's scored 10 goals this season for Elgin but would he be a first team starter for us - I'm not so sure.

Would it be worth getting shane back and actually playing him as a striker

He's scored 10 goals this season for Elgin but would he be a first team starter for us - I'm not so sure.

I agree he may not be up to that level but i think he is better than league 2. It was just an idea as I do think he was never given a proper chance with us as butcher used him as a wide man and not the central striker although we did have Rooney so was hard for him

Here's a short interview with Kink on an Estonian website: http://www.ohtuleht.ee/664732/intervjuu-tarmo-kink-kolmveerand-aastat-lepinguta-oli-opetlik-ja-keeruline-aeg

29 year old striker Tarmo Kink has been without a club since June 2014. After signing a contract with Scottish Premier League club Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Kink admits that the time spent without a club was both educational and challenging.

I have a point to prove. Scotland is a good European country and a good level too, where players who perform well can move forward. I spent a week in Scotland on trial and the club seems friendly. The football is of a good standard and is competitive.

Will the fact that you spent one and a half years with English club Middlesbrough make it easier to adapt to the Scottish league?

I am sure to benefit. Thanks to the time I spent at Middlesbrough, life in Britain will be familiar to me. So, in that regard, I know what lies ahead.

You have been out of contract since last June - were there dark thoughts running through your head during that period?

All kinds of thoughts have been through my head. During the summer I had opportunities, but they were not right, so I had to wait until winter. I was able to cope with it, but it was difficult, of course. It is always better to have a contract - where you can play and have a steady income.

Were those nine months the most difficult period of your career?

It was a difficult period but I learned a lot from it, too. It is difficult to maintain the motivation to train when you don't have the chance to prove yourself on the pitch at the weekend. While others were playing on a Saturday, I trained and watched the games in the top leagues. When I wasn't starting every week for Middlesbrough, I knew that if I trained hard there was still the opportunity to play at the weekend. However, during this period when I was without a club I didn't even have that opportunity.

The contract at Inverness lasts until the end of the season. What goals have you set for these three months?

I haven't really thought in detail about targets. The main thing for me is to play and to do so as well as possible. I have not played many competitive matches recently - they are more intense than training so it will take time for me to adjust.

Estonian national team supporters will be wondering when you will be back in a blue shirt?

Currently, I do not think the coach, Magnus Pehrsson, will be considering me for selection. First of all, I need to prove myself at the club and then I can look for further caps. It will all happen in good time.

Edited by Guest

Hmmmm! Seems to be a smart guy.

Diplomatic too.

And has very good English fur a furriner,.... like a Canajin,,,eh?

Good luck to him and our club..hope they both end up very successful and suitable for each other. We both need that .

Has Kink actually signed yet? 

The P & J is the only paper that ran the story that he had signed ... and that was 2 days ago.

Nothing seemingly confirmed anywhere else ... apart from Wikipedia ;)

What's the crack? 

According to a twitter account that's on the ball with stuff on Scottish football said that he has signed a contract but not all the paperwork is completed hence why isn't not been announced.

Good news on the new signings but nothing on the official web-site about either - where are the obligatory photos of player with scarf and/or top :whistle:

Only Edward Ofere has signed...and we've just not had time to speak to him (as in club media) ourselves, let alone do a presser with him.  He was in for a couple of days for Yogi to run a final rule over him, deal done late on Friday, down to Motherwell for the game then had to fly home to get his stuff....so first chance we'll get is tomorrow.

Tarmo Kink officially announced by the club.

Good news! Am pleased with our two new players. Not sure he'll be match fit yet but we've certainly got options now. A much healthier looking 23-man squad.

• Agree 1

Have to hand it to Yogimeister. He took his time and did what he felt was the best business for the club and we now have 2 new arrivals who have decent records.

Will be looking on with great anticipation between now and May.

Edited by AJS

Have to hand it to Yogimeister. He took his time and did what he felt was the best business for the club and we now have 2 new arrivals who have decent records.

Will be looking on with great anticipation between now and May.

Yet, you still don't like him