FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Replacement Striker?

us2

Well I'll be the first to admit that I don't know who he is!  Scored 24 times in 85 games for Malmo according to Wikipedia though which isn't a bad return.  Seems to have been in the wilderness since then mind.  He was linked with a move back to Malmo in January as well apparently.  Good to see a player with a bit of height brought in as well.

What happened to signing Tarmo Kink?

He is at club for a further week but with him "impressing" whilst on trial, I thought he'd have been signed up.

Happy days ... Personal note to self ... Have faith ... We get there in the end :) BTW how long does international clearance take? Could he be in the squad for tomorrow?

Depends on comms between associations in terms of getting paperwork signed off...but, yes, it is possible that could happen in time for him to be included in the squad for tomorrow.

• Agree 1

According to Wikipedia (who already have him listed as an ICT player till the end of season) he has played in 3 friendlies for Nigeria so presumably can't be too shabby.  At 6'3" he's a big lad and obviously gives us options of high balls into the centre when surfaces are not so great for the passing game.

His video of goal highlights is nothing like as impressive as Kinks and some of the goals shown demonstrate schoolboy defending rather than an exciting attacking talent.  However, the perceived ability of a striker is often a refection of the qualities of the players around him and hopefully he has been signed because Yogi judges that he will fit in well with the squad we have.  Let's make him very welcome and hope his goal scoring feats, if nothing else, are similar to Iain Stewart.

• Agree 3

So we have 3 guys on trial and then sign this striker from leftfield, so to speak. I recall Hughes saying a few weeks ago that he wouldn't sign a player unless he's personally seen him play.  Has he?

It's an intriguing signing though, however it came about.

• Agree 1

So we have 3 guys on trial and then sign this striker from leftfield, so to speak. I recall Hughes saying a few weeks ago that he wouldn't sign a player unless he's personally seen him play.  Has he?

It's an intriguing signing though, however it came about.

He has...just one that was kept under the radar.  Sometimes people are so interested in what's in one hand, they forget to look at what's happening with the other  :wink:

Kink is signing next week.

Out of curiosity, can I ask why you know this? CaleyD, is this true, sorry PumpFake, I would believe Don more or even Charlie Bannerman?

Would so love Kink to join Ofere as our new signings that can help us in our push for Europe.