FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Replacement Striker?

us2

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Canadian international Andre Hainault is unattached.  I'm sure he played at left-back for Ross County and looked a quality player.

That season he was with Ross County, I was frequently at their U20s and he used to always coach the young defenders in the team pre match and then often went on to have a good game.  He is definitely someone worth having a look at but I'm fairly certain he was a centre back and not left back - which in that case he may struggle to get ahead of Danny Devine never mind Warren or Meekings. 

• 2 weeks later...

If we could afford a transfer fee (which I don't suppose we can) I would like to see a striker who is already a proven prolific forward who already plays our style of football. 

Jack Redshaw is still in contract with Morecambe but if we could afford a bid, would be worth a look.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7jN8LXOJcc

Edited by MyAliasWasAbducted

Not familiar with Hainault . What is your take on him Scotty?

Nothing special. He has a lot of caps for Canada and is solid enough but not a standout. Depending on your viewpoint you might call him a 'journeyman' or a 'workhorse'. 

There are a number of more experienced that have been released from Scottish clubs that I wouldn't mind seeing as a number 2 striker that we've needed for 2 years now. James Mcfadden/Lee Miller/Jon Daly/Scott Macdonald. Obviously if there's room in the budget. 

Also maybe worth mentioning Andy Driver now left Aberdeen - could be looking to kickstart his career again, though after signing Roberts realise this is very unlikely - And Keith Watson leaving Dundee United

McFadden's finished, while Miller had a hopeless season at Killie.  McDonald and Daly would probably be too expensive.   I myself suggested singing Andrew Driver a few months back but seemingly, according to the Aberdeen fans, he's finished now.

Edited by Renegade

Not familiar with Hainault . What is your take on him Scotty?

Nothing special. He has a lot of caps for Canada and is solid enough but not a standout. Depending on your viewpoint you might call him a 'journeyman' or a 'workhorse'. 

So basically he's Richard Hastings.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if Yogi will/has offered a deal to Ian Black.  Seemingly he's considering signing for Berwick after going on trial.  I wouldn't offer him a deal myself, but I can see Yogi viewing him as his 'type of player'.

I wonder if Yogi will/has offered a deal to Ian Black.  Seemingly he's considering signing for Berwick after going on trial.  I wouldn't offer him a deal myself, but I can see Yogi viewing him as his 'type of player'.

Ian Black is not very good and centre mid is a position we have ample cover for. Give Yogi some credit...

He seems to still have *some* interest in adding to that position when he brought Norburn in on trial.  He also allegedly offered a contract to Iain Vigurs (he didn't want to return apparently).  

Nothing about "credit", but Black's a ball player who I can see Hughes wanting to take a chance on.  I wouldn't look to sign him myself, but I can see Yogi taking a punt.

I don't get how people can say Ian Black isn't good, he was consistently 1 of our best players and was at Hearts too.  He's had a poor time at Rangers but that doesn't make him a bad player, he could easily do a job in the top league with someone.