FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Strachan kicks off fracas.

Setanta clearly showed Strachan smirking and passing comments to the crowd in the Main Stand at the end of the game. Setanta has just reported that Police had to intervene in a scuffle between the backroom teams in the tunnel. Hope Tommy C tawtwed Zebidee.

One of the female stewards (Supervisor) got a smack in the chin from a Celtic fan who was evicted at half time aswell.

He passed us, unzipped his fleece to show his Celtic top and was giving us the finger.  I shouted to the Stewards asking why they never did anything.  The response I got from the male steward was that he saw nothing, I asked how he could see nothing when the guy walked right between them and he said he hadn't seen him because he was eating!!!!  This got right on my goat so I gave the guy a bit of verbal and he marched off to get his supervisor - thought I was going to be evicted but the Supervisor asked what had happened, I explained and gave the reason for my frustration and she went off to find the Celtic fan.

They found him down in the lower concourse area and he was evicted from the stadium.  Something must have kicked off with him outside because he was lifted by the police and thats when she got the punch in the chin.

Top marks to the Supervisor for her handling of the situation, but I find it worrying that the Steward was more interested in munching his pie or whatever he had than doing what he is employed to do.  She (the supervisor) wasn't too happy at that either and I believe she had a word.

The main stand was, once again, riddled with Celtic fans - most of who were causing no bother from what I could see, but it just takes one idiot like the guy I mentioned above to kick something off, especially if one of our own fans had decided to have a go.

Jees - thats shocking. I saw a couple of people wearing celtic tops earlier, and the people behind me were saying they were tic fans for the day

This is a discrace...!!!

Most of the time i find it is season ticket holders who lend tickets out if they cant make the fixture due to work etc. I know stewards have a tough job on days like today, but not once did someone come up and check for tops in the queue getting in.

Away from the subject now, but what a cracker. was end to end, both teams had chances, and what a performance by Barry Wilson... very much deserving of the MOTM award. Darren Dods was my only worry all day. Shocking touches, passes not reaching their target, and his attempt to start long ball football did not materialise - thank fcuk

Credit to the lads for giving them a run for their money. Superb preformance

I have money on DP lamping the wee ginger tosser.

I wonder though if this is a continuation from last season "fair play" guff Strachan was coming out with but also what kind of abuse was Strachan getting from the home fans and was it really any worse than what he said to them?

Not having a go here but would be interested to know what was said.

Is he not forgetting that we also lost 2 players to knocks? I find it hard to believe that he's playing the victim card here, neutrals listening to his interview could be forgiven for getting the impression that he's the Brazil manager, and they've just come up against Wimbledon.

The only 2 players who deserved to get sent off today were Lennon and Jurassic Park (Jarosik) for kicking players off the ball. Even just the size difference between most of their players and our players (Jarosic, Venegoor, McManus, Pressley, etc vs Rankin, Duncan, McBain etc) renders Strachans 'analysis' absurd.

As for the 'we tried to play football' b*llshit, why were Mcgeady and Maloney on the bench if that was the case? THEY were the ones who ended up resorting to wimbledon tactics.

I wonder though if this is a continuation from last season "fair play" guff Strachan was coming out with but also what kind of abuse was Strachan getting from the home fans and was it really any worse than what he said to them?

It was all a bit of a laugh, here are some I heard after Strachan spat the dummy for about the 8th time and did a wee bad mood temper jig:

• [li]Shut up Strachan ya gurney wee shyte[/li]
    [li]Are these some of your toys up here Strachan?[/li]
    [li]He's not short, its just a really big jacket...[/li]

There were some ginger references also.

The players shouldn't react to the opposition fans and neither should the manager especially.  The fans are always going to get on their case when they're so close to them, its just a wind-up FFS!  :004:

Strachan's behaviour today was disgraceful!

He continually left his box jumped up and down and and shouted, gesticulated and grimaced.

He became so bad that the 4th official had to restrain on numerous occasions.

Why he was not booked by the ref is amazing.

neksor

i particularly found the abuse burns was getting very amusing. at the start of he game as our fans were cheerin caley on he put his fingers to his lips to say be quiet. he then recieved a peltering of abuse about a certain job he recently failed to obtain for the umpteenth time. that shut him up :001:

Thought he was heading for the stand at one point. :015:  I actually find him quite entertaining.  and yes the jacket was very very long indeed.  :015:

Thank god he wasn't. I was watching the game with a tic fan who was convinced that the ref was biased in our favour.

He might have exploded.