FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SCOTTISH CUP - QUARTER FINAL DRAW

EWS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good draw in my opinion. I f we are going to win the cup we will have to beat Celtic t some point. Beter to have the opportunity at home than at "neutral" Hampden later on.

We've no reason to be in awe of them. Our record against them in this competition is second to none and assuming, as is likely, that SKY decide to broadcast the match, the revenue for the club will be in excess if £150,000 which will go a long way to compenating for yesterday's disappointing takings.

***** draw :007: :007: :007:

Don't understand this 'we'll have to beat Celtic at some point' line.

Not if they'd be drawn away at Hibs for instance...Hibs beat them, we wouldn't have to face them. And at least if we'd avoided them until the final then we'd have been certain of European football next season.

Arse.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in the final. Imagine the hype your going to have to suffer leading up to the game. I'm sure the beeb will be dusting down all that fantastic Millenium footage.

I know its not going to be easy but I've got my fingers crossed and with a bit of luck we should be able to beat QoS and dodge you in the semi's.  :001: 

:blob02: :blob01:  :blob02:

I wouldn't go quite as far as "virtually confirming" C100, but on the basis of what I've been hearing and what most people would guess Sky would want, I'd be very surprised if this game is not on the Sunday.

(I have to say there seem to have been quite a large proportion of "non Saturday" games at the Caley Stadium this season and I'm a bit of a traditionalist... or put more honestly, I like the routine of game... post match interviews... quick tea in Tesco... Social Club... Heathmount on a Saturday!)

That would seem to be the most likely slot at the moment, with kick off either 12.00 or 12.30.  The pubs won't like it as it doesn't allow pre match drinking on a Sunday.

Bring them on - we should have beaten them last week, so we can do it.  I believe that if we can beat them (and we have a better chance at home) we can go all the way.  :021: :021: :021: :021:

That would seem to be the most likely slot at the moment, with kick off either 12.00 or 12.30.  The pubs won't like it as it doesn't allow pre match drinking on a Sunday.

Ahhh.. but we know a pub which might.. :004:

'I wouldn't go quite as far as "virtually confirming" C100'

I was reading/listening  between the lines Charles, by the way i saw you chatting to Jim Calder in the Heathmount on Saturday, told me he was playing for Clach, but they played mince.