FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Have we left it too late AGAIN?

Have we done it yet again ? Why are we regularly caught out at the start of the season ? A lot of other clubs have done a lot of business and many are prepared for the pre-season. It is really important to get it all in gear and have a squad ready to gel and get to know each other, especially if a change of playing philosophy is in the air. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I am sure that there is much going on behind the scenes and would expect signings to be announced within the next fortnight or so. We have had a bit of a managerial 'blip' and it's too early to be in a panic just yet.

Richie has said he wants time and space just now to concentrate on completing the squad and I am prepared to trust that he's doing just that.

1 minute ago, Kingsmills said:

Well, whatever happens with them now they won't be pre contracts..

It depends when their contracts end....if they are under contract it clearly would still be a pre-contract situation now unless they had signed for their existing club (Lawless?). I am sure not every contract expired on 31 May 2016. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I can sense a forage across the Irish Sea.

Might be worth a punt.

With the pound weakening any overseas player has just got a 10% wage rise.

Whilst at the same time we will get a Euro 16 cash boost.

Edited by 12th Man

It's rare for any club to get much business done in June, particularly in the first week, as players are on holiday. It won't be until the end of the month when all contracts are up, players are back in pre season (or actively looking for a club) that we'll see any real activity. 

• Agree 3