19 years. Yikes.

Jack Waddington

Travelled to the first game, called off 30 (?) minutes before kick off. Trudged back up north. Couldn't make the reply as I had a chemistry test that afternoon and the teacher wouldn't let me take it at another time. Also missed Bucharest as well so I've probably missed two of the biggest nights in ICT history. Wouldn't trade it for Stirling Albion away in the League Cup though...

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

I was working in Edinburgh at the time and got a lift through to the game from a Celtic supporting colleague who was confident they were going to put at least 5 or 6 past us easily.  The return journey didn't go so well and I was turfed out of the car for winding him up  ?

Remember thinking that was it, that was as big as it was ever going to get for a team like ours.  You'd have been laughed at for suggesting that one day we'd go on to win the Scottish Cup.

Shameless plug for my Canvas Prints of Caley Stadium - 15% Discount today - http://bit.ly/ictstadium

I was at uni in Glasgow and my flat mate went to the game, I always wonder if he posts on here.

While my ICT days only really started 10-11yrs ago when Caleyjag's influence took over, I still remember the result and fall out quite clearly. 

3 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I was at uni in Glasgow and my flat mate went to the game, I always wonder if he posts on here.

While my ICT days only really started 10-11yrs ago when Caleyjag's influence took over, I still remember the result and fall out quite clearly. 

The main fall out bring Messrs Dalgish and Barnes plummeting to earth from a very great height.

Flew over from Paris on the Saturday, met up for beers with some dandy mates on their way to Love Street and ended up spending the afternoon in the pub after the guttering fiasco. Sadly couldn't make it back over midweek and vividly remember tuning in to Radio Scotland on my state of the art wireless listening to Barley Chatterman's updates from Parkhead. This was pre home internet and I didn't even have a mobile phone. Radio interference was horrendous and I could barely make out what the score was. Father-in-law was phoning house every 5 minutes to keep me updated. Different times on all levels.

Funnily enough back over in Paris today on football business so will raise a glass of vin rouge to commemorate this momentous evening in our history.

Allez les rouge et bleues.

The whole thing was just incredible. Best feeling ever.

Bruises on my shins from celebrating the goals.

Borrowing a phone to make my first ever mobile call, letting my dad know the result. He didn’t believe me.

Being at home the next day, buying all the newspapers and watching every news programme, basking in the glory.

In late January 2000 I was made redundant. A few days later I bumped into a former colleague, who said “Sorry to hear about what happened, it’s so unfair. You must be pretty pissed off”

I said “Aye, totally gutted. We had just got to the ground when we heard it was off....”

• Funny 3

There’s a GIF somewhere showing Leonardo di Caprio with his arms outstretched and everybody applauding, and the title is ‘Caley Thistle fans coming into work today’ or some-such. That was me. I was there both times but since then the occasion has been overtaken by even better ones.

Edited by TheMantis

I went into a Hun bar after the game and they were in a darts game. The bar man asked me what the score was and I said 3-1. He said "Well that wasn't too bad". When I replied that it was 3-1 to us the feckin place exploded and I received a few free vodkas.

17 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I went into a Hun bar after the game and they were in a darts game. The bar man asked me what the score was and I said 3-1. He said "Well that wasn't too bad". When I replied that it was 3-1 to us the feckin place exploded and I received a few free vodkas.

^^^^^

Fake news I think the more likely scenario was that you were outside the main gates involved in the demonstration calling for John Barnes to resign.

Dougal

• Funny 4

After the original game was cancelled, 4 of us went to the celtic social club. They made us very welcome and insisted we go back after the re scheduled game. We took them up on their offer and fair play to them, despite crying into their beer they gave us a round of applause and paid for our beer.