Brora Rangers 3-2 Inverness CT - NoS Cup Final

tm4tj

Team lines for NoS Cup Final @ Mosset Park Forres

Brora Rangers 3 v 2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Watch it Here 

Brora v ict team.jpgict v brora team ict.jpgTop of the Highland League V a mainly youthful Caley Jags should make for an entertaining game and great experience for our younger players.

Today's @PatMunro1945

North of Scotland Cup Final will be live streamed via

@brorarangers Youtube Channel

16' ] 0-0 Brora forced into a change as Jordan Macrae is injured and is replaced by Paul Brindle

35' ] 0-0 Kevin McHattie goes close to giving Caley Thistle the lead but shot is blocked off the line by Ally Macdonald.

42' ] 0-0 Great save by Cammy Mackay from a 30 yard strike by Paul Brindle.

45' ] 1-0 Brora take the lead right on half time with a low strike into the bottom corner, Dale Gillespie drills home from the edge of the box.

HALF TIME 1-0

67' ] 1-1Todorov Heads home from close range.

71' ] 1-1 Great double save from Cammy Mackay as he pass the first effort from Gillespie and the second effort from Morrison was saved too.

77' ] 2-1 Great free kick from Cammy Harper from 25 yards to put Inverness ahead.

80' ] 2-2 Martin MacLean levels minutes later from close range.

84' ] 2-3 Brora's Greg Morrison heads narrowly over bar, but moments later Brora go ahead through Kyle MacLeod.

Brora NoS Cup.jpgFull Time 3-2

Congratulations Brora.

North of Scotland Cup Winners 2019/2020

? :party:

View full article

• Like 1

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

Going to try and go. Doubt there'd be a supporters bus running, so the only train through is ~12:30, which is rather early considering the station is more or less right on the doorstep of the ground, so its just lurking around Forres for a good 2 hours, hopefully there'll be a decent turnout despite likely being crashed out after the trip go Ayr...

23 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Going to try and go. Doubt there'd be a supporters bus running, so the only train through is ~12:30, which is rather early considering the station is more or less right on the doorstep of the ground, so its just lurking around Forres for a good 2 hours, hopefully there'll be a decent turnout despite likely being crashed out after the trip go Ayr...

There’s a bus every hour on Sundays. 

ict v brora team ict.jpgTeam lines for NoS Cup Final @ Mosset Park Forres

Brora Rangers 3 v 2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Watch it Live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fafkF0o9Gc0

Top of the Highland League V a mainly youthful Caley Jags should make for an entertaining game and great experience for our younger players.

Brora v ict team.jpg

Live updates to follow....

Today's
North of Scotland Cup Final will be live streamed via ' Youtube Channel youtube.com/watch?v=fafkF0

16' | 0-0 Brora forced into a change as Jordan Macrae is injured and is replaced by Paul Brindle

35' I 0-0 Kevin McHattie goes close to giving Caley Thistle the lead but shot is blocked off the line by Ally Macdonald.

42' I 0-0 Great save by Cammy Mackay from a 30 yard strike by Paul Brindle.

45' I 1-0 Brora take the lead right on half time with a low strike into the bottom corner, Dale Gillespie drills home from the edge of the box.

HALF TIME 1-0

67' I 1-1Todorov Heads home from close range.

71' I 1-1 Great double save from Cammy Mackay as he pass the first effort from Gillespie and the second effort from Morrison was saved too.

77' I Great free kick from Cammy Harper from 25 yards to put Inverness ahead.

80' I Martin MacLean levels minutes later from close range.

84' I Header from Brora narrowly over bar, but moments later Brora go ahead through Kyle MacLeod.

Full Time 3-2

Congratulations Brora.

This post has been promoted to an article

• tm4tj changed the title to NoS Cup Final @ Forres LIVE

We were poor! Hate to single folk out but the younger players were up for it as was Trafford. Carson wouldnt get a game for a HL team on todays performance. Special mention to Harper for his topnotch setpiece goal. 

2nd half entertaining enough. Fisticiffs and lots of yellow cards. Well done Brora. 

No I don't think you are.  One shouldn't underestimate Brora through.  They are a top Highland League side and I am sure they could comfortably hold their own in division 2.  I am sure the Brora lads were 100% up for it,  however, there were several of our first team squad in there who should have been motivated both to win a trophy and to stake a claim for a first team spot.  After all, with the way the first team are playing, squad players might not get too many opportunities to impress.  

Need to put things in context..half our team were youths, who recently haven't had much game time, four of our team played championship football on the Saturday whilst Brora had the week off to prepare for their big day.

It was good to see the youth up against top level HL players - Harper and Hyde in particular looked at home, whilst McGregor wasn't effective on the right in the first half he had more influence coming central in the 2nd. Machado flattered to deceive,  but the pitch did look pretty soft and the ball held up on it.

Although the opener for Brora was a good strike the player had time & space to run in and get a shot away, whereas the second two were scrambled/rebound efforts where dodgy handling from the keeper led to loose ball being picked up in our own box by Brita and slotted in through the crowded defence.

All in a decent level of player but unfamiliarity hampered them against a good Brora side , who had plenty of strength & experience ( even if they did complain an awful lot about our physicality).

I wouldn't worry too much about the result, it was Broras day and well done to them - they probably wanted it a bit more.

I think some of the excuses were valid but so are some of the criticisms 

Firstly a defence that conceded 3 has hardly had a game together before. Mackays first game back since beginning of season. 

First half experiment of having Carson as 10 really didn’t work. Our two central midfielders weren’t able to get their foot on the ball and control things. The result was long balls to Todorov and into ‘space’ which again really didn’t work. 

Trafford was certainly Fired Up in the second half but could easily have been sent off. 

We looked far more threatening in the second half but when you consider MacGregor and Trafford had played 60 mins the day before and had the travel back from Ayr they certainly gave 100%. Todorov and macGregor linked up better in the second half but there was a lot of punishment being dealt out and the ref lost control in the second half. Roddy is very lucky he’s still walking after one of the tackles from behind  

a lot of others looked rusty and it’s hardly surprising they just aren’t getting games. 

It looked like a team just thrown together against a team that plays every week. It would be interesting to see what we could have done if we’d had a few more of the Fort William 9. Certainly a Jack Brown in the middle and a Ross Gunn out wide and a Donald Morsion at right back  

Cammy’s free kick was outstanding. 

Anyway, onwards and upwards  

• tm4tj unpinned this topic