FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

16 minutes ago, Marge1 said:

Maybe it's not all about the money or length of contract being offered 

Indeed, the club’s PR dealing with Shane Sutherland, will I suspect, have registered in the minds of Mr Mckay and players potentially available. Look at how Queens Park CEO positioned and promoted her club at the weekend on where they see their club develop both on and off the field!

Edited by big cherly
  • Well Said 1

If Billy goes, I look forward to the highest paid, least valuable person at the club releasing a statement about wage caps and not letting players hold the club to ransom, blah, blah, blah.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

Just now, STFU said:

If Billy goes, I look forward to the highest paid, least valuable person at the club releasing a statement about wage caps and not letting players hold the club to ransom, blah, blah, blah.

Will that be before or after unveiling Kyle Lafferty? Can see the mileage in that rumour - bug target guy with a staunch background....perfect for hoof and hope Doddsball

Really ******* hope this is all just a big misunderstanding

• Thank You 1

39 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Will that be before or after unveiling Kyle Lafferty? Can see the mileage in that rumour - bug target guy with a staunch background....perfect for hoof and hope Doddsball

Really ******* hope this is all just a big misunderstanding

Please don't, not even in jest!

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, RiG said:

Like who exactly? Billy Mckay is our most prolific goal scorer in recent memory and no one has scored more than he did last season than since, erm, Bill Mckay in 2013/14. Jordan White was close in 2017/18 (IIRC) but apart from that we have lacked an out and out goalscorer for the best part of a decade.  

Paul Ritchie and Edward Ofere came to mind. 

50 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Ritchie was a proven veteran goalscorer at a time when we were a desirable club to join. Likewise Eddie was on loan when we we were one of the best teams in Scotland. You might add Toddy and Fisher but that would be pushing it… Keatings looked like a class signing but it never really paid off.

But then there was John Baird. Scott Boden. Billy King. Doumbouya. Manny Duku. Joe Hardy. Mitch Curry. And Oakley and Austin were both gash IMO although some might disagree.
Edit - forgot Susan 😂

If Billy goes it’ll be an even longer season than the dark days of last winter when we were getting thumped by the likes of Morton. The Lafferty rumours are depressing. What a staunch club we’re becoming.

Edited by The Mantis
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

So one guy (Ofere) from the last decade based on a very small sample size of around 10 games? Not exactly much to write home about. Certainly doesn't give me any confidence that we can pick up a goal scorer late in the day especially with the paltry wages we are likely offering these days.

12 hours ago, RiG said:

Like who exactly? Billy Mckay is our most prolific goal scorer in recent memory and no one has scored more than he did last season than since, erm, Bill Mckay in 2013/14. Jordan White was close in 2017/18 (IIRC) but apart from that we have lacked an out and out goalscorer for the best part of a decade.  

There is a valid argument to say B McKay’s best days are behind him and it’s time for the club to look beyond him. Avoiding for now the talk of what options / scenarios the club had in mind if McKay left (I’m sure Robbo has a list of players), it is an opportunity for Samuals or one of the other signed players to step and take up the role. Also push the apprenticeship players and roll the dice!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Am I the only one who thinks that's really late for the players to be back? My social media is full of teams who have been back for weeks.

Also seeing it reported that Jay Henderson is away over the bridge.

• angry 1

1 hour ago, Caleyjag said:

Am I the only one who thinks that's really late for the players to be back? My social media is full of teams who have been back for weeks.

Also seeing it reported that Jay Henderson is away over the bridge.

Our players only just finished last season a few weeks ago due to the cup final, they deserve some family time etc. We also need to be pragmatic and accept the LC group stages is nothing more than friendlies which they replace and while progress would be good a lot of teams are still building for the real event being the league campaign.

JH was only ever on loan and we were never really going to keep him, he was always away to another Premiership team

7 hours ago, big cherly said:

There is a valid argument to say B McKay’s best days are behind him and it’s time for the club to look beyond him. Avoiding for now the talk of what options / scenarios the club had in mind if McKay left (I’m sure Robbo has a list of players), it is an opportunity for Samuals or one of the other signed players to step and take up the role. Also push the apprenticeship players and roll the dice!

I kind of understand where your coming from but he'd still be useful at least for 2 seasons and I really DON'T trust John or Billy if they were needing to replace Billy because I've seen 2 linked, one being a sectarian thug and the other a loan from Barnsley that I'd be OK (not ecstatic) with.

Imho only ONE player I'd be replacing Billy with that would likely be affordable would be Marley Watkins.

• Agree 1

Inverness courier to day  4 pages mostly ross co   I thought ict were the inverness team  no communication again from ict  no squad update nothing what about Billy mackay  can we really afford to lose him  what is going on at the stadium    don't think I will renew season ticket   

• Facepalm 1

All these posters who say they are not renewing their season tickets can't really call themselves true supporters. You support your team through thick and thin no matter the circumstances - the players need all the encouragement they can get from those of us who are the real fans

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Well Said 1

7 minutes ago, Alan said:

All these posters who say they are not renewing their season tickets can't really call themselves true supporters. You support your team through thick and thin no matter the circumstances - the players need all the encouragement they can get from those of us who are the real fans

What garbage! It's the only power we as fans have so folk are entitled to choose how they spend their money 

What about folk that choose to pay as you go or only go to away matches? Are they not real fans either?

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 3

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

What garbage! It's the only power we as fans have so folk are entitled to choose how they spend their money 

What about folk that choose to pay as you go or only go to away matches? Are they not real fans either?

I kind of agree with Alan to an extent. I only go to away games but that wouldn’t change regardless of how we are playing. What he’s getting at is why are fans downing tools just because of what is going on off the pitch? 

I’ll still be there regardless of how much information comes out of the club. The only news regarding the club I look out for is on this forum and it’s usually all fan driven. 

• Like 1

I renewed my season ticket yesterday after giving the matter serious thought. And I consider myself a true supporter. I am appalled by how this club is being run, or not in our case. Especially the lack of communication with fans.  I am, or was, involved in sponsorship of two players and have decided not to renew this. I shall be telling the club my reasons when the inevitable e mail is received. With training due to start on Monday we still don’t know what’s happening with Billy McKay. Are we really so lacking in ambition that we will let him go to another club who will be one of our main rivals for promotion?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Although i will support my club through thick and thin , I too am seriously contemplating renewal and I can totally sympathise with people who don’t want to renew their season ticket this year.

In seasons gone past I really feel the club really did value and appreciated season ticket holders , communicated with them and worked with them to improve match day experiences doing there upmost to keep the small but loyal fan base they had. However this is no longer the case and, This factor along with increasing costs of travel and tickets , in a cost of living crisis have got me most like giving up my ST this year.

For several years I have keenly travelled up and down from fort william for games but I’m now I’m really starting to get really fed up with the club and it’s efforts with fans and players alike , I feel we are very much on a downward spiral and there are now far better ways I would spend my Saturdays than driving up and down the a82 to watch really unattractive football in a stadium with little to no atmosphere at a club that seems to no longer give a toss about its fans and then leaving the stadium more often than not disappointed. I can’t see this situation changing in the next few seasons with the current board at the helm , all efforts seem to fall on deaf ears and I am really starting to think … What’s the point ? I would rather keep my Saturdays free and my money in my pocket. 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

37 minutes ago, ICTPaisley said:

Jay Henderson signs for County, another sickener!

Unfortunately as you know, Jay was not ours to deal with and we don't have the spare cash to splash. Will do a job for County I'm sure. Good wee player who helped turn our season around. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Unfortunately as you know, Jay was not ours to deal with and we don't have the spare cash to splash. Will do a job for County I'm sure. Good wee player who helped turn our season around. 

Yeah agree, I’m surprised St Mirren didn’t keep him on but it must show what ambition they have for themselves these days if they deem him not good enough. 

2 hours ago, Alan said:

I  am a long time season ticket holder who also goes to a lot of away games but have decided that this season im just not renewing my season ticket.  

Ive renewed year after year, even though with not living in Inverness I tend to only be able to make games on a Saturday. So, with with missing Friday/Midweek games, it usually costs me more for my season ticket than if I just did pay as I go.

With the season tickets going up by 10% and the feeling of being totally unappreciated by the club as a fan,  I'm going to save a few pounds and just pay for the games I can get to.  

So I will carry on supporting the players on the pitch but refuse to be taken for granted by the powers that be who only communicate when they want us to renew season tickets.  If this makes me any less of a supporter then so be it!

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 7

Hello Alan,

I have taken time to digest what you say regarding true fans. I understand your point where you ‘support your team though thick and thin’, but stop and disagree at ‘No matter the circumstances’!  - I have followed football as a fan boy and man going on over 60 plus years simply because it thrilled and excited more than any other sport! It extended beyond a simple sport to include and represent the community, people and town /area I lived in. For the most the people in control of the clubs I followed were from the town the club resided and were woven into the ethics and ‘sole’ of the supporters. In essence the club and team represented the supporters.

In todays football society the connection between the club hierarchy [+team] and the support has been diluted as money overcame every aspect of the game to where the supporters connection has been reduced or diluted to ‘customers’, or to put it in more financial terms ‘cash cows’ via aka season tickets and sale of merchandise. 

What I have observed at ICT since we won the Scottish Cup has been a slow and somewhat painful decline both on and off the field. Excluding the Covid period and a fortunate cup run, the performances and direction over past two seasons with the team and CEO / Board had been alarming to watch and read!  
I feel the current club hierarchy do not have the same connection with the fans and community I mention above. I hate saying transient hierarchy but that’s where I am just now. This disconnect is most tangible in the almost bewildering and belittling regard of the fans worth and communication. 

So Alan, I have reached the point where I don’t want to continue with the current arrangement where I pay to receive more of the same ‘service’. 

As OCG eloquently put ‘it’s the only power we (fans) have’. To get the powers to pay some attention is to show that in their pocket, (Money again)! 

So to end my spiel, bring a true fan in my book depends on your interpretation on what you think is best for your team, and what you do to bring that into effect, (and loose).

I respect your view but you don’t have a monopoly on what constitutes a fan.

bc

Edited by big cherly
  • Well Said 6

I really can't believe the ongoing lack of anything from the club. Surely someone at the club looks at their fans forum, to see what the mood of the support is and to try and give them some positive information at a time when selling season tickets is at its most important. Maybe they do, and they are so far out of touch that they don't care.

I am on a few Facebook sites relating to various football teams, Championship, Highland and North Caledonian leagues, and when I was a boy, I took teams from every Scottish and English and followed how they got on. I still look for their results, and more often than not they have information about their team, pictures and players who've left and who had signed, and even Fort William has a better promotional side than us, a second tier Scottish Championship.

No word about Billy Mckay, no word that I can find that Allardice has left apart from him being paraded on the county page. This is truly turning out to be the worst close season for apathy from the club I can remember. It certainly doesn't bode well for the mood around the club, with the new season rapidly approaching. 

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 1

45 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I really can't believe the ongoing lack of anything from the club. Surely someone at the club looks at their fans forum, to see what the mood of the support is and to try and give them some positive information at a time when selling season tickets is at its most important. Maybe they do, and they are so far out of touch that they don't care.

I am on a few Facebook sites relating to various football teams, Championship, Highland and North Caledonian leagues, and when I was a boy, I took teams from every Scottish and English and followed how they got on. I still look for their results, and more often than not they have information about their team, pictures and players who've left and who had signed, and even Fort William has a better promotional side than us, a second tier Scottish Championship.

No word about Billy Mckay, no word that I can find that Allardice has left apart from him being paraded on the county page. This is truly turning out to be the worst close season for apathy from the club I can remember. It certainly doesn't bode well for the mood around the club, with the new season rapidly approaching. 

• Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic