FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

Today would be a really good day for the club to announce some positive news regarding players who have not, as yet, re-signed and/or the arrival of new faces.

Long gone are the day we were plundering County for the likes of Roy McBain, Don Cowie and John Rankin. Sad state of affairs.  

4 hours ago, Bobby said:

Have we signed any of the promising u18 players? I watched 3 games and there were 3 or 4 players who looked very good. 

If we have a number of prospects in the u18 squad we should get them signed  get them training with the 1st team and get them out on loan

• Agree 2

It means that Austin Samuels has extended his contract :clapoverhead:

This is as we have it now on CTO

All signed until end of season 2023/24 unless specified

Sean WELSH (captain)
Daniel DEVINE (vice captain)
Wallace DUFFY
Cameron HARPER
Zak DELANEY
David CARSON
Roddy MACGREGOR
Jake Davidson 24/25
Lewis HYDE
Aaron DORAN
Austin SAMUELS Date not known yet
Max RAM
Mark RIDGERS
Cameron MACKAY
Lewis NICOLSON 24/25
Matthew STRACHAN
Robbie THOMPSON
Harry HENNEM
Keith BRAY
Ethan CAIRNS
Nathan SHAW it appears that Nathan is still here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Billy McKAY waiting news

43 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Surprised at that but it is good news. Hopefully he can stay injury free and starts the season showing the sharpness he did until he got injured last autumn.

As for Billy Mckay, I read the fairytale ending bit as referring to the cup final had we won it, but highlighting how successful the season was for him in terms of goals etc.

Hopefully he signs an extension soon!

Edited by Robert

32 minutes ago, Robert said:

Surprised at that but it is good news. Hopefully he can stay injury free and starts the season showing the sharpness he did until he got injured last autumn.

As for Billy Mckay, I read the fairytale ending bit as referring to the cup final had we won it, but highlighting how successful the season was for him in terms of goals etc.

Hopefully he signs an 

Has he been offered one or just his option year? 

Can anyone confirm Shaw's contract. I can't read P&J article.

Also........reading between the lines......does it also mean that Billy has triggered an extension to his contract which ICT have to honour????

Copied from the Inverness Courier

"Samuels was the final player whose deal was due to expire this summer, with negotiations still ongoing with Billy Mckay but the striker having triggered an option that saw his deal extended through the upcoming season.

Too many grey area's, Or am I being tooooo hopeful.

• Thoughtful 1

Sounds like Billy has an option of another season if HE wants it, but is maybe trying to negotiate for a longer contract?

Given where we are, I'd have thought the club would be biting his hand off to get two years out of him.  He's got at least that left in him at Championship level, and if by some miracle we go up, he'd be a handy player to have in the squad for our first year in the top league whether a regular starter/90 minute player or not.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

4 hours ago, caleyboy said:

If we have a number of prospects in the u18 squad we should get them signed  get them training with the 1st team and get them out on loan

Strachan and Bray are under contract until next year. Not sure about Dan Mackay’s younger brother (Calum?). I think they are the ones that were on our bench and got some game time when we were short of players. Strachan looked good in the brief spells I saw him in.

I’m sure there are others we should be talking to.

• Well Said 1

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Can anyone confirm Shaw's contract. I can't read P&J article.

Also........reading between the lines......does it also mean that Billy has triggered an extension to his contract which ICT have to honour????

Copied from the Inverness Courier

"Samuels was the final player whose deal was due to expire this summer, with negotiations still ongoing with Billy Mckay but the striker having triggered an option that saw his deal extended through the upcoming season.

Too many grey area's, Or am I being tooooo hopeful.

Yes it says he has another year with us.

• Well Said 1

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Uninspiring. Probably considered ok as a back up to someone like Billy, but as our sole experienced striker to lead the line.......let's hope the defence is rock solid then

• Thank You 1

These guys haven't left Partick Thistle to hang around in the Championship for another season (unless it's to sign for a big player which we certainly aren't).

Turner is more of an 8 than Allardice anyway. Docherty would have been a good replacement but he also left Thistle and has signed for United. 

2 hours ago, Alan said:

,Billy McKay has turned down a two year contract which would have made him one of the highest paid players on the club's books.

Right now maybe, but considering our constant cost cutting he will be well away from earning what he did in previous stints, and easy for other clubs to better even in this division

We’ve signed midfielder Charlie Gilmour on a 2 year deal. Was on loan at Cove last season.

Was a promising youngster who didn’t quite make the grade at big clubs and was frequently out on loan. We’ve done alright over the years with players like that who are looking to make their mark and establish themselves somewhere, so here’s hoping this works out well for all concerned.

This is as we have it now on CTO

All signed until end of season 2023/24 unless specified

Sean WELSH (captain)
Daniel DEVINE (vice captain)
Wallace DUFFY
Cameron HARPER
Zak DELANEY
David CARSON
Roddy MACGREGOR
Jake Davidson 24/25
Charlie Gilmour 24/25
Lewis HYDE
Aaron DORAN
Austin SAMUELS Date not known yet
Max RAM
Mark RIDGERS
Cameron MACKAY
Lewis NICOLSON 24/25
Matthew STRACHAN
Robbie THOMPSON
Harry HENNEM
Keith BRAY
Ethan CAIRNS
Nathan SHAW it appears that Nathan is still here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Billy McKAY waiting news :hiding02:

• Like 1

I asked a Cove fan about Charlie Gilmour. He was impressed by him and feels they really missed him in the second half of the season after he picked up a bad ankle injury when tackled by a Queens Park player, possibly even one of the reasons for their collapse after New Year.

Sounds promising, although whether he will be able to hit the ground running will depend on whether he has fully recovered and gets a full pre season. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic